Wow, Ivey just donked off 20K in 2 hands. Unbelievable.
ya, that was nasty. Cant believe he pushed like that.
Yeah, well thats a good lesson that anybody, no matter how good they are percieved to be, make big mistakes.

The big hand Ivey raised 1500 from the small blind. DD reraised 3000 from the BB. Ivey pushes like 15000 and DD calls right away. DD had aces and Phil had 77. All blanks on the board. Mistake by Ivey so I guess he isn't a machine.

so ivey raised in the SB, and the reraise from the BB MIGHT have just looked like a steal attempt to push ivey off of his play. so ivey pushes all in thinking to be the better man in a game of blinds chicken. And he happened to run into a hand.That's what i'd think? Sure I'm no expert.. but maybe he thought if nothing else he's up against 2 overcards.Just offering that as a highly possible excuse for what i just saw asomeone refer to as "donking" away money.Because lets face it, 77 is a bad assed hand to 'fall back on' when you are fairly sure you can steal some guys raise. Worst case he calls with a medium pocket pair against WHATEVER the guy was holding. Great play by ivey I think... sometimes you run into aces and no matter how good your play is you're fukkt.

so ivey raised in the SB, and the reraise from the BB MIGHT have just looked like a steal attempt to push ivey off of his play. so ivey pushes all in thinking to be the better man in a game of blinds chicken. And he happened to run into a hand.That's what i'd think? Sure I'm no expert.. but maybe he thought if nothing else he's up against 2 overcards.Just offering that as a highly possible excuse for what i just saw asomeone refer to as "donking" away money.Because lets face it, 77 is a bad assed hand to 'fall back on' when you are fairly sure you can steal some guys raise. Worst case he calls with a medium pocket pair against WHATEVER the guy was holding. Great play by ivey I think... sometimes you run into aces and no matter how good your play is you're fukkt.
If some newbie posted the exact same hand only at the .50/1 level and played 77 exactly the same way Ivey did you would flame him until he was a smoldering pile of ash and you know it.

Dustin played perfect against Phil. However, if Phil had 100k vs. his 100k, DD would get absolutely annihilated. He was raising, Phil was re rasing and Dirksen was moving in. He definitely plays a very good NLH game, that is for sure. No one that I see gets to 100k in a 10k buy in game multiple times a week. We'll have to see how he deals w/ bad runs and if he can keep up his pace. Anyways, I give him a lot of credit as anyone should. It seems as though he won 34k in the 200k guarantee and then he starts showing up and mutilating the 25/50 and 50/100 within days...?

Dirksen is the real deal. I've played a bunch of sessions with him at 5/10NL and he was very stiff competition. He is smart in that the higher he plays, the more bold and aggressive he becomes.For those who say he's a lottery ticket...put up your money and take his. It's tougher than you think.

Dirksen is the real deal. I've played a bunch of sessions with him at 5/10NL and he was very stiff competition. He is smart in that the higher he plays, the more bold and aggressive he becomes.For those who say he's a lottery ticket...put up your money and take his. It's tougher than you think.
That is smart? Please don't speak about things you have no idea about.
Hoosier, that was a mean and senseless post. The guy said he plays 5/10NL, do you have experience playing that level or higher?
Hoosier, that was a mean and senseless post. The guy said he plays 5/10NL, do you have experience playing that level or higher?
I don't play NL cash games. Online I play 3/6 and 5/10 6 max. Live I play 10/20 or 20/40 HE and have taken shots at 30/60 Mixed.Sorry about being mean and senseless. But the key to winning at higher limits isn't being more bold and aggressive.
so ivey raised in the SB, and the reraise from the BB MIGHT have just looked like a steal attempt to push ivey off of his play.  so ivey pushes all in thinking to be the better man in a game of blinds chicken.  And he happened to run into a hand.That's what i'd think?  Sure I'm no expert.. but maybe he thought if nothing else he's up against 2 overcards.Just offering that as a highly possible excuse for what i just saw asomeone refer to as  "donking" away money.Because lets face it, 77 is a bad assed hand to 'fall back on' when you are fairly sure you can steal some guys raise.  Worst case he calls with a medium pocket pair against WHATEVER the guy was holding.  Great play by ivey I think... sometimes you run into aces and no matter how good your play is you're fukkt.
If some newbie posted the exact same hand only at the .50/1 level and played 77 exactly the same way Ivey did you would flame him until he was a smoldering pile of ash and you know it.
Probably so... because the REASONS the newb raised (he thought it was a great hand regardless) and the reason Ivey raised (he probably understood why the guy would raise in that situation) changes things. In other words, there are several amateurish-looking plays that pros use that has NOTHING to do with the cards... sometimes they're purely based on situations.Am i a pro? Hell no.. but I listen to and read enough of their stuff to know that often times the cards in your hand matter not. NOW if a "newb" explained all that to me.. i wouldn't flame him.K.