thanks danny! you helped me make the fold of my life

Thanks to you Danny, I was able to make the laydown of my short poker career! I was playing $1 - 2$ no limit at Borgata in late position. I look down at pocket Queens, so I raise to $8 and I get one caller to the left who quickly calls.Flop comes QJJ, I flopped the full house. I wanted to take my time before betting to make my opponent think I was on a borderline hand. He jumped the gun and called for a raise."Dude I havent even bet yet"Most likey I thought he had trips. Maybe QJ, then i'd be getting paid off no matter what. I bet the pot, $20. He raises all in. Okay the only hand that could beat me was quads and I needed to know if he had it, so I started thinking "what would Danny do?""So how long have you been playing?" I asked."I just started." he told me."I gotta ask you if you have quads."Some lady made a comment about trying to act like a pro. Yeah I was , Im tryign to get a read on if he had the cooler or not.He looked right at me and told me he had Jacks in the hole. He said it completely relaxed, completely calm. "I have 4 Jacks."I studied for a few to the dismay of my entire table who were egging me on, closed my eyes and folded my full house. My opponent graciously flipped his quads.I left the table down a bit and spent the rest of the evening watching Larry Levin play $80 - $160 in the highrollers room. Thanks again Danny. Reading your blogs saved me $85.Jason

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little curious about why Daniel's blogs are responsible for this play?Seriously.
Because we all know that Daniel regularly lays down top fullhouse on the flop no less!!!LOL!!!!!!!
Man I love the Internet.You can't post one hand history without getting flamed on by someone, regardless of how you played it.
So true, turns out the guy actually made the right play IN THIS SITUATION ... and yet everyone still just flames. Gotta love it!
So true, turns out the guy actually made the right play IN THIS SITUATION ... and yet everyone still just flames. Gotta love it!
Do you REALLY think he made the right play?Tell you what.....you can't find a pro anywhere that has made that laydown in their life...unless their opponent urinated himself and danced a macarena...all the while exposing their cards.
Do you REALLY think he made the right play?Tell you what.....you can't find a pro anywhere that has made that laydown in their life...unless their opponent urinated himself and danced a macarena...all the while exposing their cards.
Well obviously I think he made the right play in this situation because he saved all of his chips which he should have lost.Is it the right play to lay down top full on the flop every time?? Of course not, but in this situation he was apparently correct.p.s. The only way this play could have been any better is if he stood up and told the floorman "They forgot I can dodge bullets baby!"

bwaha...you people shouldnt be trashing this guy at all, but hey, this IS fcp.I wouldnt of even considered digging for information against my opponent in that spot...."Call" is the only thing that comes to mind instantly in that situation, but nice save I guess....P.