funniest blog ever

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://theredpill98.blogspot.com/If you haven't done so already.... check out this blog.... One of the funniest ones I have ever seen.
As far as reading an entertaining blog about poker, I like Paul Philips or Matt Maroon. You, sir, are wrong. This is the funniest blog/website you will ever read. I'm serious. Read this story and tell me it isn't hilarious. I'm waiting. http://www.tuckermax.com/archives/entries/..._trip.phtml#281J in Colo.
Jeepster, LMAO!!!!!! I read the entire Austin story, that was INSANELY HILARIOUS!!!! That dude can make a story real entertaining.

Hey man-You want to be good at poker online, make a couple grand a month? I will tell you how I started.. First of all you need to sit down and read some books, the Theory of Poker may be a little advanced, especially for the low limits you are playing. Just get a basic concept of the games and from there it is experience. Personally I started as a low limits, Limit HoldEm player and I was able to work out a couple hundred dollars a week at the low stakes. If this interests you, I will give some pointers.. Get a strict starting hand requirement, try not to play hands unless it is two facecards or a pocket pair. Don't call mediocre hands, especially to raises... I would suggest your starting hand requirement be even more strict if you are going to stay with the NL games. When you get good hands, play them aggressively, don't sit back and be a weak player when you have good hands, but also know when to fold, don't get attached to hands and don't play overaggressively.Also something I did on the side was that I started to play for bonus. If you are going to be playing anyways, may as well be getting something extra for playing, and that comes in the form of bonus. I follow a list of bonuses on the website:http://www.buildabankroll.comIt is mostly all laid out on the site of what to do, and should not be tough to figure out. At the end of the week getting back up to $200 in bonus, depending on the stakes you play at can definitely help to keep the bankroll surviving on those coldstreaks.Some books to read are definitely Super System I or II, a basic start book would be "Beat Texas Hold 'Em" by Tom McEvoy...it will lay out all the basics and get you thinking a little about poker plus its very cheap. Best of luck man and definitely get the emotions under control or you WILL NOT be able to make it playing online poker....

listen to the advice of the posters that actually care.we all sucked at one point, but intense studying and a lot of hours changed that.but one of the most important things that you have to learn is to accurately assess your own play. You have a lot of misconceptions about the game of poker and you need to get those out before you lose your entire bankroll. Look at yourself without the blownup ego so you can fix your game.
Anyway, this is round 2 of my blogging career. I'm going to lay it on the table for everyone. I'm a loser and I basically hate most things in life. I hate people. I hate working. I hate talking. I hate the phone. I hate socializing. I hate sleeping and waking up. I hate families and parents. I hate police. I hate criminals. Ok, I'm starting to sound like shakespeare and I didn't want it to turn into that.
i gave serious advice before but after reading your blog i decided that it might be a better idea to quit poker. I thought other people were just randomly flaming you, but from what i have read of your blog, you need to quit poker, or take a good amount of time, at least a month, and study the game. You are playing hands completely wrong. Post some of your hands in the strategy section and get them analyzed. Do something, because as of right now, it hurts me to see how you're donking off all your money, especially if this is your income. Take all of the advice on this thread to heart because you certainly need a wake up call.

unintentionally funny, this guy has nothing on Antonio Esfandiari, whose stories raise the bar. Everytime I think about "Rocks and Rings" I feel so much better about my life.

Why are our fathers such idiots ? Such insensitive idiots. Come on. You know you hate your father. I'd say 70 % of us hate our fathers. Why is it when you become a father and have a wife and kids you become a real *******. I don't get it because I'm 10 years away from the age my father was but I don't consider myself to act like him. But I'll never know because I can't look at myself that way. I know what I don't do.1) I don't fall asleep on recliners while watch TV. I just don't.2) I don't moan and groan over food when I can't digest it properly.  3) I don't yell and scream every day for reasons unknown.4) I don't lock myself in a room and watch TV all night in the dark.Fathers are assholes and I don't know why. It's one of life's mysteries. I hate fathers and if you are a father and you are reading this, I hate you. Later.
No umm I'm pretty sure my father is the man and I love him
I keep hearing people tell me how poker isn't for me.   Yet, I keep pushing on.   People told me last year that Poker wasn't for me yet I keep making money at it.     I agree that I don't have good emotional control but I have gotten tilt somewhat under control.   I actually play somewhat better on the NL table when I'm on tilt now because I tilt so often.    It actually scares the players when I go on tilt.     Sometimes I'll tilt for 10 minutes and then calm down.  I don't have anything else in my life, though.   I can't do anything else.   I don't want to do anything else.   I think I was born to gamble.  I just need to learn more.   I never thought last year that I would be winning at .50/1 NL but I am.    I think I can possibly go further.    Didn't  Daniel N. say that he could turn most any intelligent player into  a professional poker player ?     If he didn't , then nevermind but I read that somewhere.  I know I'm making some mistakes.   I think the mistakes I'm making are  1) staying at tables too long and losing concentration2)missing bets on the river when I was sure that I was aheadNot betting the river when I'm a favorite to most hands is a leak for me right now and that is probably the biggest problem I'm having right now.
missed the rather important word there
You think the players are good on Pokerroom ?    I'm not really impressed by most of them.    The reason I chose Pokerroom is that I've always been a consistent winner on that site as opposed to Party Poker.     I don't know what it is about Party but I've never done too well there.     My first $500 week was on 24hpoker but then something happened and the next week , I dropped 300 of it and left .    I think part of it was overconfidence and feeling that I deserve to win every hand I play.    I'm trying to get over that.    I think what makes a great player is some kind of  eternal patience that is developed and I don't think I've developed that and not sure I ever will.    If you watch Johnny Chan play,  he has some kind of eternal patience or something  that a lot of players don't have.    He's a rock in that it doesn't really matter what the rest of the world does, he will always know how to play hold'em in the very best way.    I think it's something that a lot of players might not have.    When I watch Chris Moneymaker,  he's good but I don't see the patience that I see with Johnny Chan.     Chris Moneymaker reminds me of a guy like Reggie Miller or something where they catch on fire and no one can stop them but as far as consistently playing like that, he doesn't really do it.    Not sure Reggie is the best example here but I couldn't think of another player.   Maybe Jim Harbaugh, the ex-quarterback of the Indianapolis colts is a good example because he had days where is was just unstoppable it seemed but other days where he just didn't do anything right.  I think I play good when the cards are coming but I lose my patience and the problem just compounds itself.
for your poker comparison you used Johnny Chan and Chris Moneymaker?why, because you've seen them both on TV?I want to be a better golfer, on one hand you've got Tiger Woods, on the other you've got Big Bird.........
I keep hearing people tell me how poker isn't for me.   Yet, I keep pushing on.   People told me last year that Poker wasn't for me yet I keep making money at it.     I agree that I don't have good emotional control but I have gotten tilt somewhat under control.   I actually play somewhat better on the NL table when I'm on tilt now because I tilt so often.    It actually scares the players when I go on tilt.     Sometimes I'll tilt for 10 minutes and then calm down.  I don't have anything else in my life, though.   I can't do anything else.   I don't want to do anything else.   I think I was born to gamble.  I just need to learn more.   I never thought last year that I would be winning at .50/1 NL but I am.    I think I can possibly go further.    Didn't  Daniel N. say that he could turn most any intelligent player into  a professional poker player ?     If he didn't , then nevermind but I read that somewhere.  I know I'm making some mistakes.   I think the mistakes I'm making are  1) staying at tables too long and losing concentration2)missing bets on the river when I was sure that I was aheadNot betting the river when I'm a favorite to most hands is a leak for me right now and that is probably the biggest problem I'm having right now.
Would anyone else like a big bowl of contradiction?What's your alias on pokerroom?

To the OP, if you are writing everything to try and get a rise out of the online poker world, bravo, you are a genius. You successfully hit on all the topics that get people riled up. "low limits don't repsect my raises, so I'll move up" and "I've been playing 10 months and I know how to beat this game", etc, etc. Its all brilliantly put together, and topped off wonderfully with "I've read 1/2 of TOP" Seriously, if its a ruse, I wish I had thought of it first. If not, most of your troubles are summed up by this statement:

I don't have anything else in my life, though.   I can't do anything else.   I don't want to do anything else....
You'll never be successful until you have some perspective. If poker is your life, then your entire well being will be dictated by what happens every day at the table. Hence you tilting off any winnings you obtain. Go get a girlfriend or another hobby like surfing for pron. Something that will take off some the pressure of "booking a winning session." Otherwise, all the books in the world won't help you. just my .02Roark