Apparently not. He said that he was only going to enter if Poker Superstars lll ended early but i guess that didn't happen. Is anyone else very dissapointed in the turnout of big pros at Foxwoods. I havn't seen one really big name mentioned once. :cry:

Apparently not. He said that he was only going to enter if Poker Superstars lll ended early but i guess that didn't happen. Is anyone else very dissapointed in the turnout of big pros at Foxwoods. I havn't seen one really big name mentioned once. :cry:
unfortunately, a lot of them are also in Poker Superstars III.
it is broken into two days, so he or some of the other big name pros could be starting tomorrow.
have to be registered by start time today.
according to cardplayer, registration was still open to late comers.

There are like no big names in the field. The biggest names are Michael Gracz and Allen Cunningham. This is sad.

it is broken into two days, so he or some of the other big name pros could be starting tomorrow.
have to be registered by start time today.
according to cardplayer, registration was still open to late comers.
just for wire transfers, players aren't allowed to pick their start date, just like WSOP. So they could process transfer, then put them directly into the field.

John Phan Can Read Minds and He Can Read Yours Log: John Phan has been making a habit of reading peoples hands blind, or "showing off" as reporter Larry Kang is calling it. During a hand a few minutes ago, John Phan walked to the rail as two players at his table were duking out on the river, Phan quietly informed the bystanders in the media that "Seat 10 has ace-king, and he (seat 2) has ace-jack, maybe ace-queen." Seat 10 bet $3,000 on the river and was called by seat 2. Seat 10 showed A-K, and seat 2 showed A-Q just as Phan predicted. Isn't that Elkang, the guy who posts here occasionally? He seems like a smart guy on here and he seems to know more about the poker circuit than us so it woudl make sense. Can anyone confirm?

John Phan Can Read Minds and He Can Read Yours Log: John Phan has been making a habit of reading peoples hands blind, or "showing off" as reporter Larry Kang is calling it. During a hand a few minutes ago, John Phan walked to the rail as two players at his table were duking out on the river, Phan quietly informed the bystanders in the media that "Seat 10 has ace-king, and he (seat 2) has ace-jack, maybe ace-queen." Seat 10 bet $3,000 on the river and was called by seat 2. Seat 10 showed A-K, and seat 2 showed A-Q just as Phan predicted. Isn't that Elkang, the guy who posts here occasionally? He seems like a smart guy on here and he seems to know more about the poker circuit than us so it woudl make sense. Can anyone confirm?
same guy... I think his handle has larry in it or something like that on 2+2

I was there yesterday and today. Despite the 18 or so players that are in poker superstars I saw a lot of names. I played an act 3 last night along with Paul Darden, Clonie Gowen, Mike Gracz, Steve Danneman, Andrew Black, James Woods (hey - he's a name...lol) and Aronld Spee . Also around were Tuan Lee, Mark Seif, Men the Master, Lane Flack, John Dagostino, and many many more. I think minus the huge names missing the turnout is pretty good, especially for somewhere that pros hate coming to. I do have a question though.How much do these superstars get paid in a event like the Poker Superstars. They are giving up a chance at a TV final table and big win not to mention some of the biggest cash games I have ever seen at Foxwoods. Any ideas?