• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil Hellmuth has been talking to ESPN in his exit interview, and (not surprisingly) he's had plenty to say. He started out by talking about how freaking lucky Hoyt Corkins has been, because he was pushing all in, all in, all in, and the very few times Hellmuth calls him with premium hands, Corkins has aces or something. He also pointd out that Corkins must have won 70-80% of their blind vs. blind situations. He said the general public won't even be able to comprehend how unlucky he got at this final table. What a freakin' egomaniac.That Phil for you, always gracious in defeat.

Date / Time: 2005-11-09 00:48:00 Log: <b>Reminder:</b> In heads-up play, the button has the small blind and acts first before the flop. <b>Hand 159</b> - Hoyt Corkins has the button, he limps, and Matusow checks. The flop comes Kd-Ks-10c, and both players check. The turn card is the Qh, and Matusow checks out. That's right, he folds, even though Corkins hadn't bet. He laughs afterwards, saying something about his hand. It must have been a <i>really</i> low hand. <b>Hand 160</b> - Mike Matusow has the button, he raises to $43,000, Corkins moves all in, and Matusow folds. My fucking hero.

Has Mike been reading FCP? He just open farelledHand 159 - Hoyt Corkins has the button, he limps, and Matusow checks. The flop comes Kd-Ks-10c, and both players check. The turn card is the Qh, and Matusow checks out. That's right, he folds, even though Corkins hadn't bet. He laughs afterwards, saying something about his hand. It must have been a really low hand.

People can say what they like about Mike, but he has to be one of the guys noone wants to be at a table with in a tournament. It seems like he just controls the table with so much ease. Even against a great player like Phil, and a very aggresive Hoty he just seems like he is at home. Im always secrectly rooting for this guy because he is fearless and i think to get through tough fields in a NL tourny you need alot of courage. I really hope he takes this down.

Im always secrectly rooting for this guy because he is fearless and i think to get through tough fields in a NL tourny you need alot of courage. I really hope he takes this down.I agree Mike is fearless. I'm sure you'll agree that Hoyt's pretty fearless too.

Yes of course, thats the problem with Hoyt, he is so fearless its scary and its like walking on egg shells trying to play against him. I think this match will come down to a crazy hand where someone sucks out. This is a game of small edges.

Mike needs to win already.  I have to be at class by 8am.
I dont have class until 9am but I agree, FINISH THE DEAL MIKEY, US COLLEGE KIDS NEED OUR SLEEP!
Guest Zach6668
That's nothing... I should have been writing an essay all night, but instead I played some cards, and followed this... Not only that, but the essay was due last week...Goddamnit.Zach
That's nothing... I should have been writing an essay all night, but instead I played some cards, and followed this... Not only that, but the essay was due last week...censored.Zach
Lol, funny.I have to get up at 7 for my 8am class, booo.