Advice for Daniel

Nothing like taking advice from someone far less successful than you but success can be measured in many ways...Anyways, I emailed you months ago recommending you slow it down a little and focus more on poker. Now I would recommend moving down in stakes a little and booking some $100,000 wins. Your life has gotten very, very crazy busy and no one (even a superstar like you) can handle everything that's happened to you over the last few years and expect to still be at the top of your game.Not that you haven't been playing well but even you are admitting you played a little poorly at the end of the last session. The fact that you are getting up and then getting run over shows me that things are not going your way but also, you're playing better at the beginning of the sessions before you get overly stressed and just run down.It can't be easy being at the top of the poker mountain and looking down at all these gunslingers aiming at you. Now throw in huge media attention, way too much responsibility for a professional gambler (Stacked, TV shows, columns, etc.), being filmed while you're playing, proposition bets and a new marriage and I'd say you should slow it waaayyy down for a while. Kick back, relax, enjoy the good life / good wife and it'll turn around. You're still the man...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank goodness he has you to look out for him.Are you really this pompous to think you should be giving poker advice to someone that has had the success DN has had?This amazes me, you amaze me. Good luck. I think Barry Bonds is looking for some advice on his swing. And Tiger needs your advice on his short game.Good luck.

I'm a Canadian that looks up to Daniel but my advice is solid. I'm a little older than Daniel and I've been at this poker game a few more years than him. Do you see a flaw in the advice or do you just like to insult people?

Thank goodness he has you to look out for him.Are you really this pompous to think you should be giving poker advice to someone that has had the success DN has had?This amazes me, you amaze me. Good luck. I think Barry Bonds is looking for some advice on his swing. And Tiger needs your advice on his short game.Good luck.
actually its his tee ball he needs help with, and yes im an ass hole... :-)
I'm a Canadian that looks up to Daniel but my advice is solid. I'm a little older than Daniel and I've been at this poker game a few more years than him. Do you see a flaw in the advice or do you just like to insult people?
I'm an american, and I just decided to throw that out there, even though it has no other context in the conversation.
Nothing like taking advice from someone far less successful than you but success can be measured in many ways...Anyways, I emailed you months ago recommending you blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah. You're still the man...
You've been a member for barely 48 hours and you choose this as your first post. By the way, I fixed your post.
I'm a gay disco dancer, and I just decided to throw that out there, even though it has no other context in the conversation.
I like to insult people, but that is besides the point.How can you possible fathom what is going on in his life and what he can handle. You don't know how he manages his time.Are you an expert b/c you are Canadian? B/C you are older? Grinding longer? Obviously less successful. Only he knew what is best for him.Your advice is generic.Flying a kite might be good advice for you.I think you can't handle the responsibility of posting here with anything productive. I'm American and have been posting longer and am older than you, therefore I must be right. Get it now?

Down Ron, I think the Bearded wonder was just trying to offer their two cents. No harm in that. Besides, Daniel is a big boy, he can decide what is and isnt advice he wants to listen to. Also, Barry could use a little help with his swing. Unless he is planing on using his cane instead of a bat next year. As for Tiger, he just missed a cut didnt he, better hit the range, give our buddy Butch a call, quit doing cameo interviews on ESPN. Come on Tiger, quit playing opossum, the honeymoon with wifey is long over, get back to work. LOL

Allright, I'm feelin' cranky this morning, and will take the honors...STFU newb!!!!!!
If you see all my posts so far, obviously I am too... i didn't realize it though until I came here and saw so many retarded threads. But apparently I'm not in a good mood, lol.

Anyways, the advice was for Daniel, not you jackasses. I hope he sees it and listens to it. Canadians feel a lot of pride to see Daniel excelling and we wish him only the best. I feel sorry for you poor, bitter, losing players...

Nothing like taking advice from someone far less successful than you but success can be measured in many ways...Anyways, I emailed you months ago recommending you slow it down a little and focus more on poker. Now I would recommend moving down in stakes a little and booking some $100,000 wins. Your life has gotten very, very crazy busy and no one (even a superstar like you) can handle everything that's happened to you over the last few years and expect to still be at the top of your game.Not that you haven't been playing well but even you are admitting you played a little poorly at the end of the last session. The fact that you are getting up and then getting run over shows me that things are not going your way but also, you're playing better at the beginning of the sessions before you get overly stressed and just run down.It can't be easy being at the top of the poker mountain and looking down at all these gunslingers aiming at you. Now throw in huge media attention, way too much responsibility for a professional gambler (Stacked, TV shows, columns, etc.), being filmed while you're playing, proposition bets and a new marriage and I'd say you should slow it waaayyy down for a while. Kick back, relax, enjoy the good life / good wife and it'll turn around. You're still the man...
I never knew that Dr. Phil was a member...GET A GRIP!!!!! This IS his life and he is satisfied with it...are you to judge?
Anyways, the advice was for Daniel, not you jackasses. I hope he sees it and listens to it. Canadians feel a lot of pride to see Daniel excelling and we wish him only the best. I feel sorry for you poor, bitter, losing players...
assumptions can be dangerous.so can random advice givers.I can see you walking down the street, walking up to a homeless guy, and giving him solid life advice. Get back in the tool box.
So we lose at poker because you make dumb posts and we point it out?Interesting.You'll last long. Really. I mean it. Please unpack and get comfy.Welcome home. No sw whatsoever. I'm totally serious. Really!

It doesn't seem like bad advice. On the flip side, DN has never seemed like the kind of degenerate gambler that's going to wind up in the gutter one day, looking for a stake, so he can probably figure out for himself when to change gears.

You are a tool...you come in off the street trying to give Daniel advice, like you're going to be the first one to have these great ideas, and Daniel will be sooo gracious that you have shared with him your tremendous wealth of knowledge...for one, he does not need to go down in limits, it's not like he doesn't have the bankroll to take the hits, and he isn't playing poorly...He's running cold, it doesn't mean he doesn't belong in the big game, he just has to play it out and wait for the variance to come back his way...if he does it at lower limits he will never recoop his loses...but he's not worried about running out of money, like Mike matusow says, "when you're a great poker player, you can always get money"...not knock your best Dr. Phil impression, but, i'll put this so you Canadians can understand, take off ya hoser...