my team usa picks

If the team is already selected, then I'm an idiot, cause I couldn't find a roster anywhere. Here's who I think should go to Turin:Forwards:Tyler ArnasonMike ModanoBill GuerinCraig ConroyDoug WeightScott GomezBrian GiontaChris DruryMike YorkMark ParrishRyan MaloneErik ColeTony AmonteDefense:Mathieu SchneiderSean HillAaron MillerRyan SuterTom PotiBrian LeetchJohn-Michael LilesGoalies:Ryan MillerRick DiPietro(Toss up between John Grahame and Robert Esche, Grahame gets the nod if it's up to me).If the USA is to have any shot in this tourney at all, they need to let the young kids have their shot. I think Peter Laviolette is probably smart enough to realize that speed and playmaking ability will win it this year, so he'll go with guys like Cole and Suter over veterans like Roenick and Chelios. At least I hope so...Don't get me wrong, I think the Canadians will romp all over the competition this year, but if the US fields a team like this it could get interesting. Opinions?

If the team is already selected, then I'm an idiot, cause I couldn't find a roster anywhere. Here's who I think should go to Turin:Forwards:Tyler ArnasonMike ModanoBill GuerinCraig ConroyDoug WeightScott GomezBrian GiontaChris DruryMike YorkMark ParrishRyan MaloneErik ColeTony AmonteDefense:Mathieu SchneiderSean HillAaron MillerRyan SuterTom PotiBrian LeetchJohn-Michael LilesGoalies:Ryan MillerRick DiPietro(Toss up between John Grahame and Robert Esche, Grahame gets the nod if it's up to me).If the USA is to have any shot in this tourney at all, they need to let the young kids have their shot. I think Peter Laviolette is probably smart enough to realize that speed and playmaking ability will win it this year, so he'll go with guys like Cole and Suter over veterans like Roenick and Chelios. At least I hope so...Don't get me wrong, I think the Canadians will romp all over the competition this year, but if the US fields a team like this it could get interesting. Opinions?
Well first off you cannot have any canadians on your teams so those two will not be on Team USA, Arnason is from winnipeg and im 90% sure that schneider is from quebec not 100 percent positive on that one but eight ball arny (if you catch my drift) is def. from winnipeg

Tyler Arnason #39 | Center | Chicago BlackhawksHeight: 5-11 Weight: 192 Born: Mar 16, 1979 - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Draft: 1998 - 7th round (183rd overall) by the Chicago Blackhawks Mathieu Schneider #23 | Defense | Detroit Red WingsHeight: 6-0 Weight: 191 Born: Jun 12, 1969 - New York, New York Draft: 1987 - 3rd round (44th overall) by the Montreal Canadiens

No Parise? Or Rafalski? I can't believe Rafalski wouldn't crack that lineup.
Rafalski could probably bump one of my D-men, but I can't see an obvious choice to drop in favor of Zack Parise...

Rafalski takes Poti's spot, Poti has been a healthy scratch for the Rags recently and is an all around terrible player. Jordan Leopold needs to get on there somewhere and I think you need to make room for Jason Blake, he's great with a lot of open ice.

Rafalski could probably bump one of my D-men, but I can't see an obvious choice to drop in favor of Zack Parise...
I'd say Drury, but that's just IMO.
I'd say Drury, but that's just IMO.
Despite the fact that he hasn't been making it onto the scoreboard very much, Drury has been playing extremely well this season. He's as much of a lock to make the team as Modano or Guerin, IMO.
How does it feel knowing you can't get better than Silver? That must be depressing...
I'm not ready to hand over the Gold Medal to the Canadian Team just yet...a lot of people were ready to give the Pens the Stanley Cup based on how good they look on paper, don't forget. It's all about team chemistry, you either have it or you don't. I think they'll be good, but it's too early to start awarding the medals...
How does it feel knowing you can't get better than Silver? That must be depressing...
That 2004 Gold Medal at the World Juniors felt pretty good.
Are we talking about the juniors? No, we are not. Let us look at how many golds Canada has as opposed to USA...that's what I thought.
Are we talking about the juniors? No, we are not.
I was....and you seem bitter about it...cheers
Are we talking about the juniors? No, we are not. Let us look at how many golds Canada has as opposed to USA...that's what I thought.
Grow up!
  • 1 month later...

My earlier predictions (aka, shameless gloating):Forwards: Tyler Arnason (Nope, Mike Knuble)Mike Modano Bill Guerin Craig Conroy Doug Weight Scott Gomez Brian Gionta Chris Drury Mike York (Nope, Brian Rolston)Mark Parrish Ryan Malone (Nope, Jason Blake)Erik Cole Tony Amonte (Nope, Keith Tkachuk)9 out of 13 correct, I agree with the omissions/additionsDefense: Mathieu Schneider Sean Hill (Nope, Jordan Leopold)Aaron Miller Ryan Suter (Nope, Derian Hatcher)Tom Poti (Nope, Chris Chelios)Brian Leetch (Nope, Brian Rafalski, who deserves it)John-Michael Liles Only 3 out of 7 on Defense, but I don't think Chelios or Hatcher should be thereGoalies: Ryan Miller (Nope, Robert Esche, would have been Miller if he'd stayed healthy)Rick DiPietro (Toss up between John Grahame and Robert Esche, Grahame gets the nod if it's up to me). Named all three goalies selected, but this really wasn't that hard to figure out. 2.5 out of 3Final score - 14.5 out of 23 players named correctlyChris Chelios and Derian Hatcher have no business on this team, and I openly admit that I botched the other two defensive picks. Rafalski should have been one of my picks, and Ryan Suter was a pipe dream. I would have taken Mike York over Brian Rolston, but the other changes were good ones. Not that it really matters, this team doesn't match up against the Canadians, Czechs, Swedes, or Russians in any dream situation, but I'll still be waving my flag proudly while they get pounded.

Even though I want Team USA to win I don't think they have a Realistic shot at a Medal. This isn't the team that is going to do it. They are going to have to really overacheive. They'll look better in 2010 in Vancouver.Gold: SwedenSilver: CanadaBronze: Slovakia

Belanger, I think Slovakia is a definate darkhorse, but they have no goalie. I can't see them doing much damage without excellent goaltending.Team Usa could do some damage if they can quickly gel. I think they go as far as Dipietro can take them. If you look at the last 4 winners on these big international events, goaltending has been a huge factor. In the 96 world cup, Richter stood on his head to help USA beat Canada. In the 98 Nagano Olympics, Hasek put on maybe the best big money goaltening performances I've ever seen (against Canada and Russia). In the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics, Brodeur was excellent, while the Swedes (who looked as good as anyone) were sabatoged by Salo. In the 2004 World Cup, Brodeur (and Luongo) were stellar. Finland made it to the finals on almost entirely because of goaltending.I think, of all the goalies USA selected, Dipietro is the only one capable of reaching a tournament stealing level.