where do these guys learn how to play?

Playing a MTT on paradise recently and I'm bb with 2-3. Blinds are 5k-10k and I'm sat with 110k. Around 30 players left.Player UTG goes all in with 11k. Everyone folds around to me and I call for obvious reasons! Cards are turned over and he shows AKs. To cut a long story short a hit a wheel on the river and get berated by the UTG guy for "the worst call he's ever seen". Not only that 3 other players agree with him and proceed to call me dumbass and moron for about another 10 hands. As I don't believe it's good etiquette to teach at the table I remained tight lipped.So back to the question, where do these guys learn how to play? It was the latter stages of the game so he couldn't have been a complete fish, but to not realise I was gonna call what ever I was holding when I'm getting 26-1 pot odds is crazy. Or is it the other way round, am I wrong and it was a fold situation? Sorry just had to vent a little at the lack of understanding. :-)

Playing a MTT on paradise recently and I'm bb with 2-3. Blinds are 5k-10k and I'm sat with 110k.  Around 30 players left.Player UTG goes all in with 11k. Everyone folds around to me and I call for obvious reasons! Cards are turned over and he shows AKs. To cut a long story short a hit a wheel on the river and get berated by the UTG guy for "the worst call he's ever seen".  Not only that 3 other players agree with him and proceed to call me dumbass and moron for about another 10 hands. As I don't believe it's good etiquette to teach at the table I remained tight lipped.So back to the question, where do these guys learn how to play? It was the latter stages of the game so he couldn't have been a complete fish, but to not realise I was gonna call what ever I was holding when I'm getting 26-1 pot odds is crazy. Or is it the other way round, am I wrong and it was a fold situation?  Sorry just had to vent a little at the lack of understanding.  :-)
Let's see; you are putting up $1K at a chance to win $26K. How fast can I hit the call button.You were probably right in not trying to educate them..that would have resulted in an additional 10-20 hands of stimulating conversation.

I'm impressed you didn't tell them anything. That would have been hard. One guy I can ignore easily (especially when he's so obviously wrong, and/or biased because you busted him). But when like half the table goes at me (verbally) I might tend to go off on them, and accidentally educate them. I applaud your self control. And yeah, calling with any two is rather a no-brainer there and that table is either A) stupid or B) that guy's friends.I mean laugh, with like 25 or 26:1 72 off is a fine call vs a known AA right?It's funny that when these "pros" go to "school" and memorize their hand starting charts they so often neglect to learn about this new-age concept of pot odds.

You certainly made the correct call, obviously the pot odds dictate you call with any two cards even if you knew he had AA. It can be tough when you have a whole bunch of people berating you and talking crap when you obviously made the right play. Its easy to let loose, talk back, and either start a flame war or educate them about their play. But if you can manage not to, which it seems you did, then its even better because you are playing with a whole table full of idiots ... if half of the table can't grasp that its an automatic call for you, well let's just say I would be grinning ear to ear.

I can understand why they were giving you a hard time, but understand that means they have less knowlegdge (presumably) about poker then you do.When I get people giving me a hard time I just try and stay polite to them explaining my reasoning.All I woulda said to them is POT ODDS boys, better leanrn em.BTW how did you end up doing?What place did that put you in at that point?

I can understand why they were giving you a hard time, but understand that means they have less knowlegdge (presumably) about poker then you do.When I get people giving me a hard time I just try and stay polite to them explaining my reasoning.All I woulda said to them is POT ODDS boys, better leanrn em.BTW how did you end up doing?What place did that put you in at that point?
I wouldn't say a damn thing to them. The worst thing you can do is explain your reasoning.

Type Pot Odds and be done with it.If they don't know what it is, then well just let them be. I feel the need to educate people on party poker every now and then, when I get hounded for calling 2K out of 140K to win 34K with pocket fours and the guy obviously had a big pair (indeed he had aces) because he only played 8-9 hands the whole time I played with him (around 120) when I hit trips on the turn I was 'the worst poker player ever'. Got all kinds of 'horrible read' 'horrible play' comments, I decided, hey why not give them something to ponder... Then after I explained it they called me a moron and challenged me to play them heads up at UB.Three players challenged me to play them heads up at UB because I called 17:1 odds with fours in the hole.Needless to say those three games boosted my bankroll enough for awhile :D

It put me around 6th in chips and I scraped through to the final table. First one out once I got there but it's still a pay day. :-)
All I woulda said to them is POT ODDS boys, better leanrn em.
Okay, REALLY stupid question. Do pot odds have that much relevance late in a MTT? I ihought pot odds were a tool for the life of a ring game player to help assure better chances of profit over the long term. When you are facing elimination in a tourney, aren't other factors more important?I understand that when you are 2-3 spots from blinding all-in, grab the pot odds if you can get them, but what about prior to that point?

I wish you WOULD educate a few people, it would ease my blood pressure. 11 left (top 10 paid), big stack with 75k in BB, blinds 1000/2000, SS goes all in for 2125. All fold to BB, who FOLDS. 125 chips to win 5250 (what is that, 42:1?) when asked by me why he folds his blind, he says I only had QJ". *pounds head on table*

I wish you WOULD educate a few people, it would ease my blood pressure. 11 left (top 10 paid), big stack with 75k in BB, blinds 1000/2000, SS goes all in for 2125. All fold to BB, who FOLDS. 125 chips to win 5250 (what is that, 42:1?) when asked by me why he folds his blind, he says I only had QJ". *pounds head on table*
Holy shit. Thats just awful play. How can a CL have no concept of pot odds? Hope you still got a pay out.
Holy censored. Thats just awful play. How can a CL have no concept of pot odds? Hope you still got a pay out.
By the way, does anyone know the worst odds you can be preflop? I assume it's a situation when everyone at a 10-handed table sees a flop.
Holy censored. Thats just awful play. How can a CL have no concept of pot odds? Hope you still got a pay out.
By the way, does anyone know the worst odds you can be preflop? I assume it's a situation when everyone at a 10-handed table sees a flop.
I think the worst odds to have is 81:19. Underpair to overpair.that gives you just 2 outs... even A10 to like A8 you have 3. And yeah, I did make final table, I got 8th, I think. Got 7th last night at pokerroom.
AA, KK, KQ, KQ, QQ. KK & QQ has 0.1% chance to win. No chance of a set and straight opportunities limited with all the high cards which are out. Maybe get lower but its the first one I tried. www.cardplayer.com has a odds calculator, worth checking out.
I think the worst odds to have is 81:19. Underpair to overpair.that gives you just 2 outs... even A10 to like A8 you have 3. And yeah, I did make final table, I got 8th, I think. Got 7th last night at pokerroom.
That's headsup. I mean overall the lowest possible odds. For example, if you are in the SB and everyone calls to you (family pot) and you have 72 offsuit, should you call? Assuming the BB just checks, your pot odds are 19 to 1 (assuming sb is 50% of bb). Your odds of winning could be less than 5% (19 to 1).