looking for a frat for a massive poker party

Typical frat guy response. Give me my two best friends instead of a bunch of "brothers" any day of the week and a 30 pack, and the times that ensue are enqually enjoyable. Sorry but the debauchery above sounds like a weak high school fantasy. Not that i dont like see chicks in thongs, but gimme a break. Just so you know, "parties" are very high school. FOrd
tyrical non-frat guy response
fair enough, its just my opinion. An opinion of a guy who goes to the U in the city he was raised in and already have friends. I can understand the guys who come from out of state and needs to have a connection, its the opinion of mine to say that from the above posts, "frat" guys are soley worried about making sure that the party they are throwing are bigger and better than the others. I go to college for the education. From previous posts, I am not really sure I see what the REAL positive consquences of joining a fraternity really is.FOrd
education is good. but being in a frat is more than just friends, when you go out and get a job everyone has the "education", but some have connections. you can get alot of connections from being in a frat.just my 2 cents
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frats are a place where insecure people can feel secure.
I find that people who criticize frats are way more insecure that guys that are actually in them. If you are so secure, why do you care what anyone else does? If I want to live in a house with my five best friends and 35 other guys that are also pretty cool (re: like to get drunk, hook up with girls, and play poker until 5am) then what's the big deal?
All that bitterness stems from you finding your girlfriend getting a train ran on her at the local Kappa Sigma House. Ever wonder why all the hotties are hanging around the houses? I guess you pulled in your share at the library, all those late nights studying? STFU
dude, if u knew me, you wouldnt even dare say I spent time at the library...t
lol thats so sad.. in other words, "I'm not smart enough to go to the library! don't even dare say I am!" :evil:
EXACTLY! not sad really, just hate fucking school.... thats why im majoring in something that has nothing to do with school, so that I can quit if I get more annoyed. And I'll probably still make more money than you in my lifetime. ty.
Frats are a place where insecure people can feel secure.
I find that people who criticize frats are way more insecure that guys that are actually in them. If you are so secure, why do you care what anyone else does? If I want to live in a house with my five best friends and 35 other guys that are also pretty cool (re: like to get drunk, hook up with girls, and play poker until 5am) then what's the big deal?
well said.
I was in a Fraternity (Sigma Pi also) and the money thing was a concern. I don't understand why people who weren't in them feel as if they need to bash them and say your "buying" your friends. A lot of my best friends I met at school, and I don't pay anymore.
Sigma Pi's are just littering this board. I, too, was a Sigma Pi at East F-ing Stroudsburg (pledged in 1985).Oh, and I don't care if a 22 year old approves of this or not. I had fun. Friends of mine who were not in a fraternity had fun too.
I just dont like the frat type enviorment, Id much rather go to a club than a house party..just different tastes i guess..
we spend 4-5 g's on a good party on the band, location, alcohol, and enough sluts show up to start a brothel. how the fuck would you rather go to a club?
cuz I only spend $200, I get a VIP table, 4 bottles of whatever I want to drink ( I hate getting drunk off beers, let alone doing keg stands and shit like that.) Im usually there with my closest friends, and I get wasted till 7 AM...(which is the only downside to a lot of clubs in the US ..that 2 AM last call garbage DOES suck,) and Its equally as easy, or maybe easier to get a chick at a club than at a house party. like I said, different tastes...I like to go out, drink rum and coke, or whiskey, or tequila. Some people like to stay at home bong some beers, and chug some vodka. nothing wrong w/ the occasional hous party though.

start on the football team in college. That's all you need to do.Frats are weak. I love the guy with the music video frat party dream, girls in thongs, cans hanging out. Probably a bunch of tools sitting around doing equations.Bottom line, it's for a bunch of rich kids that need to fit in so they pay to be in a club. I would never do it. If you don't like me for me, go away. People wanna be around me, not because they have to.And, I would never do hazing. That is gay, and that is coming from Ron Mexico.I've never hazed or taken haziing.

I think there is a huge cultural difference here. In Canada frats are viewed quite a bit differently I think. Here the majority of people do not join frats, and those that do are generally the steretypical frat guy. Dunno why its so much different here, would be interesting to find out why.

start on the football team in college. That's all you need to do.Frats are weak. I love the guy with the music video frat party dream, girls in thongs, cans hanging out. Probably a bunch of tools sitting around doing equations.Bottom line, it's for a bunch of rich kids that need to fit in so they pay to be in a club. I would never do it. If you don't like me for me, go away. People wanna be around me, not because they have to.And, I would never do hazing. That is gay, and that is coming from Ron Mexico.I've never hazed or taken haziing.
ron i wrote about the girls in thongs and things. it happens man. not trying to call you out but hey i wasnt lying.
ron i wrote about the girls in thongs and things. it happens man. not trying to call you out but hey i wasnt lying.
You're not calling me out. I've been to plenty of parties with tons of wh0res and I never got looked at funny or asked to leave because I was c0ck blocking a member of the frat that hosted the party. You guys are an exclusionary type organization. Maybe, but I rather party with a bunch of guys that don't hang their identity on some greek letters. Just me. Sorry I don't agree. I'm sure your party happened. I'm sure it was just like a summer episode of Beverly Hills 90210 when Brandon worked at the Beach Club. Lucky you. I'll bet you played the Steve Sanders role. I just wanted to type Steve Sanders.Again, just not my cup of tea. I was in an organization, the football team, but we earned our spot in the pecking order. Plenty of guys were in frats. Got brands and all that. Just seems gay. I'm done.