two 7 stud mtts

I don't play a lot of Mtts and until today I have never played a stud Mtt. Since I got off of work early I decided to kill some time and enter a 7 stud Mtt on PP and another one at PS. I cashed in both at the same time. I made it to the final table on PS and went out in 8th. On PP I came in 14th, but it was out of a larger field. This was my very first online final table. I'm definitely going to be playing more stud Mtts. :-) I'm feeling good right now and just wanted to share it.

Thanks guys. I've always done well in stud cash games, so I'm starting to think that is my game. Oh and there was one other first today...this was the first time I played more than 1 table at a time. I know the rest of you can 12 table while changing the oil on your car, but for me this was a real accomplishment.

you want some easy cash?learn stud, and play in teh 7k guar. on party at night. its 20+2 and everyone thinks its hold'em since all they can see in teh lobby is "7k guar...". want a laugh? watch everyone talk about how "man I thought this was holdem this sucks" in the chat, and proceed to call anything and everything down.

Thanks guys. I've always done well in stud cash games, so I'm starting to think that is my game. Oh and there was one other first today...this was the first time I played more than 1 table at a time. I know the rest of you can 12 table while changing the oil on your car, but for me this was a real accomplishment.
I wouldn't do ANY more than 2 tables at a time of stud. MAYBE you can do more than 2 with stud 8, but IMO... its too easy to forget what cards are dead when you go more than 2

Congrats Miss Idaho! :club: I love playing stud tourneys. For a while on Paradise there was a guy running private stud tourneys about 4 times a day....just $5 buy in and the field was ususally 30-40....I cashed in almost all that I played, and won 6 in a row. LOL. I've cashed in a few bigger ones as well....I love stud...and really enjoy the tourneys cuz I find that ALOT of the people playing in them really have no concept of stud at all. They are just playing cuz it's fun and different. Many of them seem to have the strategy that it's called 7 card stud because you take all 7 cards every hand and see what develops out of them! Weeeeeeee...gotta like that! LOL.

I wouldn't do ANY more than 2 tables at a time of stud. MAYBE you can do more than 2 with stud 8, but IMO... its too easy to forget what cards are dead when you go more than 2
when I multi stud, two is the most I can do. I've done three, and it wasn't that bad, as you really only need to pay attention to what is dead when you are in the hand, it just sucks when you are involved in several hands at the same time
when I multi stud, two is the most I can do. I've done three, and it wasn't that bad, as you really only need to pay attention to what is dead when you are in the hand, it just sucks when you are involved in several hands at the same time
I almost dropped out of one on the mtts because I was having a hard time keeping track. But I was doing well in both and didn't know which one to drop. I couldn't imagine trying to play more than two. Maybe I'll do better than 8th if I stick to one at a time.
you want some easy cash?learn stud, and play in teh 7k guar. on party at night. its 20+2 and everyone thinks its hold'em since all they can see in teh lobby is "7k guar...". want a laugh? watch everyone talk about how "man I thought this was holdem this sucks" in the chat, and proceed to call anything and everything down.
STFU! I like my fish. The last thing I need is other decent or good or very good players ruining my good time.
I'm surprised noone has developed a program which can keep track of dead cards, making it easier to multi-table. That might devolp bad habits when going to live games though.
Like the screenshot button?Pen & Paper?I tried writing the door cards down for a while. As it turned out, once I wrote them down I remembered them and rarely had to consult notes.
STFU! I like my fish. The last thing I need is other decent or good or very good players ruining my good time.
There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in playing stud at this forum. I think your fish pond will be safe for now.Thanks for the tip DC. I can't wait.
I'm surprised noone has developed a program which can keep track of dead cards, making it easier to multi-table. That might devolp bad habits when going to live games though.
Like the screenshot button?Pen & Paper?I tried writing the door cards down for a while. As it turned out, once I wrote them down I remembered them and rarely had to consult notes.
You can remember 4 tables at the same time?

I played in the 7k guarantee on PP as DCSports suggested and he was right. The field narrowed pretty fast. Out of 504 I came in 74th. I just missed cashing, but I still feel good about how I played. I'm going to have to play it again when I'm not so tired.It's been a good day. :-)

Congrats on the tourney success. I'm really encouraged to see multiple posts about seven card stud today. I play mostly for fun (but I like paying my rent with cards, too)... and for me, stud is a lot more fun than hold 'em.I've had a few good experiences in stud MTT's. I mostly play small stakes stud. I qualified for a seat in the Stars WCOOP stud event by winning the 500 FPP tourney last weekend. Well, "winning" was coming in the top 8, but I finished with more than 25% of the chips in play with 8 people left. Not too shabby :)I'm trying to phase out of spending so much time on the cash games (graduate school just started up again), so MTT's may be what I do to get my stud fix in the near future.

I played in the 7k guarantee on PP as DCSports suggested and he was right. The field narrowed pretty fast. Out of 504 I came in 74th. I just missed cashing, but I still feel good about how I played. I'm going to have to play it again when I'm not so tired.It's been a good day. :-)
Told ya :)And if no one openly admits they thought it was hold'em... just say:"Man I thought this was hold'em" in teh chat...and watch 5 others go:"Yeah me too!":lol:

If you like stud tourniment,s there's several private and public Paradise stud tourniments that are JUICY. Way to go, Miss Idaho.. go out and celebrate by punching a moron.Do you play only stud hi, or do you also play the game of kings ( and Queens) AKA Stud 8/better

I played in the 7k guarantee on PP as DCSports suggested and he was right.  The field narrowed pretty fast.  Out of 504 I came in 74th.  I just missed cashing, but I still feel good about how I played.  I'm going to have to play it again when I'm not so tired.It's been a good day.  :-)
Told ya :)And if no one openly admits they thought it was hold'em... just say:"Man I thought this was hold'em" in teh chat...and watch 5 others go:"Yeah me too!":lol:
:club: No one would admit it, but it was obvious. I can't wait to play it again.BigD- I've never played Stud 8/better, but I'm always looking to learn something new.