• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

duckie 143 wrote: why would johhny chan fold after he got reraised on the flop...wouldnt he just call after reraise and see the turn?he raised mike reraised chan reraised mike reraised and chan folds before the turn?WTF?The action was pre-flop, Mike was trying to sell aces......

Ok, I just watched Rounders today for like the 50th time too. Anyway, here are the flaws that I was wondering about (in addition to those posted):In the heads up match with KGB vs. Mike:1. First hand. The blinds are initially 25 and 50. Who the hell raises to 1000 with KK?2. Last hand. Mike doubles the blind (which was doubled from before, so 50 and 100). Teddy calls. This means that there is 400 in the pot. Teddy makes a huge bet ($1000) which Mike supposedly calls on a draw. Who the hell would make such an awful call with such horrible pot odds?3. Last hand. Teddy thinks Mike is on a draw that missed. Why go all-in? Mike, in theory, should simply fold, right? This is one horrible value bet.Ok, I need to get a life.

Johnny Chan is not a fish.Depends who you are talking to in all honesty.
I honestly can't think of a SINGLE pro who would call Johnny Chan a fish. He might be better at some games as opposed to others. But, I think he's an incredibly versatile player. I got to sit in between him and someone else while they were playing a 1k-2k mix game. The game itself was full of top players. I was REALLY impressed with how Johnny played. I definitely would not want to play against the guy. Just sitting behind him was one of the best learning experiences I've had.
Another Rounders mistake; I'm pretty sure they screwed up who was the big blind and who was the small blind while McD and KGB are playing heads-up. I think they had the Dealer in the big blind, which is just plain wrong. This has always bothered me.
I was gonna bring this one up....so.....yea.....
I honestly can't think of a SINGLE pro who would call Johnny Chan a fish. He might be better at some games as opposed to others. But, I think he's an incredibly versatile player. I got to sit in between him and someone else while they were playing a 1k-2k mix game. The game itself was full of top players. I was REALLY impressed with how Johnny played. I definitely would not want to play against the guy. Just sitting behind him was one of the best learning experiences I've had.
I'm preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty sure he was joking.
///In the heads up match with KGB vs. Mike:1. First hand. The blinds are initially 25 and 50. Who the hell raises to 1000 with KK?///He must have read Smash's theory
Yeah...that is a major flaw.....But if you think about it.......he put the bait out there for KGB to take a bite...and he did...remember folks...it's a fu.cking movie.
I'm preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty sure he was joking.
Umm, I don't think he was.

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but um...does anyone else realize it's just a movie? I mean, we're not talking Armageddon-esque fuck-ups here. We're talking small shit that it takes junkies like us to notice.It's not like any of us are going to stop watching the movie. Man, I'm waaaay too serious when I don't get any sleep.

1. When mike was playing that italian guy ("hey look i tookd down a big ringer""that guy was paper mache") he raised him a NL size amount to make mike fold (at least more than what mike raised), and they were playing 7 stud. mississippi stud is the only NL stud game, and is so obscure i doubt thats what was going on.2. worm was gambling on hearts in prison, anyone know how you actually gamble on hearts?[/b]alsoduckie 143 wrote: why would johhny chan fold after he got reraised on the flop...wouldnt he just call after reraise and see the turn?he raised mike reraised chan reraised mike reraised and chan folds before the turn?WTF?The action was pre-flop, Mike was trying to sell aces......correct, for one more bet you gotta see the flop, esp if you can peg their EXACT hand, then its a cracking test for 1 in 5 (with the blind), correct calling odds even for 72RonnyMemphis wrote: ///In the heads up match with KGB vs. Mike: 1. First hand. The blinds are initially 25 and 50. Who the hell raises to 1000 with KK?/// He must have read Smash's theory Yeah...that is a major flaw..... But if you think about it.......he put the bait out there for KGB to take a bite...and he did...remember folks...it's a fu.cking movie,also, mikes 1st hand of the movie (a9 vs aa) he raises another rediculous amount preflop, can't remeber the number to kgb in the big blind.

This isn't a flaw, more than my opinion on a scene.The last hand where Mike flopped the straight, I am led to believe that KGB was on a stone cold bluff through out the entire hand. KGB must have put him on the gutter ball straight draw, tried to talk/bet him out of it.Another tell on KGB was his table talk - very limited when he had a hand.

Hey if you're going to steal ideas at least give the original thinker credit..... that same line(or one about 2 words different) is from a sports guy article on rounders about 2.5 years ago........  nice try though.......
And you think that "sports guy" was the first to think of it? Yeah, right.Even the Rounders-writers have commented that the most improbable thing about the movie was that part. She was supposed to be played by some skanky pokerchick-looking actor cause the character was just meant to be one of those girls that work in the clubs, but then they got Famke and well, Matt would never forgive them.
have you tried to cash over 10G after midnight?no way he gets it cashed..and he got the WHOLE 10k..what company cashes checks and doesnt take a % from it
bahahaha...i'm glad someone pointed that out. I laugh my arse off everytime I see that part. 10k... middle of the night... no % off the top. powerful weak.

These are from www.moviemistakes.com :-When Mike is playing KGB for the second time, right before he throws his Oreos they are almost gone but in the next shot it is almost a half full again.-In the second to last scene of the movie where Mike is playing heads-up with Teddy KGB, there is an inconsistency in the bets that are made. Previously in the movie, the black chips are shown to be worth $100 each. When Mike raises $1000 straight, he places 20 chips down, a total of $2000.

The biggest flaw is in the final hand. We Mike D double the blinds with a suited connector, but he is first to act on the flop. In heads-up the dealer acts first pre-flop, but last for the rest of the hand. Did KGB just call pre-flop or did the filmakers just get this detail wrong? I think it's the latter.

Ok, I just watched Rounders today for like the 50th time too.  Anyway, here are the flaws that I was wondering about (in addition to those posted):In the heads up match with KGB vs. Mike:1.  First hand.  The blinds are initially 25 and 50.  Who the hell raises to 1000 with KK?2.  Last hand.  Mike doubles the blind (which was doubled from before, so 50 and 100).  Teddy calls.  This means that there is 400 in the pot.  Teddy makes a huge bet ($1000) which Mike supposedly calls on a draw.  Who the hell would make such an awful call with such horrible pot odds?3.  Last hand. Teddy thinks Mike is on a draw that missed.  Why go all-in?  Mike, in theory, should simply fold, right?  This is one horrible value bet.Ok, I need to get a life.
Mike didn't go all in on a missed draw....Teddy assumed Mike had missed his draw and bet everything he had, and Mike simply called with his made straight.
Steel Reserve 211 rules.You can get PLASTERED, I mean beat your wife,censored your dog plastered,on just three 24oz, if you drink ' em fast enough.
LMAO :!:
You have to be plastered to beat your wife and bang your dog? What a prude.