chicks... n' stuff

Get your attention???In the proud tradition of incredibly non-poker related posts, I've got a situation, for which I'm turning to the FCP community for advice. This may be a totally silly idea, but, what the fck.Dear Abby (AKA FCP Community):This past weekend I went out on an amazing date. Really great girl. Beautiful, smart, fun, lots of stuff in common, she plays poker, etc. Things went exceptionally well (and I think I have pretty high standards in that regard), and, by the end of the evening, I think we were both pretty confident a second date was forthcoming (and has now been set up).Obviously it's way to soon to tell what either one of us are looking for out of this. But, if the second date continues in the same general direction that the first date ended, certain aspects of this situation are likely to heat up rather quickly. :wink: Now for the catch. I'm moving to New York in about 4 weeks (about a 4 hour drive / bus ride from where I am now). Should things continue in a positive direction, and I don't tell her about my upcoming plans, I think I'd feel kinda bad. I don't want to give the girl the impression that I'm using her by not telling her that I'm leaving until the last minute. But, then again, I don't necessarily want to inhibit the possibility of things progressing simply because I'm too honest about my plans too soon. Heck, I may only be in NYC for a few months, and, if things continue to go well, I wouldn't be opposed to entertaining the idea of trying the semi-long distance thing.So, what do I do?- Honest Abe

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 approaches:1. The Dogg approach - Tell her after you've gotten laid because if you stop seeing each other afterwards - well hey, you got the booty.2. Honest Man approach - Tell her up front such as during dinner on the next date. 4 weeks isnt' much time to start a serious relationship before attempting a long distance "trust" relationship. Put it into her hands & see where it goes.GL,Gov

Tell her on your next date, and then keep going out for the next few weeks just to enjoy your last few weeks together. Then when your flight is about to leave she will race to the airport to try to catch you, only to find you cancelled your flight and are at her house trying to profess your love for her.In the end you both end up in a crazy love triangle with our very own Ron_Mexico.[sw]only the first 6 words were serious

or the obvious approach which is a combination of bothtell her you are leaving in 4 weeks, but you have no problems moving forward with a short-term relationship based purely on sex and there would be no expectance for a relationship commitment after that unless things naturally progressed to that level.

or the obvious approach which is a combination of bothtell her you are leaving in 4 weeks, but you have no problems moving forward with a short-term relationship based purely on sex and there would be no expectance for a relationship commitment after that unless things naturally progressed to that level.
On a side note, what is scarier? That face that DNA has as an avatar, or those multi-colored chicken legs that made an appearance for a short time yesterday????

Guys: Just want to say thanks for the words of wisdom. All good stuff so far. Except for that Ron Mexico stuff. That dude scares me. :wink:

You obviously want to tell her, otherwise you wouldn't have even made this post. So be the decent, honest guy, and if things are going well on the next date, go ahead and tell her the truth.....then throw her in the back of your El Camino and be the dirtly little boy Ron_Mexico wants you to be.

Tell her on your next date, and then keep going out for the next few weeks just to enjoy your last few weeks together. Then when your flight is about to leave she will race to the airport to try to catch you, only to find you cancelled your flight and are at her house trying to profess your love for her.In the end you both end up in a crazy love triangle with our very own Ron_Mexico.[sw]only the last 6 words were serious
Tell her immediately after you finish all over her belly. Even before you lick..um, I mean wipe it up. Seriously, tell her on the second date but make sure she is into a third date first. That way you don't come off like a stalker on the second date talking about long term. Just be honest.
Guys: Just want to say thanks for the words of wisdom. All good stuff so far. Except for that Ron Mexico stuff. That dude scares me. :wink:
It's not that scary. sure he gets a little demanding, and is into weird stuff. but theres nothing a industrial size tub of KY cant fix.
It's not that scary. sure he gets a little demanding, and is into weird stuff. but theres nothing a industrial size tub of KY cant fix.
This intrigues me. Any pics you two want to share? :wink: To the OP: Honesty, honesty, honesty. I know you guys think it's easier to lie but girls (for the most part) really appreciate honesty.If the second date goes well and you make plans for a third just casually mention that you really like her and that you wish the timing of this were different. Tell her you're moving and that sucks but that you'd like to continue to see her if that is okay with her.Good luck.
Seriously, tell her on the second date but make sure she is into a third date first. That way you don't come off like a stalker on the second date talking about long term. Just be honest.
Wow... that's actually really good advice. :shock: :shock:
This intrigues me. Any pics you two want to share? :wink: To the OP: Honesty, honesty, honesty. I know you guys think it's easier to lie but girls (for the most part) really appreciate honesty.If the second date goes well and you make plans for a third just casually mention that you really like her and that you wish the timing of this were different. Tell her you're moving and that sucks but that you'd like to continue to see her if that is okay with her.Good luck.
Don't be afraid to write the exact thing I wrote. Yes we have pics. We trade with all fag hags who give us female "attention" together.
1. The Dogg approach - Tell her after you've gotten laid because if you stop seeing each other afterwards - well hey, you got the booty.
2nd. :shock:
I knew you voted for the after you leave town option!
Don't be afraid to write the exact thing I wrote. Yes we have pics. We trade with all fag hags who give us female "attention" together.
I didn't write the exact same thing, I elaborated on your good idea. Notice I actually added a few key phrases like "wish the timing were different" and "like to continue to see her". Subtle differences. But if you're looking for recognition, good idea Ron.Nevermind. I should have just said second. I'm giddy from lack of sleep. Move along. Nothing to see here.

That's a rough situation. Here'w my 2 cents:Tell her on the next date. If you go out again and it seems pretty obvious that both of you aren into each other then you simply have to be up front and honest about it. And if you guys stay together, who knows? Maybe years down the line, on your 50th wedding anniversary, you can tell her that your whole relationship is based on an internet poll on a poker forum!Chicks dig internet polls.

I totally agree with the other female perspectives (yes Ronnie hunny, that includes you) given in this thread. You must be honest with this girl....to do otherwise would be very unfair to her. The poll speaks for itself!