dna's nl strategy - proven time and time again

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh, this is getting tired. would somebody please explain to me why a lower variance game with a higher win rate proportional to the standard stack size is worse?limit holdem and no limit holdem are both good games. ridiculing one is just admitting a lack of knowledge of, and skill in, that game.

Wow. I just tried it, except I broadened it to include limit. It worked amazingly!! I didn't lose one cent. And I managed to beat Mega Man X again while I was DNAing it. I must recommend it. Its easily worth the 40 dollars for the ebook.

Simple.Dont play NLBe a real poker player and play limitThat is all."limit vs nl thread count +1"
Why small stakes NL is better than SS limit1. too many fish seeing the river for too cheap of a price, In NL, I make the fish pay their whole stack to see the river on their 7 high flush draw which = less likely hood will I be drawn out on2. My top pair 9 with ace kicker on flop will hold up much more often than in limit. In limit, your only hands that hold up to the river are flopping quads and straight flushes!3. I just down right don't have the patience to play limit, waiting for your above marginal and premium hands only to have them cracked by 3 8 sutied. true, over the long term these hands will win their share, but the bad beats in limit are ludacris.I don't know if the same holds true for you other limit players, but I remember playing limit only to avoid losing a lot of money on any given hand. Later I realized though, although you can lose your whole stack going into the river as a 95% favorite, you will win more than your share of times going in as a big favorite taking down bigger pots than you normally would vs LIMIT. Which in turn = more money in my pockets. JMHOAloha
Why small stakes NL is better than  SS limit1.  too many fish seeing the river for too cheap of a price, In NL, I make the fish pay their whole stack to see the river on their 7 high flush draw which = less likely hood will I be drawn out on2.  My top pair 9 with ace kicker on flop will hold up much more often than in limit.  In limit, your only hands that hold up to the river are flopping quads and straight flushes!3.  I just down right don't have the patience to play limit, waiting for your above marginal and premium hands only to have them cracked by 3 8 sutied.JMHOAloha
1) You fail to understand these 'fish' are the same people who will build your bankroll2) Stop playing A93) Patience is required in NL and limit, if you dont have patience you shouldnt play poker.

smash's method is what all new poker players should play.you'll see a crazy amount of hands.you'll see why K J wouldnt have held up.you'll see why calling with certain things makes no sense.and you might make a couple bucks while learning a lot more.then you can venture out and make your own mods, until its a style you really enjoy and excel at.

1)  You fail to understand these 'fish' are the same people who will build your bankroll2) Stop playing A93) Patience is required in NL and limit, if you dont have patience you shouldnt play poker.
1. I understand these fish will build my bankroll much faster in NL vs limt. most of the time within one hand2. Can't stop playing A9, even A9s. As these hands have made me alot of money, just need to be careful and know when and how to play them. just saying, these hands are more profitable in NL vs. Limit. 3. I aggree, patience is required in all forms of poker. Who said I dont have any patience???Again, this is just why I like NL vs. LImit. IMO, limit is a game of math. NL is a game of feel and reading your opponnents and aggressive play. this is just how I playI have nothing against limit or limit players, I respect all games of poker and poker players. As long as your beating the game, props to you and do what you have to get yours.Aloha

I don't know if the same holds true for you other limit players, but I remember playing limit only to avoid losing a lot of money on any given hand. Later I realized though, although you can lose your whole stack going into the river as a 95% favorite, you will win more than your share of times going in as a big favorite taking down bigger pots than you normally would vs LIMIT. Which in turn = more money in my pockets. That's only because you suck at limit.NL being the vastly easier game to beat for a profit and limit being the game where you can make the most profit/bankroll, bad players will find NL much more attractive, because it's easy.Good players will play limit because it's where the money is if you play well.Good luck.

That's only because you suck at limit.not entirely trueNL being the vastly easier game to beat for a profit and limit being the game where you can make the most profit/bankroll, bad players will find NL much more attractive, because it's easy.Good players will play limit because it's where the money is if you play well.Guess I have to aggree with smash on this one. :x I'll admit that limit requires a lot more skill and understanding in every aspect of texas hold'em (discipline, reading, math, solid play) to be able to win. Which is probably why I have been avoiding playing limit, It's a lot more competitive than the regualer NL shorthanded game I usually play. my thinking goes "Why play a game this competitive when I can play a game that consists of 80% dead money to make twice the money in half the time. While at the same time build up my bankroll and learn the ins and outs of the game."Maybe when I am comftorable with the $$$ I've won through NL and have a more indepth understanding of the game, I'll try to play limit and see where I stand as an overall poker player.... until then... I guess tack on another win for limit :oops:

I don't know if the same holds true for you other limit players, but I remember playing limit only to avoid losing a lot of money on any given hand. Later I realized though, although you can lose your whole stack going into the river as a 95% favorite, you will win more than your share of times going in as a big favorite taking down bigger pots than you normally would vs LIMIT. Which in turn = more money in my pockets.  That's only because you suck at limit.NL being the vastly easier game to beat for a profit and limit being the game where you can make the most profit/bankroll, bad players will find NL much more attractive, because it's easy.Good players will play limit because it's where the money is if you play well.Good luck.
Real good players play pot limit.
Simple.Dont play NLBe a real poker player and play limitThat is all."limit vs nl thread count +1"
Why small stakes NL is better than SS limit1. too many fish seeing the river for too cheap of a price, In NL, I make the fish pay their whole stack to see the river on their 7 high flush draw which = less likely hood will I be drawn out on2. My top pair 9 with ace kicker on flop will hold up much more often than in limit. In limit, your only hands that hold up to the river are flopping quads and straight flushes!3. I just down right don't have the patience to play limit, waiting for your above marginal and premium hands only to have them cracked by 3 8 sutied. true, over the long term these hands will win their share, but the bad beats in limit are ludacris.I don't know if the same holds true for you other limit players, but I remember playing limit only to avoid losing a lot of money on any given hand. Later I realized though, although you can lose your whole stack going into the river as a 95% favorite, you will win more than your share of times going in as a big favorite taking down bigger pots than you normally would vs LIMIT. Which in turn = more money in my pockets. JMHOAloha
jesus, this is the dumbest crap i've heard all year long.

No it's not, it's the same thing over and over, in a slightly newer package. "I can't protect my hand, and bluffs don't work! Wah!"Read the strategy section cover to cover, then reevaluate. And be honest with yourself.

Come on man I see u jumping on the NL tables now and again. So to say be a real player and play limit is just bullshit. Be a real gambler and play no limit.That is all.

I'm sure everyone is wondering "What does Actuary think on this Limit vs No-Limit debate...." uh..maybe not.But I wanted to contribute something. Being at infant stages in both, one thing is clear: Low buy in tournies are the easiest money and most profitable while you still don't play too well....oh..ok..really NL vs Limit...Big distinction and genesis of all the "donkeys always draw / can't protect my hand" complaints is that in Limit it is much harder to figure out why you are a losing player. You think it's because your Aces don't hold up more than 40% of the time, when really it's because you call 2-cold on the turn with middle pair and a flush draw on a paired board and 5 BB in the pot, over and over again. Or you don't maximize the value of your flopped set. Wheras with NL, it's pretty clear if you lost your stack on a Q-high flush, or got sucked out on. Limit is incremental and more difficault to uncover where you either went wrong or just got unlucky.This could be way off, so you strong NL players feel free to flame, it's just my experience, trying to figure out why the profits are so slow to come for me in Limit.