i just laid down kk pre-flop. was i right?

I'm in a $20+2 SnG on UltimateBet. This is my usual game so I'm pretty comfortable with the competition. On good days I move up to the $30s and $50s and on bad days back down to the $10s.I'll post the hand in second but basically I raised pretty nicely with KK and was limp-raised from the guy UTG pretty nicely as well. Thought for quite a while but that just seemed like an AA move. I'll tell you though, it wasn't easy. I think it is actually the first time I've laid down KK pre-flop in a little over 3 years playing poker.Anyone think I made the wrong decision? To me, that play just screams AA. Hand #4093817-14 at Plattsville (No Limit Hold'em Sit and Go)Powered by UltimateBetStarted at 21/Jan/05 22:38:29 Fosterbrooks is at seat 0 with 1325. scherfmd is at seat 1 with 815. new kid is at seat 2 with 1030. Brunson 10-2 is at seat 3 with 750. harryhood1 is at seat 4 with 1320. j4f2 is at seat 5 with 995. getdatmunnie is at seat 6 with 985. faketree is at seat 7 with 1090. sync555 is at seat 8 with 585. littler is at seat 9 with 1105. The button is at seat 8. littler posts the small blind of 10. Fosterbrooks posts the big blind of 20. Fosterbrooks: -- -- scherfmd: -- -- new kid: -- -- Brunson 10-2: -- -- harryhood1: -- -- j4f2: -- -- getdatmunnie: -- -- faketree: Ks Kc sync555: -- -- littler: -- --Pre-flop: scherfmd calls. new kid folds. Brunson 10-2 folds. harryhood1 folds. j4f2 calls. getdatmunnie folds. faketree raises to 110. sync555 folds. littler folds. Fosterbrooks folds. scherfmd re-raises to 380. j4f2 folds. faketree folds, showing Ks Kc. scherfmd is returned 270 (uncalled). Hand #4093817-14 Summary: No rake is taken for this hand. scherfmd wins 270.

That type of limp reraise is suspicious. For the most part, it usually means AA or AK. I might've taken it down and seen the flop. Although, folding is not that bad with no real reads on the player. That's one of those times where I hope I have notes on the guy so I can know what he's capable of. He didn't reraise you that much, which makes me believe he wanted you to see the flop, so AA might be right. If it was AK, if I'm doing the limp reraise, I'm going to blast it so hard that you'll fold (so I hope). I don't think you played it wrong. Does the KK lay down have a happy ending (in your S & G)?

Umm, tough one there fake. I would say this, given it being a sit n go, and one that had just started not to long ago. I would say go with it. Many people make that move with mediocre hands or ak. I call for that reason and this one, you win the hand and move up to about 2500 or so and therefor are in great position to cash in the sng (and good start towards winning it.) I guess in a smaller buy in tourny I am less apt to lay down kings preflop because of the general level of play. IF you are wrong and bust out, then so be it and move onto the next sng.

He could have also had a smaller pocket pair. People UTG are usually afraid of raising a hand like 77-10 10and just limp in. If they can hit a set on the flop, ok, and if they can get isolated with one person they might think they are ahead and try to make a move right then. Of course people love to do this with AA though, so you might have been making the right play. I probably would have called and seen the flop because you had position on him. You're either way ahead or way behind and maybe you can spike a K on the flop. Tough spot especially since its so early. I wouldn't recommend folding and showing KK preflop though cause then people will walk all over you.

I personally think it was a bad lay down. My opinion is....(Just based on my Pstars SnG experience) that this guy actually might have had you on a steal. So he re-raised you all in. I'm thinking if he has AA hes just going to smooth call that flop and (if he is infront of you) *sorry too lazy to check* hes going to check into you hoping you'll bet big. Then he'd push you all in and have more then 270 more chips.I think you should have pushed him right back. If you lost well thats no good but it happens.Tough laydown. Good laydown because you did what you felt was the right move.

So he re-raised you all in.
He didn't raise him all in. It was just another mid raise, which is pretty fishy. Folding may not be the best play as we don't really know what the guy held, but there's nothing bad about it. He didn't know you kicked in Kings. Can't hurt yourself folding there. Go with your gut.

so early in the game, does it really hurt you to lay that down? I mean if you consistently play 30 dollar and 50 dollar sng you must be half decent or better. so now you are down to about 900 chips with the average still around 1000 i think, no sweat off your back. Did this player turn out to be decent himself that limp raised?? He might have hope to find someone moving in early in a game and then he could catch them preflop and pot committed.If you put the guy on aces then you put him on aces and live to play another hand. I would rather go ahead and lay them down at that moment than commit another 25 percent of my stack to see the flop. Then what happens, if you don't spike your king, I guarantee that he might check again representing weakness. well no matter what he does where do you go, how much do you raise to make him fold but not cripple yourself so early?You worked hard for the 30 dollars you put up for that tourney, don't just throw it in the pot. Trust your first instinct, it usually is the right one.Not to continue ranting, but.... Say the guy does not have aces rather smaller pocket pair or just a lesser hand. I guarantee he will make a mistake later in the game and you can capitalize, like someone once said, i give people respect at teh poker table until they prove me wrong!

So I wound up being heads up with this guy at the end with about a 2 to 1 chip lead over him. His play for the duration of the SnG was very straightforward tight aggressive. He bet big when he had it and was out quickly when he didn't.I think it was a good laydown as I wound up winning in the end anyways. It was too early to get involved like that when I was pretty sure I had a two outer.

I'm going to say it's a good laydown, because limp raising is textbook UTG with aces and kings. At best, he had kings. Great laydown for you, I don't know that I'm good enough yet to be able to lay that one down.

I would never lay down kk preflop in a SG tourney. Especially in a $20 banger. At this level it is always profitable, positive EV, to move in with KK everytime preflop. Youll be alot better off if u just roll with ur cowboys preflop and go ahead and reraise all in preflop. Sometimes u will run into aces, but there are too many other hands that he could have to make this a correct laydown.

Bad fold. You're playing online. So that only thing that beats you is AA, and you're only going to lay down KK when you have a VERY VERY strong read on someone. Suspicious betting patterns are good indications but not good enough. So if he happens to have AA, hey that's rough. But, you have to realize you're going to have him beat almost everytime.