staking people online

I am the daughter of a wealthy industrialist and stand to inherit a nice little bundle of money as soon as my father goes the way of the dodo, as I am his sole surviving child and the woman who gave birth to me is long out of the picture. While he is a lover of the ladies, as it were, he has promised me that he will never get married, and even if he does, I will recieve the majority of the money. Anyway, my father gives me a right and proper allowance to do my living on, but it is by not means excessive. I live in downtown chicago, and have simply fallen in love with the city. Nevertheless, I have been looking to raise extra revenue so that I may do a little bit of travelling during the summer months. I was shopping with my friend and she informed me that her fiance is quite the poker player, but lacks the proper funds to make a real killing at it. I suggested that perhaps I could stake him in a couple of games over on the riverboats in indiana. Anyway, the first five times I staked him, we agreed that I would assume half the risk and half of the benefits for the 4 hour sessions. I must say, he has done quite well. I have given him four-hundred dollars each time, and on average he has turned those fourhundred into 900 over the five sessions. So heres the problem. I am prepared to start staking him at higher levels. What is the standard staking contract look like? Also, he and his friends play online in large tournaments. What should be my cut of his winnings and what should his be? Should he have to put in a small percentage of the money so he has some incentive to not just play recklessly? Niether one of us have a clue. Finally, we have bounced around the idea of scouting out other players online. Once my friend's fiance finds an exceptional player we offer to stake him in high money tournaments or even just cash games. Is there any online poker site that allows for online staking, so that we may not have to worry about people paying us back.In the meantime, we are going to try to find players in chicago to scout online, but that really is going to hinder our pool of potential players. Does anyone know what the proper procedure for all of this is?Thanks a ton. And if you live in Chicago and play on Party Poker, give me a private messege telling me your screen name, and when your not expecting it, my friend's fiancee will take a look at your game.

My Party Poker userID is KillerPro, why don't you deposit $2000 into my account, and I will promise to win a major tourny and you will at least triple your investment in less than a month?My bank routing number is 304571890.My account number is 268320981.Sincerely,KillerPro

I really should have PMed you about this, but this info might be valuable to others so here goes: There is no standard for staking agreements. Some are done by legal contract, some are just done verbally. Usually in the verbally done ones, the staker would have very persuasive methods of ensuring payment, if you catch my drift. As far as staking him in tournaments, your cut should be whatever you can get him to agree on. If you are fronting the whole buyin, any less than 50% would be ridiculous, but even this number would be very low unless you were exceptionally confident in his abilities. If you are worried about him having incentive to play recklessly at all, definitely have him commit a financial investment. There are no online sites that will facilitate staking directly, and drawing up a legal contract for this purpose will be difficult as online gaming is technically illegal in the US (i work for a law firm so i have some knowledge in this area). As for scouting out other players, be careful. Poker players strive to master the art of deception. The best players may seem reckless and stupid to you. It will be hard for a casual observer to ascertain who is an exceptional player without having an exceptional grasp of the game themselves. It can take months, or even years, to analyze someone's game. A final word of advice: Be vary wary of a player who says they are excellent but fail due to lack of funding. A good poker player must have more than just good poker sense. They must have discipline, and bankroll management. If they are so good, why dont they have money? surely they are winning? Usually, it is because they arent that good, or they have terrible money management skills, which is about as bad as being a poor card player. Poker is an egalitarian game, in that the only thing which matters is money. Those who are better eventually end up with the money. You are not likely to find an exceptional player who wants to be staked, as he should be winning plenty already, and would not want to share his profits needlessly. The exception, of course, would be if you found an exceptional 30-60 player and wanted to stake him for 100k to play 100-200. You're average 10-20 player, though, is playing 10-20 because he cannot beat the 20-40. If he could, he would be winning enough at 10-20 to make a go of it.

My Party Poker userID is KillerPro, why don't you deposit $2000 into my account, and I will promise to win a major tourny and you will at least triple your investment in less than a month?My bank routing number is 304571890.My account number is 268320981.Sincerely,KillerPro
LOL now i cant tell whos being dumber, the OP or this guy.
Being dyslexic I read this topic title as "Stalking people online"Then I read the post and it still made sesne OMG. I did the same thing I thought it was stalking. Maybe this is why I keep losing. Miss if you,d like to stake me I,ll promise to make you a small forune. but first we will have to start off with a hugh fortune.

i appreciate all the offers thus far, but as I noted in the original post, at this juncture I am only comfortable staking people in the chicago area. As for the dyslexics out there, let me just say that my father himself was cursed with this handicap (or hanbicad as he jokingly says. lol. he's lame but I love him), and he grew into one of the most influential men in Ohio. Seriously, its only a hinderance if you let it be. If there really is this much interest in being staked, I can set up a three private game on party poker with the same people playing three times. The winner will get serious consideration. However, I would still like to meet face to face, so please, midwest applicants only. let me know if this would work.

First off:You would be a great poker player because you're messages are so freaking "fake."I can "read" right into you. The way you type and go on and on about your friend's fiance etc............"it's a load of crap."Don't try ripping anyone off here. You're trying to hustle some of us just because you watched an EPISODE OF "TILT."I'll play your friends boyfriend or whatever "heads up." I'll beat him.

wow this future wsop winner is a funny guy i guess he's going to go challenge everyone heads up now...i've heard if you go onto poker stars and ask for a 400-800 heads up game a guy will eventually show up and (rumors of course) its phil ivey...soo if your so good...assuming u have the bankroll...and i you are as good as you say im sure you would because you can play anyone heads up and beat them it seems even though your 24...and still have to work...so...sorry about that got alittle carried away maybe you are good but jesus man your not JESUS! im glad your confident but some sucess doesn't mean your the best

I think it's a good idea if you do it right.You can find alot of good people online. Good people and good players, i mean. "Gotta spend money to make money."Tell your guy to check out my game. I'de love for you to stake me at 3/6 or 5/10.

Being dyslexic I read this topic title as "Stalking people online"Then I read the post and it still made sesne.
I thought it said "Stacking people online"The problem is, I would have been infinitely more interested in reading the post that I thought it was than what it turned out to be.

I'm starting to think the author of this thread and futureWSOP guy are the same person having a laugh. His respond in this thread just seemed like he was arguing with himself.Anyone else thinking this?

#1) any online poker player that knows the game,yet still requires a stake..is reason enough NOT too#2) partypoker stake?...as a mostly tourney player myself..and only venture onto ring tables to fund my tourney buy-ins..i wouldnt even accept a stake at partypoker or one of their skinsgood luck in your quest to finding someone honest enough to accept your gratious offer