and a new poker star is born!!

One of the best moments was when my 2 yr old son came up to me, pointed at my laptop, and said "Poker" for the first time...Now all he says is "All-in"....I just can't play his uber-aggressive style...
You related to Hoyt Corkins by any chance? :wink: Or your wife meet him about 3 years ago?
One of the best moments was when my 2 yr old son came up to me, pointed at my laptop, and said "Poker" for the first time...Now all he says is "All-in"....I just can't play his uber-aggressive style...
You related to Hoyt Corkins by any chance? :wink: Or your wife meet him about 3 years ago?
hmmmm...she did attend a "wedding" I couldn't make around that time...lolNext time I get a 78o I'll look to get his reaction...if he says all in she has some explaining to do.
hmmmm...she did attend a "wedding" I couldn't make around that time...lolNext time I get a 78o I'll look to get his reaction...if he says all in she has some explaining to do.
lol It's always them "weddings" that you conveniently can't make it to, isn't it? Still, all the best to you and your family. :-)

thx for all the kind words...im 30 and sooo not ready lol...i feel bad for somebody that has to rely on me for guidance lol...something tells me in gonna be from the homer simpson school of parenting lol...

thx for all the kind words...im 30 and sooo not ready lol...i feel bad for somebody that has to rely on me for guidance lol...something tells me in gonna be from the homer simpson school of parenting lol...
Dude its seriously totally different when it happens. I play a 12 year old flaming idiot on this poker forum, but when it comes to being a parent its like a light switch that turns on you didnt know you had. You will be awesome at it.
Name me one man who WAS totally ready when it happened, and I'll show you the child's mother :club: (if that made any sense) No man is truly ready for it. You learn as you go, and you'll do great. (This is the pep talk I have to give myself every time my wife brings up the subject of her ovulation)

hahah...i hope so, my wife is the "stable " one lol...im like the character from ron burgundy, " i love lamp, i love carpet..." i pooped a cornish game hen"...you get the idea lol...seriously tho, i cant wait and look forward to being the kind of dad i always wanted...<wow, how movie of the week was that> starring christy mcnichol my absentee dad....sorry ill stop now... :roll:

Wow congrats on the new baby boy! Man you guys/gals are making me feel ancient talking about infants and toddlers! Our daughter will be 15 this month and our son is 9!! Enjoy this time, because you will be excited to hear them talk then you can't get them to shut up!My kids both play Hold Em' with me at home, and my son is the best constantly going Dad your going all in with that?Congratulations again, parenthood really is the best, kids are great!

Congrats. There's nothing like being a parent. Good times as well as bad. My son is 18, heading off for college and my daughter is 16. I can beat my son every time, but my daughter, well.......Anyway, you have many years of good times ahead!