You put yourself in a terrible situation that you never should have got yourself into, You check raised a very marginal amount out of position, you put yourself in a tough spot when you should have just given up on the hand with no pair and no DRAW, You should never make plays like this out of position with no draw or no pair espicially for sucha small amount.You dont have any clue where hes at right, he could have qj, which means your drawing to a ace, or he could have any Ax the X being paired with the board, given he called a raise preflop maybe he has a hand like aj or even ak(not all players play this aggressively), you just have no way of knowing how to play the river out of position, You know hes not a complete dog not to hit his draw even if he does have one, if a club hits do you then revert to him missing a str8 draw or if the str8 draw do you then say he has a club draw? what if you check and then he bets what do you do now call, espicially if one of the many draws hit??? There was no point in making this play give up on the turn and wait for a better spot.
i do have a clue at where he's at. All indications show he's on a draw.the river isn't the important part of the hand. the turn is.by the way, just because you're being put in a difficult position, doesn't mean you should just give up the hand. Sure, it's an uncomfortable spot, but you have to make these plays because they are +EV.the times he does hit his draw doesn't really matter...because you're picking up the pot every time he doesn't.
You put yourself in a terrible situation that you never should have got yourself into, You check raised a very marginal amount out of position, you put yourself in a tough spot when you should have just given up on the hand with no pair and no DRAW, You should never make plays like this out of position with no draw or no pair espicially for sucha small amount.You dont have any clue where hes at right, he could have qj, which means your drawing to a ace, or he could have any Ax the X being paired with the board, given he called a raise preflop maybe he has a hand like aj or even ak(not all players play this aggressively), you just have no way of knowing how to play the river out of position, You know hes not a complete dog not to hit his draw even if he does have one, if a club hits do you then revert to him missing a str8 draw or if the str8 draw do you then say he has a club draw? what if you check and then he bets what do you do now call, espicially if one of the many draws hit??? There was no point in making this play give up on the turn and wait for a better spot.
i do have a clue at where he's at. All indications show he's on a draw.the river isn't the important part of the hand. the turn is.by the way, just because you're being put in a difficult position, doesn't mean you should just give up the hand. Sure, it's an uncomfortable spot, but you have to make these plays because they are +EV.the times he does hit his draw doesn't really matter...because you're picking up the pot every time he doesn't.
i assume what you're going to tell us is that you scooped this monster $40 pot with an ace high after raising everyone else out and isolating a guy with a lower missed draw. if so, congrats, but why all the self-masturbation and mystery?

Either your AQ high took it down, or you lost to a club flush draw with a K in it.Wouldn't those be the only two ways where, going along w/ the other action, betting on the river "accomplishes nothing" ?Bingo?Bango?Bongo?

You won a pot with ace high after completely butchering the hand against this seemingly "good," player calling off infinite amounts of money with a draw. Your medal is in the mail, in a bigger size so it can fit around your head, donkey.

We all have deep stacks as people kept buying in. All players involve have about $40-$50 in front of them------------------------------------------------------------------------Discuss
Deep Stacks....? how bad are these people that they keep "buying in" at such a low limit? It's NL blah blah.... If you see anyone "keep buying in" at this limit then they're fish and you're golden - then after 1 week of this you should be moving up to 1-2 at least!
http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...p=309009#309009good discussion guys.go to strategy more.
Agreed. I'm a General Forum monkey too, but spend a lot of time reading Strategy posts. I'm just starting to get into joining in on the conversations, and will soon post some hands. I recommend you all check it out, see how the threads usually go, and then join in.

i did post it in strategy first. i wanted to bring something to general that was actually worthwhile.dabum...it doesn't matter if i took the pot or not this specific time, the point is that it's a money maker in the long run.

I would guess that MP3 had something like 78 and an open-ended straight draw after the flop. The turn bets were too much for him though, so he bailed. I would put the CO on two clubs, probably one of them being an Ace. He incorrectly called your raise on the turn and didn't hit his flush on the river, which is why he checked it down. You may have won this pot with your higher kicker.
You think he would call a $1.50 preflop raise w/ 7 8?
Yes I do, especially if it was sooooted and because he had position on the raiser. Mind you, I'm not saying *I* would do this, but that's my best guess as to what kind of hand he held which produced the actions he took (calling a raise pre-flop, calling a bet on the flop, folding to bet/raise on the turn).
i did post it in strategy first.  i wanted to bring something to general that was actually worthwhile.dabum...it doesn't matter if i took the pot or not this specific time, the point is that it's a money maker in the long run.
I know it doesn't matter...but cmon your a tiger you understand what is to be curious, like a cat. That's why they call me whiskers
aka he lost a 40$ pot trying to outplay fish.
Why are you giving him shit? He posted this hand to try and help everyone learn something. It was an interesting hand, regardless of outcome. Good players should understand that.
i scooped it.  CO was on a flush draw.
Thank you. I was checking this post all day to find out. Very good hand and very good post. Look forward to more.Peace

i havnt read aynthing..just posting.i'm assuming duder had something like 78 for open ended str8 draw, or any other draw...i dont understand the point of this post though?cuz i know u wouldn't be posting if he had like Jx and checked down to your aggression when you failed to lead the river King.- Jordan

the times he does hit his draw doesn't really matter...because you're picking up the pot every time he doesn't.
But generally you're only picking up the pot every time if you bet it. *shrugs*.Regardless of the possible +EV nature of the turn play, I don't really like it in this specific instance. Doesn't mean that I don't understand what you were doing mind you.

I hate this play, for the following reasons, why check raise on the turn if he is on a draw hes probably going to call the small raise, some players on draws might just push here (some people overplay there draws) then what do you do? If you are pretty sure hes on a draw why not just call? Check raising puts you to a difficult decision on a out of position river where you dont know where he is really at. If you think hes on a draw though why not give him a chance to bluff at it on the river????? he might even throw out a 10-20 dollar bet on the river and if you put him on a draw then you are making even more money why take the aggression away from the bluffer, Unless you are willing to make a raise that will give him incorrect odds to chase his flush draw then dont check raise check/call.