custom's first royal flush

As is custom (pun) here, I will post my first ever royal flush. To all of you strat posters, yes, I did have a read and extracted the most that I could have (except I should have raised before the flop).Party Poker 2/4 Limit Hold'em (10 handed)Hero is BB with [Ah] [Th]6 folds, CO calls, 1 fold, SB calls, Hero checksFlop (3 SB): 6h Jh QhSB bets, Hero calls, CO raises, SB folds, Hero callsTurn (4 BB): KhHero checks, CO bets, Hero raises, CO calls.River ( 8BB): 5dHero bets, CO folds

I just saw in your blog you went to Canturbarry. Thats cool I go there at least once a week. Friday's and Saturdays are the worst time soooo many people and the lines to get into a table are like 4 hours. Any way give me a tell the next time you go there.

Wtf was he calling you with?-fop
One pair, most likely. I had a hand with him earlier where he was UTG. I bet preflop, flop, and turn. He called each time. I checked behind on the river with A-high. He showed 2-4 - for a pair of 2's.

I have hit two royals... On the first one I think I won three bucks. For some reason I always assumed if I ever hit the royal that my opponent would automatically have a strong hand too and I would win ton of money. WRONG.. Four spades were on the board and this donkey called me down with a pair of nines with no spade.. I was amazed. With A, Q, J, all on the board he still called the $2 bet. I flopped the royal and checked it twice before deciding that I was not gonna check a royal flush all the way out. The second time I was in a SNG and my victim caught a flush and was pushing chips left and right. He went broke. Congrats on yours, Custom. I didnt mean to hijack youre thread...

That at UB 2/4 could've got 40% of the high hand jackpot. Just a note to people who haven't played at ub in awhile they have high hand jackpots even for microlimit/play money it just varies the % of the jackpot you can claim and the size.

The reason you didn't really flip out when you hit the royal was because you already flopped the nut flush; the royal was just 'bonus'. You were probably thinking "well, now I have nothing at all to worry about in this hand other than to win some extra bets". I had my first and only Royal flush playing live 1-2 nl 100 min 500 max buy in. We were playing short handed at the time (4-handed). I was sb with A-j of clubs. I checked in the Sb, and the BB checked.The flop came K clubs, 10 clubs, 6 blank-- we both check --Turn = blank-- the bb makes a 6$ bet here. I thought it was a sort of feeler bet at the time. I just called.River was the Q clubs!I had to double check my hand to make sure I indeed had the Royal Flush. Affirmitive. Now it was time for me to find out just how strong of a hand the BB was holding. I made a bet of 45 $... much larger than the 16 in the pot. The BB hesitated for a second, then promptly reraised me all in! I said, "well, lets check to see if I hit my Royal flush.." I then flipped each card over one at a time. Turns out he had pocket Kings.

woulda played it the same except raised preflop like you said, mayyyybe 3-bet the flop, but you said you had a read, and the turn 4-flush prolly killed any money u woulda made on the hand anyways... not 3-betting the flop got you an extra BB or 2 here...congrats on the royal! still waitin on mine...