arguing: a request

Seeing so many people like to argue on this board, let's set a couple of ground rules that should help eliminate most of the needless posts.1. Provide facts, don't argue your opinions or your morals (this should limit about 90% of the argument threads started)2. Provide data to back up your claims (if you say "so and so does xyz" then provide a link or data that supports your claim) Oh no! Now we're down to 2% of the arguing posts (sw)3. If you make a suggestion, please make sure you show us with factual data why you are making the suggestion and how it will change the existing structure of the topics current state. Note: Saying "I think is fine, when someone disagrees, don't defend by saying "I'm right, ou're wrong" just agree you don't have data to support either way and accept the opinion of each party)4. When confronted with a differing set of data or claim, don't just flame away, defend your position logically and reasonably5. Think your arguments through before you post (I know most of you like to fly off than handle and type whatever conjecture you heard on the "news")6. Be open to differing points of view and when you have been defeated in an argument; concede - it makes you look much better than saying things like (yeah a disseration would clear this right up) While a dumb statement in itself, the answer "yes, it would prove or disprove your theory / belief - if you want to be right then you'll have to do some work)There are tons of other items that would be included in putting together solid arguments, but seeing this is a message board mostly full of underage players and self rightoues know it alls, this should help quite a bit.GL all and let's get FCP back to being a POKER forum and discuss poker hands and theories, strategies and so on, let's NOT bash fellow members, flame new people or jump all over those we disagree with. I know I have made some rude if not illogical comments on here before to. I just think its time to go back to the way it used to be, cooperative and fun and educational for the most part. Humor or odd gossip is not opposed, just take it for what it is and leave it at that.

Why bother? You know nobody is going to follow these rules.GL all and let's get FCP back to being a POKER forum and discuss poker hands and theories, strategies and so on, let's NOT bash fellow members, flame new people or jump all over those we disagree with.It's called the Strategy section of the forum.

What other type of posts would a guy name Socrate's put up, lolvery true...informational and well thought out posts are very enjoyable to read and learn from..but it will be hard to enforce.. it is a great plea though and I support you on your quest to better the forum.Also... lil pet peeve,, when people quote an entire (long) post, and then follow it with a one liner or something (unless they are just that funny)Anyways, nice timely post

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOThis is something me and my friends have started doing and it is absolutely hilarious! Imagine you are at a bar with your buddy and a guy starts hitting on your girlfriend while shes away at the bar. One of your buddies notices and you all turn to him and start BOOOOING him loud as hell with thumbs down. Everyone in the bar turns to see what is going on and all of a sudden this jerk off is closing his tab and leaving. No fights, just sheer embarassment. It works, and its absolutely priceless to see someones face in public being booed. :club:

I know it probably won't get followed. It was just a request. Not a directive. Take it as you will. That's the great thing, you have the choice to abide by it or not, I'm not one to tell you what is right or wrong.

but seeing this is a message board mostly full of underage players and self rightoues know it alls
a...which of those types will either read, understand, or follow your long winded post b...who made you king of the castle to make up any rules for anything...almost seems damn right " self rightoues" :roll: c...it is an internet chat board...free speech baby ! I will express myself and argue in whatever way I want.and finally:d.... you really need to get out in the sun more if you have time to write that much crap about a hypothetical arguement.Have a nice day !
I know it probably won't get followed. It was just a request. Not a directive. Take it as you will. That's the great thing, you have the choice to abide by it or not, I'm not one to tell you what is right or wrong.
Man, you are like Socrates.Good thread.
Seeing so many people like to argue on this board, let's set a couple of ground rules that should help eliminate most of the needless posts.1. Provide facts, don't argue your opinions or your morals (this should limit about 90% of the argument threads started)2. Provide data to back up your claims (if you say "so and so does xyz" then provide a link or data that supports your claim) Oh no! Now we're down to 2% of the arguing posts (sw)3. If you make a suggestion, please make sure you show us with factual data why you are making the suggestion and how it will change the existing structure of the topics current state. Note: Saying "I think is fine, when someone disagrees, don't defend by saying "I'm right, ou're wrong" just agree you don't have data to support either way and accept the opinion of each party)4. When confronted with a differing set of data or claim, don't just flame away, defend your position logically and reasonably5. Think your arguments through before you post (I know most of you like to fly off than handle and type whatever conjecture you heard on the "news")6. Be open to differing points of view and when you have been defeated in an argument; concede - it makes you look much better than saying things like (yeah a disseration would clear this right up) While a dumb statement in itself, the answer "yes, it would prove or disprove your theory / belief - if you want to be right then you'll have to do some work)There are tons of other items that would be included in putting together solid arguments, but seeing this is a message board mostly full of underage players and self rightoues know it alls, this should help quite a bit.GL all and let's get FCP back to being a POKER forum and discuss poker hands and theories, strategies and so on, let's NOT bash fellow members, flame new people or jump all over those we disagree with. I know I have made some rude if not illogical comments on here before to. I just think its time to go back to the way it used to be, cooperative and fun and educational for the most part. Humor or odd gossip is not opposed, just take it for what it is and leave it at that.
Sorry, but you just wasted alot of time.
but seeing this is a message board mostly full of underage players and self rightoues know it alls
a...which of those types will either read, understand, or follow your long winded post b...who made you king of the castle to make up any rules for anything...almost seems damn right " self rightoues" :roll: c...it is an internet chat board...free speech baby ! I will express myself and argue in whatever way I want.and finally:d.... you really need to get out in the sun more if you have time to write that much crap about a hypothetical arguement.Have a nice day !
I will just point to the post directly above this one. I am not the king of the castle. I think that's what makes me different than most on here. I'm not self rightoues or making up any rules, it was simply a request. I'm intrigued as to why one would take the time to criticize a post they felt was a waste of time to post in the first place.Edit: wanted to point out the fact that I'm usually on the lake and get too much sun here in TX considering I don't work anymore and spend 4 or 5 days in it. I'm not pasty I'm burned :club: I respect your post, I just wish you would have read mine first before flaming, especially the one directly above yours.
I'm intrigued as to why one would take the time to criticize a post they felt was a waste of time to post in the first place
My response took me 2 minutes to write while I am 2 tabeling on PP.I guess it was labeled a request...my bad. :oops: See ! Improvment already !! :club:
I'm intrigued as to why one would take the time to criticize a post they felt was a waste of time to post in the first place
My response took me 2 minutes to write while I am 2 tabeling on PP.I guess it was labeled a request...my bad. :oops: See ! Improvment already !! :club:
Well done. Made me laugh. Pay attention to playing, not posting!
what do you mean, don't argue your opinion. what the heck is an argument then. and sometimes morals do play a role in an argument.
From my original post:Note: Saying "I think is fine, when someone disagrees, don't defend by saying "I'm right, ou're wrong" just agree you don't have data to support either way and accept the opinion of each party)