When this guy finally loses, hopefully at the final table, how big will the explosion be? What if he loses to Raymer? ESPN must be praying for some good antics for ratings purposes. I cant wait!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN reporter: Mike, congrats on your hard fought victory at this year's WSOP.MM: Thanks bud, next year they better train their donkeys better if they want a shot against me.ESPN: Mike, didn't you just knock last year's WSOP champion Greg Raymer out in 3rd place when you hit your miracle two outer on the river after calling his all in with 22 on an AKQ flop? Then knocking off Tiger Woods, I mean Phil Ivey, when your AQ hit runner runner Q's against Phil's AK after an AK6 flop?MM: Greg and Phil are just a higher class of donkey, but still donkey's lest your forget.ESPN: So what plans do you have for the largest payout in tournament poker history? MM: Blow is on me!!!!!!!!!!!

The man can play some poker and deserves some respect
Actually, he is loud, obnoxious and rarely funny. His talk directed at raymer in the series was completely rude. Normally, I dont mind rudeness and sarcasm....but Matusow isnt witty/funny at all.The crying thing? Kinda pathetic. So lets see he is rude, he cries, he isnt funny when being rude, he has been in a lot of trouble with the law for drugs....been to jail.Hmmm, yeah he really deserves some respect. :roll:I do agree that he can play some cards. But that really isnt a reason to give someone respect.
Actually, he is loud, obnoxious and rarely funny. His talk directed at raymer in the series was completely rude. Normally, I dont mind rudeness and sarcasm....but Matusow isnt witty/funny at all.The crying thing? Kinda pathetic. So lets see he is rude, he cries, he isnt funny when being rude, he has been in a lot of trouble with the law for drugs....been to jail.Hmmm, yeah he really deserves some respect. :roll:I do agree that he can play some cards. But that really isnt a reason to give someone respect.
Well Said CaneBrain... I have to admit, though, I've never been a Matusow fan, but his antics are entertaining. I also don't think he's any better at poker than the supposed "donkeys" he rips. He sucked out many times thus far in the main event, and even he knows he is lucky to have made it this far.Regardless, I like a little bit of personality in poker players. I'd ten times rather watch Matusow than Harrington or Lederer. I know its your means of making a living, but lighten up a bit, ya stiffs.
Well Said CaneBrain... I have to admit, though, I've never been a Matusow fan, but his antics are entertaining. I also don't think he's any better at poker than the supposed "donkeys" he rips. He sucked out many times thus far in the main event, and even he knows he is lucky to have made it this far.Regardless, I like a little bit of personality in poker players. I'd ten times rather watch Matusow than Harrington or Lederer. I know its your means of making a living, but lighten up a bit, ya stiffs.
See thats just the thing...i dont find him funny...he never makes me laugh with his antics. If he did I would like him a whole lot more. I actually find Howard to be really funny in that dry humor sort of way (like during last year's TOC when he subtly rips Hellmuth about playing too tight).I mean I wouldnt mind if Matusow won more power to him. But on the list of "respectable" individuals....well he isnt at the top of my list thats all
Junkie or no Junkie............The guy can play poker and has more credibility than any of you donkeys :evil:
Sure he has more credibility as a poker player.As a human being....not so much.
this is poker....a field dominated by coke heads and shady people....gl mike...
All right fair point....to be honest I would love to see a Matusow, Ivey, Raymer showdown at the end...

I really am supporting Mike because he has paid the prices on his actions. All I can say is the guy is himself. Took me awhile to figure that out. Anyone here consider if Mike finishes strong it may help him be more positive.....The guy just needs some positive things to hapen to him.IMHOIvey is my man to win though if you been a member here awhile you would know that. :wink: