all posts are subject to my approval

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything smash said was for the better. He was helping everyone improve their game. It's not like he was making fun of anyone...only trying to help. And some people don't listen *cough* so you have to be blunt with them.Learn to take criticism, if you don't you will never get better. And learn to get a sinse of humor for crying out loud. And don't go tattle tell everytime something doesn't go your way. I'de say I was dissapointed, but dissapointed isn't the word.I can't believe you posted that....
wrto, here's a sample of some of the passagesby Smash on your thread. These are not opinions.They are just nasty, hurtful remarks. Later Iwill post some passages from JFarrell'sthread.These remarks were not all directed at me. Smashabuses anyone who disagrees with them.KQ...it's not that good of a hand...is it?
You either have never actually played in a tournament, or are so stunningly bad at it that you're trying to find some excuse for your poor performance. You either have nevevr actually played in a tournament, or are so stunningly bad at it that you're trying to find some excuse for your poor performance. Ludicrous.I can't possibly express how anal retentive and patheticit is that you included (sic) in a quite of someone's post. You'd lose a lot of money then because calling here is almostautomatic to good players. It's irnoic that you're rock dumb enough to think that was directed at me.

trust me, as someone new to the game, with LOTS to learn, i was doing my best to absorb the lessons smash was teaching in he 50-1000 experiment...Not a word of a lie, but applying a few of the things he talked about on here already improved my game significantly.I hope he reconsiders.

wrto, how is Smash assisting anyone's pokerskills with these remarks?I'm only asking for Smash to clean up his act.From JFarrell's thread your thoughts on my read

You know it's one thing to suck at poker. It's another thing to suck at writing.When you attempt to respond to me youjust end up looking like an idiot. Really. It's embarassing for both of us atthis point when you try to make this somesort of personal thing. It's like a midgetpunching me in the balls. The first time I kick the crap out of him people applaud. Ashe keeps punching me in the balls and beathim more and more and senseless it justbecomes grusome and pathetic. No, you're an idiot.........People say "your play sucked" largely when your play sucked.
trust me, as someone new to the game, with LOTS to learn, i was doing my best to absorb the lessons smash was teaching in he 50-1000 experiment...Not a word of a lie, but applying a few of the things he talked about on here already improved my game significantly.I hope he reconsiders.
If you really want to learn then don't chase around on forums for scrambled information. Buy a couple of books and play.

Sorry to see Smash go. I think you need to take an entire thread into context before pointing out one set of remarks, it was obviuos from your reposting of his that is was taken mid thread. With that said, yes this place needs to be cleaned up (mainly of the teenagers who provoke and turn the threads bad), but I have to agree that Smash was just being direct and some people don't like that. It seems that most people who come on here and ask "Did I do something stupid?" and Smash responds "yes you did" - he then gets villified for it. If you don't want the truth or criticism, don't ask for it. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I am very glad that Daniel has posted his feelings on this issue. I really believe that things have started getting nasty with some of the remarks made during recent posts. I strongly believe that comments like these hurt the overall forum because people ( especially newer players ) will be less likely to post on the forum do the the nature of some of the comments. Although Smash has made some comments I don't particularly think were appropriate at times, I really think that it is wrong to turn this forum into the "Hate Smash" fanclub. He definitely isn't the only one that has made these inappropriate comments. I really enjoy reading the postings as I am obviously a big fan of Daniel's and of this forum. I just wanna be able to go to a forum that has interesting posts ( not necessarily always with the same points of view ) and to learn a bit about poker in the meantime. I really think what an earlier poster said was true though - the key to being a better player is to PLAY Wanted to just post my feelings on this topicThanksBig Slick

wrto, how is Smash assisting anyone's pokerskills with these remarks?I'm only asking for Smash to clean up his act.No, you specifically are trying to have me banned because you disagree with me on strategy.I'm easy though. Persist and I'll just stop posting. Doesn't matter to me there are 1000 poker forums I can post one. Continue to harass me and I'm out of here. I'm not going to change the way I write because it bothers you. It's not going to happen.Are we clear? You have no power to do anything and no controll over this situation other than me leaving this forum at my own choice if you persist.For my part, I'm going to just ignore your existance going forward. If you want to follow me around and cut and paste any post that you disaprove of here, feel free. Do it enough and I'll just stop posting.If that's your goal, as you've stated it was:

It would be ironic if the most prolific poster were barred from this site.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com./poker-for...ee5fc9523393741
It's easy to achieve.On the other hand you could admit how stunningly petty you are being and just let it go and we can go our seperate ways and each contribute to the forum.It's up to you.

Save the fire for the tables guys.Ironic how this thread turned out in respect to the topic. admin should just lock this up and let you settle your differences by private messages (not that you will but this is getting ridicolous)., I hope Daniel doesn't waste his time reading this stuff.

wrto, how is Smash assisting anyone's pokerskills with these remarks?I'm only asking for Smash to clean up his act.

No, you specifically are trying to have me banned because you disagree with me on strategy.I'm easy though. Persist and I'll just stop posting. Doesn't matter to me there are 1000 poker forums I can post one. Continue to harass me and I'm out of here. I'm not going to change the way I write because it bothers you. It's not going to happen.Are we clear?
Who is harassing whom? Yes, I am objecting to your style. You are entitled to your opinion. Unfortunately you present your opinion as fact.It is disappointing that some beginners think that you are an authority on hold'em. You are not. They should buy and read a book.

Look jogs, smash and I disagree on something in this thread, and somehow it didn't escilate into nothing more but poker strategy discussion. How come? Is it because I didn't take his disagreement as a personal attack? Probably so....

Look jogs, smash and I disagree on something in this thread, and somehow it didn't escilate into nothing more but poker strategy discussion. How come? Is it because I didn't take his disagreement as a personal attack? Probably so....
WRTO....It actually pains me to say this, but out of all of the threads i have read that involved smash, he has never once let anyone question his oppinion on a topic without calling them an idiot. I think smash is a smart guy and by now means should be leaving the site over something this stupid, but come on, let some other people present and idea without calling it ludacris. I would be interested to find a post in which smash acted politely when disagreed with.Smash..You may feel that you shouldnt have to change the way write because people dont like it, but who now is being stuburn and selfish. i mean would it be that hard for you just to lighten up a bit and make your point in a more respectful way. Seriously, alot of people on here have said that they didnt like the way you had treated them when they disagreed with you. As much as alot of you talk about taking critisizm...alot of you give that critisizm out in a way that is does not seem like you are trying to help...but moreso make a point of how stupid a person is for presenting a difference of opinion. This is just my point of view on the situation. Smash you can leave if you want to but this thread would definitly benefit from you staying. I am not going to gravel at your feet for you to stay...but if you toned the remarks down to respectful but direct...i think the forum as a whole would be better.

I laugh at this entire subject,,,,first of all censorship of words is one thing, nobody HAS to swear. However Daniel, if you want to have a forum, let the people call each other stupid. Yeah, sometimes it's not nice but it's REAL!!!!!!Why does this world spend half their lives WHINING about how their feelings were hurt??? No wonder half the world mocks America. The country strong enough to create the greatest Nation on the planet is so SOFT!"Smash called me stupid,,,boo hoo" my god, if you spend the time to put your words out here, expect to get crticized. If you wrote a book, do you think the citics won't tell you if it sucks??Daniel, fellow poker players, give this forum the pesonality it deserves, censor the language, but let us be grown up enough to DEFEND OURSELVES.Do we really want to have a parental influence??? No offense Daniel,,,love ya, big fan, but I am suprised you don't have better things to do than babysit a bunch of people that are too weak to deal with a few idiots. Not to say some people couldn't be nicer, but I think smasharoo is just being honest & sometimes could choose better words, but hey we can't all be wordsmiths. I for one can ignore what I don't want to see or read, I turn the channel when tv offends me or when the radio sucks, I am CAPABLE enough to ignore the stupidness that makes the forum what it is, REAL.Don't censor reality, it's what makes us Human. :spadesk: :spadesa:

I'm glad I wasn't here when that mess was goin on. I like this site because it had a feeling of respect (until recently that is) for other people, and not crossing that line.But for future references for disagreements in strategy,style,etc.Bring it to the table! baddancing.gifFighters bring it to the ring, Basketball players bring it to the court, and Poker players bring it to the table.I would like to see Smasharoo play heads up with someone. Set a time, date, and what website, and I'll be watching!cheersmate.gif

Personally, I enjoy reading the controversy, gossip and bickering that goes on in forums. As long as its done without any foul language or inappropriate attacks. Without the bickering, it can get a little boring. I even enjoy some of the arrogance I read. We are not text books. We are a community. So lets all act like a community and have controversy and bickering.

Nice to see that things are going to start becoming a little more nicer. Thought i might have to play angel in another chat room fight. LOL There is one benifit to ending a fight on the computer,I cant get hit. LOL Always did like playing the peacemaker.

Allright guys.. over the last week I've recieved a lot of messages about people making rude comments and basically flaming all over on this forum... Lets remember what we're here for... To help each other and ourselves learn more about poker... We're a community and we need to quit belittling people.I'm back from my break now and I've seen way too much of this, it seems to have grown ten fold since I left...