never fear, dutch boyd is here

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He played his way in via a satellite. And unless you've had tourney results like him in the WSOP, you should probably stop throwing the word "insane" around. You don't have to like the guy, but he knows how to play.

He played his way in via a satellite. And unless you've had tourney results like him in the WSOP, you should probably stop throwing the word "insane" around. You don't have to like the guy, but he knows how to play.
yes you're right cause sometimes i throw around other harsh and insensitive words like "crazy, reckless, loco, stupid" and others that would get me a 10 minute suspension. my o my how i need to watch my mouth.
Guest Anonymous
by something do you mean ripping off honest hard working people and trying to steal their money?
ya, he looks like he' s really rollin in the dough. of course, he couldn't've made a really bad business decision, he must be a lowlife thief.
by something do you mean ripping off honest hard working people and trying to steal their money?
ya, he looks like he' s really rollin in the dough. of course, he couldn't've made a really bad business decision, he must be a lowlife thief.
so you're saying its not his fault? were you an exec at enron or somethin?
You're one of the few gen. pop. posters I like because of your defense of Dutch. Thank you.I agree with everything you said, btw.
the fact that he failed is irrelevant.
Intent is relevant. If he meant to rip people off, he's a bad guy. If he didn't, then he's not. He didn't purposely ruin his own pokerroom, and he didn't force people to deposit money and play there. Anytime you deposit money into an online pokerroom you're taking a risk because the company could go bankrupt. I personally feel bad for Boyd.

i dunno why people are always so obsessed with people who ruin their lives and then acomplish somethingwhat about the people who accomplish stuff, but didn't ruin their lives? they deserve our praise more

Guest Anonymous
the fact that he failed is irrelevant.
Intent is relevant. If he meant to rip people off, he's a bad guy. If he didn't, then he's not. He didn't purposely ruin his own pokerroom, and he didn't force people to deposit money and play there. Anytime you deposit money into an online pokerroom you're taking a risk because the company could go bankrupt. I personally feel bad for Boyd.
nice point. he's the last person who wanted that to happen. he was livin' the high life for a minute.

Yeah I guess it was his fault that the company processing there credit card payments went bankrupt? This sort of thing happens all the time, companies go under for a variety of reasons and people involved with them, investors and customers alike can lose money. Its just on-line poker players are the whiniest individuals on the face of the earth and cant take there loses like men.

i dunno why people are always so obsessed with people who ruin their lives and then acomplish somethingwhat about the people who accomplish stuff, but didn't ruin their lives? they deserve our praise more
What is I dunno?Is that slang for I don't know?
Yeah I guess it was his fault that the company processing there credit card payments went bankrupt? This sort of thing happens all the time, companies go under for a variety of reasons and people involved with them, investors and customers alike can lose money. Its just on-line poker players are the whiniest individuals on the face of the earth and cant take there loses like men.
Most of it stems from the fact he could have closed a deal and sold the assets and paid restitution to at least some of the people who lost their money while he was lying to them about their cashout status. He compounded bad decisions with more bad decisions and ended up screwing everyone including himself. I think Paul Phillips laid out a synopsis of the whole situation awhile back.
Finally someone who realizes that poker is all about cheating. When y0u get bluffed, you should take your losses like a man. When Dutch was making up stories about not receiving cashout requests and the system being reworked, the smart players knew they were being lied to. It's survival of the fittest.

Why dont you doushebags get off his back.Do you know what really happened? NO, you read shit on the internet and assume he's a lowlife stealing ppl's money. Get a life whorebags

I'm not one to pick on grammar, and I'm not ripping you because it was most likely just a simple mistake (and in my drunken state it seems funny), but I think couldn't've is the first double contraction that I have ever seen. Are there any others?
Most of it stems from the fact he could have closed a deal and sold the assets and paid restitution to at least some of the people who lost their money while he was lying to them about their cashout status. He compounded bad decisions with more bad decisions and ended up screwing everyone including himself. I think Paul Phillips laid out a synopsis of the whole situation awhile back.
Defend Dutch Boyd if you want, but the above is true. He made the decision to lie to those who lost money through his site. He is the one who made the decision to be underhanded in that way. Yeah, we all make mistakes, and he shouldn't be crucified for it, but I also don't think he should ever expect someone to enter into any type of business agreement with him. Someone backing him in any way would be a business agreement. It's hard to refute that, is it not?The dude could probably prove himself to be a near genius of business, except he already fucked his credibility forever.
Thanks for your input Dutch
Why dont you doushebags get off his back.Do you know what really happened? NO, you read censored on the internet and assume he's a lowlife stealing ppl's money
We read on the internet what he wrote on the internet. Feel free to go back in time via Google Groups and see what Dutch himself was telling everyone. People say many things about Dutch -- but when they call him a liar, they are right.