Is Dutch Boyd broke??

(3) If you're such a good poker player, why are you too broke to buy-in?- I'm not. If the auction isn't picked up, I probably will just front the entire buy-in. But one of the secrets to surviving as a professional poker player is to not expose yourself to too much risk, and right now with the start of my new business I would rather not expose myself to the $3600 risk. It's all about money management, people!(4) Why don't you ask one of the Crewmates to back you?- Because, in the words of my grandfather-god-rest-his-soul, "Don't shit where you eat".

Doesn't that link that you gave basically answer your questions?Edit: Speedz beat me to it
With his backround his explination is questionable. But is there really noone that he could borrow money from? Does he really need to put an ad on Ebay? That seems like a desperate move to get the cash.

He's just a hustler. He's great at self rpomoting, though. For a decidedly mediocre pro everyone seems to know him by name and by sight.What's he going to say to explain the auction "Well, I spent too much on coke, so I thought this would be a good way to get some cash together to play poker".

wow thats awesome that his girlfriend won an fpp satellite to go to it, because i won a satellite and im going to it too! her name is madame x i guess cuz it shows that shes from fresno on the qualifier list. thatd be cool if i got to play on the same table as dutch boyd. after reading about it, im a little dissapointed that its only gonna be 150 players and only top 18 make the money. :D this is my first time ever to be playing in real life so im nervous. it does look like hes going broke tho. sorry to say but im gonna be aiding in him going even more broke. :twisted: before i go, im gonna post a topic asking for advice on how i should prepare for my first tourney ever, but does anyone have any quick advice they could give me now? thanks! gonna be in the negreanu open in 30 minutes 8)

Lol he keeps saying it's because he doesn't want to risk it. But this is only making the size of the prize for him 50% less, so why doesn't he just buy in to a tournament that costs half the money and take 100% of the prize and not waste his time on Ebay? Maybe the answer is he really is broke.

Why D. Boyd is on E-bay is obviuos. Negreanu(sp) is right when I read somewhere that most of the people you see on TV playing poker are broke. Boyd has a very bad track record with other peoples money i.e pokerspot.com

Poeple Know Dutch Boyd becuase his name sounds cool, not because his poker skills are at a top level. The Crew is hilarious. One guy on the whole crew is a decent player. Hear Fischman say "the crew is going to take over the poker world". Ya Right.. I bet Phil, Daniel, John J. are running scared right now. The only world the "crew" is going to take over is a one filled with 20-24 year old geeks who have never kissed a girl and got beat up in the high school gym. Is Dutch Boyd broke? What kinda question is that, of course he is broke. Without a doubt.. ON EBAY... Dutch boyd's tourny entry right beside 2 used copies of how to "play poker by the crew".

Dutch Boyd has put himself on ebay for a 50% stake in a tournament. Does this mean he is broke? Why couldn't he get his boy Scott Fishman to stake him? Anyone know anything about this or any thoughts?http://www.dutchboyd.com/blog/2005/01/ebay...tion-day-1.html
Just curious as to why he didn't list it as a "Dutch" auction. He would have a better chance getting 1800 people to put up $1.00 each. Who's the frickin' prodigy now boooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyd?