how dedicated to poker are you?

It's ok, it stopped stinging. It's pleasantly numb now.
don't you mean comfortably numbhello hello hello, is there anybody in there, just nod if you can hear meis there anyone at homec'mon now, I hear your feeling down, I can ease the pain to get you on your feet againrelax, I need some infrormation first, just the basic factscan you show me where it hurtsthere is no pain you are receiving, a distant ship smoke on the horizonyou are only coming through in waves, your lips move but I can't hear what you saywhen I was a child, I had a fevermy hands were just light to the newsnow I've got that feeling once again, I cannot explainyou would not understand this is not how I amI have become comfortably numb
GREATEST band of all time. They're actually reuniting with Roger Waters as I understand it in July for a concert.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: , did hell just freeze over. when and where. Man, no amount of money,if I can help it, would prevent me from seeing that
It's ok, it stopped stinging. It's pleasantly numb now.
don't you mean comfortably numbhello hello hello, is there anybody in there, just nod if you can hear meis there anyone at homec'mon now, I hear your feeling down, I can ease the pain to get you on your feet againrelax, I need some infrormation first, just the basic factscan you show me where it hurtsthere is no pain you are receiving, a distant ship smoke on the horizonyou are only coming through in waves, your lips move but I can't hear what you saywhen I was a child, I had a fevermy hands were just light to the newsnow I've got that feeling once again, I cannot explainyou would not understand this is not how I amI have become comfortably numb
GREATEST band of all time. They're actually reuniting with Roger Waters as I understand it in July for a concert.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: , did hell just freeze over. when and where. Man, no amount of money,if I can help it, would prevent me from seeing that
I think in England. I'm kinda dating this girl who works in the music industry and she told me about it. I haven't done much research on it though. I knew that I wouldn't be able to get out there to see them. The part that I would REALLY research is Roger Waters getting back together with the band. That was what threw for a loop. But she seemed like she knew what she was talking about. I'm sure that if you were to look it up you could find out.Let me know if you do find anything on it. I'd love to buy the live album from that show if Waters does play with them.
I think in England. I'm kinda dating this girl who works in the music industry and she told me about it. I haven't done much research on it though. I knew that I wouldn't be able to get  out there to see them. The part that I would REALLY research is Roger Waters getting back together with the band. That was what threw for a loop. But she seemed like she knew what she was talking about. I'm sure that if you were to look it up you could find out.Let me know if you do find anything on it. I'd love to buy the live album from that show if Waters does play with them.
I wouldn't doubt that there'd be a dvd release with it too. man, when I wake up tommorrow, I'm gonna google that first thing. I'm still shaking my head in amazement that waters might actually join up with them, just amazing
I actually just looked it up, and Waters is reuniting with them. Should be really cool.
I think I just shat myself :shock: . I have to find my passport pronto

I met a really hot girl who makes a 100k+ a year dealing blackjack four days a week (the dealers hold their own tips in AZ, making it quite lucrative). I end up getting a house with her and buying her breast implants to make her even more hot...so what do I do? I proceed to completely ignore her every which way by completely focusing on my poker life...i completely ruin the relationship which creates enough stress to give me a great stomach ulcer and an extra twenty pounds. but in the end, can you honestly say that women are better than poker? so yeah, i will sacrifice pretty much anything to play my four-eight hours a day.

Wow thats rough... I once told my girlfriend that I was too busy to hang out with her that day so I could play a home game tournament AT MY HOUSE! Haha well she hasnt found out but I did feel guilty for the longest time! Now the thing is that my girlfriend doesnt mind me playing poker as long as I dont drag her into my "alternative world" and as long as I dont pay more attention to my "alternative world" than her. I've also made her watch a couple of episodes of WPT and she seemed really bored as I explained to her what was going on in every hand! :club:(We have sucha good relationship that she forgives me for those things!)

I was really hoping that the pizza caught on fire in some really strange way, and the whole stove was on fire. Frostbite/broken toe is good though.
:club: "And then I didn't pay to have the kitchen renovated, cause all my money was being used to clear the bonus on Party" :lol :lol:Well, I'll say that now, I have a new tradition, when it's my turn to act, and I'm getting food, I run back to the threshold of the living room, side step around the recliner, then run back to the computer.
EDIT: As far as I know, this is the first ever injury resulting from online poker. Aside from wall-punchings/head-bangings against tables, of course.
I did something very similar. I was playing online for about 5 or 6 hours. I had my chin propped up on my left hand for most of the time with my elbow on the corner of the desk, which strangely wasn't uncomfortable at the time. Anyway, I lost most of the feeling in my hand for a few days. It slowly got better, and it turned out that I pinched a nerve in my elbow from the way I was sitting. If you straighten your arm out and feel where the elbow bone, you'll feel a groove in between that and another bone about 1/2 inches in towards your body. That groove is where my elbow was resting on the desk. So yeah, it happens.
don't you mean comfortably numb  hello hello hello, is there anybody in there, just nod if you can hear me  is there anyone at home  c'mon now, I hear your feeling down,  I can ease the pain to get you on your feet again  relax, I need some infrormation first, just the basic facts  can you show me where it hurts  there is no pain you are receiving, a distant ship smoke on the horizon  you are only coming through in waves,  your lips move but I can't hear what you say  when I was a child, I had a fever  my hands were just light to the news  now I've got that feeling once again, I cannot explain  you would not understand  this is not how I am  I have become comfortably numb
u almost got the song right. the line after, "when i was a child, i had a fever" is, "my hands felt just like two balloons," not "my hands were just light to the news" there is probably nobody on this forum who likes floyd as much as me. there has never been nor will there ever be a band like floyd. i am so mad that i wont be able to go see them in england at the live 8 show. i just hope that this reunion isnt just a one time thing, though i am pretty sure that they are only doing this for the cause.

This concert you guys are talking about is Live Eight. Not only is Pink Floyd playing... your also getting Coldplay, U2, and a few other crappy acts (that i know of). I dont know all 8 performers off the top of my head so theres probably some other stuff which is pretty goo. It should be awesome. I think MTV is gonna air the concert like 10 hours straight.

u almost got the song right.  the line after, "when i was a child, i had a fever"  is, "my hands felt just like two balloons," not "my hands were just light to the news"  there is probably nobody on this forum who likes floyd as much as me.  there has never been nor will there ever be a band like floyd.  i am so mad that i wont be able to go see them in england at the live 8 show.  i just hope that this reunion isnt just a one time thing, though i am pretty sure that they are only doing this for the cause.
i was going to post that as well... Huge Floyd fan, that being one of my favorite songs!!

at my home poker game, one of my friends threw out this hypothetical, if someone offered you a million dollars to never play poker again would you take it? i answered no as soon as the words spilled out of his mouth, and everyone else laughed at me, thinking i was kidding. then after i convinced them i was serious, it when from laughing to calling me a liar. followed by calling me a loser, degenerate, etc. when they finally believed me. i know its easy to answer when its a hypothetical, but i love the game so much that i dont think i could give it up for any price.PS. they werent laughing as much when i left the winner for the night.

don't you mean comfortably numb  hello hello hello, is there anybody in there, just nod if you can hear me  is there anyone at home  c'mon now, I hear your feeling down,  I can ease the pain to get you on your feet again  relax, I need some infrormation first, just the basic facts  can you show me where it hurts  there is no pain you are receiving, a distant ship smoke on the horizon  you are only coming through in waves,  your lips move but I can't hear what you say  when I was a child, I had a fever  my hands were just light to the news  now I've got that feeling once again, I cannot explain  you would not understand  this is not how I am  I have become comfortably numb
u almost got the song right. the line after, "when i was a child, i had a fever" is, "my hands felt just like two balloons," not "my hands were just light to the news" there is probably nobody on this forum who likes floyd as much as me. there has never been nor will there ever be a band like floyd. i am so mad that i wont be able to go see them in england at the live 8 show. i just hope that this reunion isnt just a one time thing, though i am pretty sure that they are only doing this for the cause.
yeah, I wrote that out at 3 in the morning after playing a four hour session online. so I was just transcribing it from me listening to it

Left arm update: feels better, but if i flex it all the way it stings right in the funny bone (where the eerily similar post below indicated).

EDIT: As far as I know, this is the first ever injury resulting from online poker. Aside from wall-punchings/head-bangings against tables, of course.
I did something very similar. I was playing online for about 5 or 6 hours. I had my chin propped up on my left hand for most of the time with my elbow on the corner of the desk, which strangely wasn't uncomfortable at the time. Anyway, I lost most of the feeling in my hand for a few days. It slowly got better, and it turned out that I pinched a nerve in my elbow from the way I was sitting. If you straighten your arm out and feel where the elbow bone, you'll feel a groove in between that and another bone about 1/2 inches in towards your body. That groove is where my elbow was resting on the desk. So yeah, it happens.
Did you justwait it out? Resting it did wonders so far but it's not all the way healed. My right arm is now sore as a bitch, though--i use a register at work, andregisters weren't meant to be operated with just one hand. I bet I cansue for that. God bless the americans with disabilities act!
Left arm update: feels better, but if i flex it all the way  it stings right in the funny bone (where the eerily similar post below indicated).
Did you justwait it out? Resting it did wonders so far but it's not all the way healed. My right arm is now sore as a censored, though--i use a register at work, andregisters weren't meant to be operated with just one hand. I bet I cansue for that. God bless the americans with disabilities act!
It's called Cubital Tunnel Syndrome... if you mess it up bad enough, you get a nice six inch long scar along the inside of your elbow like I have. The good news, though... since they moved the nerve, I can use the elbow-groove as a desk resting spot without ever irritating my funny bone again!