curious how much gas costs where you live?

Thank you President Bush, go W!For having the highest gas prices in history?I'm not sure I follow that one.
Can't your hear the sarcastic tone?!
It's just like thank you President Bush for finding WMDs in Iraq so America is much safer now, and thank for catching Saddam so he will never attack Pearl Harbor again.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you President Bush, go W!For having the highest gas prices in history?I'm not sure I follow that one.
It's just like thank you President Bush for finding WMDs in Iraq so America is much safer now, and thank for catching Saddam so he will never attack Pearl Harbor again.
:think: Thanks for bringing politics into the thread about gas price reporting. :wall:
Actually, and i hate to disagree with Smash on anything, I am not positive but am pretty sure that adjusted for inflation, gas prices were higher in the 70's.Gasoline is incredibly cheap when you think about how it gets to you. I have seen people pay $1 for a litre of bottled water (~4.00 a gallon).Complaining about gas prices is kind of silly, unless it's complaining about the taxes on the gas, which make up a very large portion of the cost.Shaun
2.39-2.59 Right now. We always have some of the highest pricest in the states. There is no reason for this either as the ships bring them literally a mile from my house... Wisconsin just likes us to pay more I guess? Annoying really...
Yeah, Wisconsin gas prices suck. Here in Milwaukee, I just filled up @ $2.39/ gallon. $2.39 x 14 gal tank= TOO FREAKIN MUCH!!! :x

Two days ago I filled up with 50 litres (12.5 gallons) at 89.5 per litre (3.58 per gallon)I drove 40 km (25 miles) then my car broke down (it's a 1992 piece of crap)now I have a full gas tank on a worthless car...how much is that gas worth?

No. Next time add a (sw) for sarcasm warning. With your handle, I would have to assume otherwise. Now, most Texans I meet are anti-Bush, but I realize that's a minority and most of them are from Austin (which I visit) or transplants in NYC or CA.

Sagamihara-shi, Yokohama, Japan$4.50 per gallon. Driving a car is - - - - EV It takes 2.5 hrs to drive to a place I can walk/train hop in 45 min. Thus 1.75 X hourly poker rate + $30 for gas + $20 for parking.I'm soo glad to be back in the States where gas is cheap!!

No. Next time add a (sw) for sarcasm warning. With your handle, I would have to assume otherwise. Now, most Texans I meet are anti-Bush, but I realize that's a minority and most of them are from Austin (which I visit) or transplants in NYC or CA.
I am a Texan who is Pro-Bush, but the busier I become the less news I get to watch.

Filled up at $0.91 CDN / litre yesterday.Gallon to Litre1 US gallon = 3.7854118 litre0.91 * 3.7854118 = 3.444724738 CDN / gallonCurrency Converter (xe.com)3.444724738 CDN = $2.79 US / gallonIs that good bad or ugly? $0.91 is considered quite high in the GTA area.

I filled up at 85 cents a litre last night, which I think works out to something like $3.20 a gallon (Canadian). The price has been ping-ponging between that and the $1 a litre neighbourhood for the past few months.In other news, bottled water still holds steady at $1/litre, and milk is quite a bit more expensive than that. Much as I'd like to complain about gas prices, I don't think I have much cause to just yet.

Do you drive with milk and water?Do you drink two gallons of milk or water EACH DAY?Using your logics of comparion, a gallon of gas is way too cheap than a pound of steak, gold, diamonds...Also, it's not just about what the price the gas currently stands, it's also about the huge inflation rate on the gas price before and after Bush caught Saddam who attacked Pearl Harbor and almost destroyed the world with his WMDs.

Milk, Water, Steaks, whatever - we need to survive, that's food, beverage & life.Cars are the biggest waste of money out there, you keep putting money into it (Gas & Maintenance) & it only goes down in value over the year(s).I'd rather put my money into more milk, water & food over gas any day of the year, too bad theres just no easy public transportation to take me to work or to meetings.

We are lucky in America lol, But we can still censored can't we? I remember it being under a dollar like 4-5 years ago in the summer... That was awesome.
Weren't you like 10 then?? :shock: A gas station burned down in my little town like 9-10 years ago. Until last fall, the sign was still up that said 98 cents. I wonder how many people driving through freaked out at that until they realized the deal.I just paid 2.25 just south of Pittsburgh.
We are lucky in America lol, But we can still censored can't we? I remember it being under a dollar like 4-5 years ago in the summer... That was awesome.
Weren't you like 10 then?? :shock: A gas station burned down in my little town like 9-10 years ago. Until last fall, the sign was still up that said 98 cents. I wonder how many people driving through freaked out at that until they realized the deal.I just paid 2.25 just south of Pittsburgh.
i got my drivers license 3 months before I turned 15 and gas was 83 cents that summer, and that was 6 years ago
Do you drive with milk and water?
Nope, I merely require water to live.The point, of course, is that gas in North America is still trivially cheap compared both to other parts of the world, and also to other high-consumption fluids. It is also trivially cheap in historical terms - once you adjust for inflation, gas today is pretty close to the lowest it's ever been. So quit yer whining. Only just in the last few months has their been any detectable trend away from gas-guzzling SUVs, you'll know that gas prices are actually high when SUVs like the Expedition and the Yukon are no longer sold and all the dealer lots are full of smartcars and hybrids.

here in Newfoundland all i know is it is 99 cents per litre(canadian), not sure what it is in gallons or american

When I flew to New York this past week I couldn't believe gas was $2.49 a gallon.  Here in the Nashville area its between $1.99 - $2.05 for the cheap stuff (87 octane)How much is it where you live?
i try to never pay for my gas. i feel its like gambling, if they are going to turn on the pump for me its a gamble. they turn it on, i fill up and drive off, they lose. If they want me to pre pay well that station wins.