deeeeetroit basketbaaaaaaal

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am from Toronto and am not a Pistons fan (although I was in the Bad Boys era) but I REALLY respect this team. They do not get the credit they deserve. No one thought they could beat the Lakers last year (let alone destroy them) and everyone thought the Spurs were a shoo-in.Defence, discipline, team play. Like 'em or not, they gotta make a coach proud.

Was that a great game or what? Last year I was confident they could beat the Lakers even before the series began. This year I thought it would be a good series, but I have to admit that after the first two games I thought it was over. They really messed up in game 5 or this would be over. I can't wait for the game on Thursday. Nothing better than a game 7!

Dudes.... Dudes.....Just let it go.There is no way.... no how.... that the Pistons go into the House of Bland on Thursday and win.Just not gonna happen.It'll be close.. it'll be drama... but what ya gonna do when Big Shot Rob rains 3s all over you? (w/ apologies to Hulk Hogan)

They are the New England Patriots of basketball. No huge names, but they do all the un-sexy things to win, like play defense, hussle, get loose balls, rebound... They get no respect, yet they just go out and win games. I mean c'mon, winning Game 7 in Miami? Last night's win was phenomenal. don't count them out that's all I'm saying

It's teams like pistons stop people from watching NBA.... BOOOOOOORING!
whatever. don't watch. People outside of Detroit could care less if others watch or not. they just want a championship.
It's teams like pistons stop people from watching NBA.... BOOOOOOORING!
whatever. don't watch. People outside of Detroit could care less if others watch or not. they just want a championship.
ya...NBA can be renamed as DBA.... Detroit Bastards ASSociation.

They needed the whole Heat starting five to be hurt to eek out a win.....Wade doesn't get hurt.....The Pistons don't get past the Heat...Congrats though....helluva win in game 6....Game 7 will be brutal.

injuries are a part of sports. however, there is NO WAY that the heat even with wade healthy could have taken the spurs to seven games. wade and shaq get no help in miami and there is no way those two alone could have led miami to a title. any sane man would agree with me on this.

injuries are a part of sports. however, there is NO WAY that the heat even with wade healthy could have taken the spurs to seven games. wade and shaq get no help in miami and there is no way those two alone could have led miami to a title. any sane man would agree with me on this.
They had plenty of help....and the way the spurs were manhandled in the paint in this Detroit series makes me think that the Heat would have pushed the Spurs to at least 6 or 7 games....Please stop with the Two man team crap already....it's getting tired. I hardly consider a 13 point a game scorer (E.Jones), One of the best three point shooters and a 11 point per game scorer (D.Jones), a 10 and 10 Power Forward (Haslem), and the best defensive presence off the bench (ZO)....No Help.....any sane man would agree with me on this.Pleeeeeeeze.

I agree that detroit is the better team overall...But all it would take is Ginobli and Horry to get on a run, and it's a wrap.I think Horry is on another level when it comes to pressure situations. Its a sickness if you ask me. It's like everyone else freezes up and thinks harder than they need to while he just relaxes and plays.

I agree that detroit is the better team overall...But all it would take is Ginobli and Horry to get on a run, and it's a wrap.I think Horry is on another level when it comes to pressure situations. Its a sickness if you ask me. It's like everyone else freezes up and thinks harder than they need to while he just relaxes and plays.
BIG SHOT BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That guy is sick!!!!!!!
I actually think the Spurs are the best team in the NBA but the way this series has gone, it's up in the air. San Antonio has all the elements and role players. I won a bet with my dad that they would beat Phoenix and for me, they have been the team to beat since early in the season. But Detroit has a way of getting it done.If I had to lay money on game 7, it would definitely be on SA given their home court advantage (and the fact that I think they are the best team in the NBA). Would I be surprised if the Pistons took it down? Definitely not.

This has been one of the best NBA finals i can remember...There is just something about two teams that actually play good defense that makes the games exciting...Game 7 is going to be silly!!!