playing pocket aces under the gun

Guest Anonymous

NL HOLDEM10 000 in starting chips300 fieldHow do you play your aces under the gun?I like to limp hope that there is a raise along they way and then come over the top with a reraise. I have a lot of chips to play with  so should it be a multiway pot i have no problem laying them down. Anyone agree with limping under the gun?
Versus a tough field and the blinds less than 1% of your stack, a limp is good. I'll let others elaborate.
NL HOLDEM10 000 in starting chips300 fieldHow do you play your aces under the gun?I like to limp hope that there is a raise along they way and then come over the top with a reraise. I have a lot of chips to play with  so should it be a multiway pot i have no problem laying them down. Anyone agree with limping under the gun?
FoxWoods Pro taught us that you always have to limp under the gun with pocket aces. And his word is the gospel truth around this site.

I'm a big fan of limping with aces...you get a raise or two behind you and you are laughing. Its the worst when you raise 4x bb and get 4 callers and you have to act first.You can raise, you can limp, depends how good a player you are, what your style is, and importanly who the other players are at your table.To say you never limp with aces is an idiotic statement.

what happems when no one raises and the flop is K 7 3 rainbow. u are in a position where u have no clue where u are? someone might have k2 and make you fold the best hand or they could have k3 or k7 and u could easily pay them off. at least if u raise u can make people pay if they want to play junk hands. if your in a 200 nl game or less move in preflop if their is any chance u will get called. people who get cute with AA tend to stay in to long and trap themselves or fold the best hand way to often from what i have seen. i would never limp in a low limt game. i would never limp with AA unless i was 100% sure someone will raise . i shouldnt say never but its close to never

I like to limp in under the gun with aces.When people see that they will be a little more hesitant to raise you with out a hand.And then the next time i limp in under the gun i will have a suited connecter and then when they see that then they are really confused and will be off blance trying to figure out what you have.

I dont limp with aces 99% of the time.There are of course very few siuations where you know youll get exactly what you want if you limp with them, then its ok to limp.But seriosuly, if you are one of those players who cant ever lay down aces no matter what then I suggest not ever limping because youre going to lose a whole lot of money by doing so

if no one raises people who limp with AA in NL tend to fold the best hand or payoff a better hand way to often.
so with this being said... if you limp, play your AA all the way to the end, or fold on the flop, every single time... pick one or the other, and be consistent. That way, you'll only EITHER fold the best hand or pay off a better hand, rather than do both.
if no one raises people who limp with AA in NL tend to fold the best hand or payoff a better hand way to often.
so with this being said... if you limp, play your AA all the way to the end, or fold on the flop, every single time... pick one or the other, and be consistent. That way, you'll only EITHER fold the best hand or pay off a better hand, rather than do both.
when u limp and no one raises u have no idea what people have. so a flop like 10 7 3 looks good untill u payoff the guy who had 7-3 that got in for free. also if a 678 flop comes and some one has 9-2 and the other has qq and their is an allin or big bets you could easily fold the the best hand. where if u just raise it preflop u will take a lot if not all the chips QQ has. i just dont see why people want to put themselves in that kind of situation more times then they have to.
when u limp and no one raises u have no idea what people have. so a flop like 10 7 3 looks good untill u payoff the guy who had 7-3 that got in for free. also if a 678 flop comes and some one has 9-2 and the other has qq and their is an allin or big bets you could easily fold the the best hand. where if u just raise it preflop u will take a lot if not all the chips QQ has. i just dont see why people want to put themselves in that kind of situation more times then they have to.
What if you limp with AA, a guy raises to 4 bucks with jj, a guy with another pair calls, a guy with kk reraises and then you reraise all of them and you make a million dollars?Cuz that happens, a lot.

In NL tourneys it really depends on the stack/blinds ratio and the agressiveness of the table. Early I usually don't wan' t to raise and have everyone fold. Yes I will take my chances in a tourney you have to gobble chips and I can lay down AA. I will also do it with KK at a lower ratio and better read of the table.Later on when the blinds/antes are large it is a differnt situation completly

wasn't there just an entire thread where the majority believed that if you limp re-raise, you might as well scream out "I have Aces!"?
If someone limp re-raises I don't put them on Aces if I respect there play, Because no one I play with is limping EP with aces, especially in a cash game. if someone limp-reraises me and I respect there play I put them on a mid-pair most of the time, figuring they have me on high cards and want to get more money in w/ the best of it.But... different players different styles.
In a tournament, you can make different plays like this and succeed. If you have a tight, solid image and made a move like this against a good opponent with a MARGINAL to Medium Strong hand... you could probably pull it off.HOwever, in a cash game you shouldn't even attempt this.

I guess it really depends on your style. For me, if I enter a pot I like to be aggressive with mostly any hand i have. I'm just tired of seeing people misplay aces and then say, "I can never win with aces." When I have aces I try to isolate only one or two hands and apply lots of pressure.

I think there are spots where you limp with aces in EP. I don't think the first hand of a MTT with very low blinds is one of them. I like to use this play with larger blinds when someone will call after you push all in to reraise them. Here, you will still have to play a flop and risk being trapped for all your chips.

The only positions i limp with aces are UTG and in the small blind if it is folded around to me.
These are dead giveaways of strength unless you limp UTG with other hands(which I think is usually not a very good play). It is much harder to figure out what someone has UTG if you always raise when you come in, not mention by limping UTG, when you get someone with 99,1010,JJ,QQ, KK, or any hands that someone might come over the top of you with, will raise after, then when you come over the top, most players will figure out that you have a top hand, or if you just flat call, and the flop comes something like 1046, you are going to have a tough time laying aces down, when your opponent flops a set (doesn't happen often, but will from time to time).I think this play takes the element of deception away more than just making a standard raise. Those are just my thoughts though.