trivia.. mensa style

The phoenetic answer would be "R," because the letters on the top list do not end with an "eeee" sound, and "R" is the only letter on the bottom list with that property.Gimme answerIce
Your waaay off.. think out side the box man!!hint ****** vizual
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is most definitely the A-5 str8 flush, holding the A and 5. Any other two cards chould be beat by a higher str8 flush. not likely, but possible.
The question was what is the lowest starting hand that can flop the stone cold nuts. 6,2 is lower than A, 5, and if the flop is 3,4,5, and you have 2,6, that is the STONE COLD NUTS.Done.
Jesus... JESUS JESUS JESUS!He says NOTHING about a starting hand. You're inventing things now. Cunning linguists agree: the answer is a 5 high straight flush.Ice
As I already said, the correct answer to the 2nd one is J, because that's what the green man told Royal Tour while he was on crystal meth last night.
HOLY JESUS.!! I BEEN DRINKIN AL LNIGHT. AND THIS THREAD IS SOO DAMN FAST AND HILRIOUSICE. YOUR FUCKEN HILARIOUS WHEN I'M DRUNK MAN
I wish I lived a life that allowed me to get bizangled on a Monday night.
i work at 8am.. but the power was off for most of the nightso i got drunk
The phoenetic answer would be "R," because the letters on the top list do not end with an "eeee" sound, and "R" is the only letter on the bottom list with that property.Gimme answerIce
You're probably a ****ing moron, but the answer probably has something to do with axes of syyyymmmeeetttrrrryyyyy....Even though the "R" answer is still correctI'm done.Fuck off you cocktooth.Ice
I think it's the "Z", because it's the only one that looks the same if you looked at all the letters upside-down. And no, I didn't stand on my head to figure this out.
I think it's the "Z", because it's the only one that looks the same if you looked at all the letters upside-down. And no, I didn't stand on my head to figure this out.
Nope, it's the E.... Rotate it like there is a pole through the middle horizontally.
Nope, it's the E.... Rotate it like there is a pole through the middle horizontally.
Then the "S" doesn't work either. But if you actually look at them top-down (write them out on a piece of paper and turn the paper upside down), I think the "Z" works. It think this is called odd-symetry (recalling calc from high school), but I'm not sure.
ok. heres the warm up question.What is the lowest possible hand, that is the stone cold nuts after the flop. (before the turn)ok. and now for the real question.Which letter from the bottom row belongs in the top row. And WHY??It does not have to spell a word. It simply has something in comon with the rest. S H I N O X Z E R T???????????????????
It's the Z, because all the letters in the top row look the same when they are flipped on a 45 degree line, or said more simply, when they are turned backwards and then upside down.
For the second question, I'd say R belongs in the top row because all of the bottom row letters end with an E sound when you say them, and all the top row letters only have their sound in them. As does R. Just my guess.
I'm pretty sure that Zimmer got #2 correct here. Damn fine work too. I don't think I would have figured that one out.
He gave a correct answer and he's "waaay off"?

Hmm...I came up with Z but for a different reason. By saying which one belonged in the top row, I also took it to mean at a specific place in the top row. I put the Z on the end to form:S H I N O X ZWhy? The two outside (S, Z) and inner three letters (I, N, O) can be written without lifting your pen from the paper (or tracing over what you've already written). I guess you can say that I saw it as a symmetry problem. This works too, because E, R, and T cannot be written without lifting your pen or tracing over a line you already wrote.

Your joking right?you can't say they end in a EEEE sound., since the letter Z, can be pronouced "Zeeeee". or Zed
Your joking right?you can't say they end in a EEEE sound., since the letter Z, can be pronouced "Zeeeee". or Zed
Most americans have no idea what Zed is.
Most americans have no idea what Zed is.
touche
Ok. technically. its the 5 hi straight flush!!! because that is the lowest post flop.but it would be a 6 hi if you held the 2,3 of the suit if it was lowest hand starting
Not clear on this it can not be the 5 hi if the A is on board as the next 2 cards could make a royal. Example A is on board you hold KT and ir comes runner runner QJ (all same suit)if you hold 2,3 and it is "6 hi" Implying flops 4,5,6 then you already do nut have the nuts (7,8 would be the stone cold nuts)
This is the stupidest thread ever. Sure, Juanda posted, but I have never been so repulsed by the posts in a thread before. I'm fairly certain the OP is retarded, as well.CT
Juanda posted? Which one is he. I would guess the one with a picture of Juanda, but I kinda thought that was just some crazed kooky fan.