hilarious scoop in plo8

Dealer: Hand #127358697Dealer: sofaman posts the small blind of $1Dealer: STLIG has 5 seconds left to actDealer: STLIG posts the big blind of $2Dealer: You have been dealt [2s 4d Kh 3h]Dealer: Pupsta calls $2Dealer: sofaman calls $1Dealer: STLIG checksDealer: The flop is [5d Ah Ad]Dealer: sofaman bets $2Dealer: STLIG calls $2Dealer: Pupsta calls $2Dealer: The turn is [6d]Dealer: sofaman bets $6Dealer: STLIG calls $6Dealer: Pupsta raises to $12Dealer: sofaman calls $6Dealer: STLIG calls $6Dealer: The river is [Ts]Dealer: sofaman checksDealer: STLIG checksDealer: Pupsta bets $22.70Dealer: sofaman calls $22.70Dealer: STLIG calls $22.70, and is all inDealer: Pupsta shows a pair of Aces, for highDealer: Pupsta shows 6,5,3,2,A, for lowDealer: sofaman mucks (3c 4c 7h 9h)Dealer: STLIG mucks (3s 4h 9c qh)Dealer: Pupsta wins the high pot ($57.55) with a pair of AcesDealer: Pupsta wins the low pot ($57.55) with 6,5,3,2,ADealer: STLIG is sitting out

How could you beat their 34 lows? 8)
A2356 beats A34 .... etc etcAND PS yes you do need to get back into this game, PM me the table when you are there :wink:

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you never play for only half the pot unless you are VERY strong one way. The guy didn't have the nut low and had a very weak draw to it and had virtually no chance of winning high.Definately a hilarious scoop seeing as I highly doubt you were expecting to win anything but lo.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you never play for only half the pot unless you are VERY strong one way. The guy didn't have the nut low and had a very weak draw to it and had virtually no chance of winning high.Definately a hilarious scoop seeing as I highly doubt you were expecting to win anything but lo.
yes he did have the nut low
Once upon a time there were 3 little fish swimming in a pond, a lucky fish eats up the other two fish and becomes the king of the pond, that little fish doesn't know there are oceans and sharks out there.
A2356 beats A34 .... etc etcAND PS yes you do need to get back into this game, PM me the table when you are there :wink:
I don't know if everyone knows (I might get flamed for this -- but a buddy of mine had been playing omaha online and then asked me one day how low hands are ranked) this, so I'm going to say it.Low hands are compared in order of highest to lowest, so 8 5 3 2 A is going to be beat by 7 6 5 4 3. Don't count starting with your ace, because if you have to include an 8 in your low, you still might get beat. That's just in case some didn't know -- you don't have to admit it, but now you know. Probably more important in a game where there are no community cards.
and btw, i obv was raising because i KNEW my k4 high was good :club:
That's a relief. I'd hate to think you were spewing chips for a quarter of the pot against A23x or some crap hand like that.

Why is everyone not playing PLO8?Dealer: Hand #127562325Dealer: NotMe2 posts the small blind of $1Dealer: Percula posts the big blind of $2Dealer: You have been dealt [Ah 5s 3s 2c]Dealer: BlackSabbath foldsDealer: Fooge raises to $7Dealer: squirrel112 foldsDealer: STLIG foldsDealer: IMRICHWITCH foldsDealer: wildcard4410 foldsDealer: Pupsta calls $7Dealer: NotMe2 foldsDealer: Percula calls $5Dealer: The flop is [7d 6h 9s]Dealer: Percula bets $22Dealer: Fooge calls $22Dealer: Pupsta calls $22Dealer: The turn is [4h]Dealer: Percula bets $88Dealer: IMRICHWITCH adds $4.50Dealer: Fooge raises to $224.70, and is all inDealer: Pupsta raises to $269.75, and is all inDealer: Percula calls $42.70, and is all inDealer: Pupsta shows [Ah 5s 3s 2c]Dealer: Percula shows [7s Kd 8c 9d]Dealer: Fooge shows [Ac Ad Th 2s]Dealer: Uncalled bet of $45.05 returned to PupstaDealer: The river is [Jc]Dealer: Pupsta shows a straight, Seven high, for highDealer: Pupsta shows 7,6,4,2,A, for lowDealer: Fooge shows a pair of Aces, for highDealer: Fooge shows 7,6,4,2,A, for lowDealer: Pupsta wins the high side pot ($94) with a straight, Seven highDealer: Fooge ties for the low side pot ($47) with 7,6,4,2,ADealer: Pupsta ties for the low side pot ($47) with 7,6,4,2,ADealer: Percula shows two pair, Nines and Sevens, for highDealer: Pupsta wins the high main pot ($238.55) with a straight, Seven highDealer: Fooge ties for the low main pot ($119.30) with 7,6,4,2,ADealer: Pupsta ties for the low main pot ($119.25) with 7,6,4,2,ADealer: Percula is sitting out

I don't know if everyone knows (I might get flamed for this -- but a buddy of mine had been playing omaha online and then asked me one day how low hands are ranked) this, so I'm going to say it.Low hands are compared in order of highest to lowest, so 8 5 3 2 A is going to be beat by 7 6 5 4 3. Don't count starting with your ace, because if you have to include an 8 in your low, you still might get beat. That's just in case some didn't know -- you don't have to admit it, but now you know. Probably more important in a game where there are no community cards.
good post, i did know this from my two-week stint at O8b, but people thinking of playing high/lo games should read and understand this carefully.
man when i played omaha i took some sick sick beats..had the 2nd best hand possible twice and fell to aces both times
In Omaha it is fairly common for the nuts to win.
man when i played omaha i took some sick sick beats..had the 2nd best hand possible twice and fell to aces both times
wasnt what i meant... id have like akkxboard would be akxxx where only somebody holding aa in thier hand could beat me which at a full table just isnt likely but they had the one handother time i have ajxxboard is ajjxx and just as kbj showed the sick hand another guy showed the aces full also...those are what i mean..at a full table with 2 aces left and and one guy has both..those are rough hits that u just cant expect
wasnt what i meant... id have like akkxboard would be akxxx where only somebody holding aa in thier hand could beat me which at a full table just isnt likely but they had the one handother time i have ajxxboard is ajjxx and just as kbj showed the sick hand another guy showed the aces full also...those are what i mean..at a full table with 2 aces left and and one guy has both..those are rough hits that u just cant expect
I believe that is exactly what he meant.. let me rephrase... IN OMAHA, IT IS FAIRLY COMMON FOR THE NUTS TO WIN.... AA being the nuts!! durrr:lol: