first bust out at the wsop

The first guy out is Andy Chen on the first hand.First hand...hope it was aces.
Brewmaster from RGP is already out too..heh poor guy...He had QQ, flop AQJ rainbow, turn A, river A, and he loses to AK. Ouch.Patrick
The first guy out is Andy Chen on the first hand.First hand...hope it was aces.
Brewmaster from RGP is already out too..heh poor guy...He had QQ, flop AQJ rainbow, turn A, river A, and he loses to AK. Ouch.Patrick
That's a pretty respectible way to go out, depending on when the money when in.
And he said that it was to Phil Hellmuth Phil must have had a read that he would end up with quads.
Phil must have had a read that he would end up with quads.
Well of course, because he is, after all, the best player in the world. He did everything right and this time it worked for him. I can't wait until he gets beat and then starts whining that "I did everything right, and still...":)

What were the suits in the hand with Phil? Even if it went in after the flop, there's a possibility that he just plain had enough outs to make it silly NOT to call. A straight draw, a flush draw, and two overs with one paired. I guess it just depends.

What were the suits in the hand with Phil? Even if it went in after the flop, there's a possibility that he just plain had enough outs to make it silly NOT to call. A straight draw, a flush draw, and two overs with one paired. I guess it just depends.
It says it was a rainbow, so even if it was a flush "draw" it would have been runner runner. He did have top pair top kicker with the straight possibility, THEN top set (just bad luck the other guy had the boat and got unlucky on the river.)
Phil must have had a read that he would end up with quads.
Well of course, because he is, after all, the best player in the world. He did everything right and this time it worked for him. I can't wait until he gets beat and then starts whining that "I did everything right, and still...":)
I thought it went:"I hate always getting second place in these two player tournaments!!!Second placeSecond placeSecond placeDisqualified for urinating on the tableSecond place."Man those videos rock!

They went all in on the turn, when PH was an 85/15 dog. Imagine Phil Helmuth getting busted first in the first (open) tourney of the WSOP, how sweet that would have been.That said, all I can say is oops. I said there was a less than 1% chance PH would show up on time. :shock: Maybe this is the year of the "new" Phil. :? http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.ga...c054a7fbc5c4ca7

Barry Greenstein busted by Phil Gordon
heh heh. i secretly kind of enjoy phil gordon. i don't see him as a fantastic player, but his tiltboys adventures were pretty fun to read.
woooooooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!Hmmmmm, wait a minute, BG was on my fantasy pool team, and I don't remember who they all were but I am pretty #$%^ sure PG was not on my team....
heh heh. i secretly kind of enjoy phil gordon. i don't see him as a fantastic player, but his tiltboys adventures were pretty fun to read.
i should have said i secretly enjoy phil's stories or commentary, because left at that, it sounds like i want to toss him in a shower and lick syrup off of his nipples. and really, i'd rather not.
i should have said i secretly enjoy phil's stories or commentary, because left at that, it sounds like i want to toss him in a shower and lick syrup off of his nipples. and really, i'd rather not.
Hey, that's my fantasy!!!BTW, I did have Greenstein and not Gordon on my team. Bad girl, bad girl!
It says it was a rainbow, so even if it was a flush "draw" it would have been runner runner. He did have top pair top kicker with the straight possibility, THEN top set (just bad luck the other guy had the boat and got unlucky on the river.)
Heh, here's one of his posts:__I was on the button and Phil was the BB. Folds around to me and I raise 10X the BB. Phil smoothly calls. He checks and I bet out half my stack. He checks again and I go all in on turn. After the hand, he says "I knew you had QQ...What a hand" ___Ha, classic Phil.....Patrick

Oh well, looks like that hand never happened, so we can't rag on PH for sucking out. I should have known it was a fake when they said it was the 1st hand - Since when is Phil there for the 1st hand?PatrickSubject: "I'm out already" post by me is a SPOOF...it wasn't posted by me.From: "brewmaster" <a...@webnntp.invalid>Sender: "brewmaster" <a...@webnntp.invalid>Newsgroups: rec.gambling.pokerContent-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bitUser-Agent: recgroups web-based newsreader v1.3Organization: http://www.recgroups.comX-NNTP-Posting-Host: 24.120.152.165X-mID: 445dDate: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 15:39:56 -0700Message-ID: <sq27n2xagh.ln2@recgroups.com>NNTP-Posting-Host: 216.128.74.205X-Trace: alt.athenanews.com 1117838549 216.128.74.205 (3 Jun 2005 18:42:29 -0400)Lines: 10X-Complaints-To: abuse@athenanews.comWhoever posted it, very funny. I have my own stalker..yay.FWIW, I did get knocked out in the final hand before the first break withJ9 when the flop came J93 rainbow. Isabelle Mercier had JJ.Hope everybody had fun discussing what really didn't happen.

Its important to rember that this tournament isnt the main event, i.e. $1500 is not $10,000 to start with and the blinds go up every hour instead of every 2 hours. $1500 isnt such a large stack when the blinds hit $100-$200 which happens after just 2 hours. Likely this is a reason why 1) Phil showed up on time, 2) Phil got all-in with top set and a straight draw.