how often do you make a final table?

I was wondering how often you guys make the final table of a large MTT(500+)?I have made 2 so far and have won about $3000. These are tournaments where the buy in is no more than $10, of course, they were rebuys. So how many tourneys does it usually take for you to make a final table online?thx for the responses

I've made 2 final tables on-line. Once, I was 10th out of 1500 and won $150, and a half-hour ago when I finished 4th out of 616 for $1100. I don't usually play a lot of MTTs, I usually like SnGs instead. I've probably played 20-25 MTTs so I guess that's a pretty good percentage. It usually takes a lot of luck to make a final table, so it would be hard to say what a good % is.

yea, i have a $700 bankroll now online because i cahsed out a lot of the $ so all of the tourneys i play in usually have a lot of people. However, i prefer playing tourneys w/ smaller numbers of people because its easier to make the $ and it suits my style well.

Yeah, I find the smaller ones easier as well. In tournys with 100-150 entries I've made 7 final tables and won 2. I've probably played about 40 of em.

500+, 2 in a year.300-500, 14 in that same year.300-, 1.My records are at home, but I think that's out of 184 or so, just less than 1 in 10. Probably 160 were in the 300-500 range (I THINK 524 was the biggest I made final table at)

I've been playing online for about a month. I've played in about 20 tourneys.I barely came in the money 3 times.I came in 5th or 7th in one where there were about 1800 players. (575.00)I came in 2nd in one with about 1800 players. (2800.00)I've played in about 50 B&M tourneys. I've won 4 of em. Placed in maybe 5 others. I play tourneys so much better than cash games. The B&M tourneys are getting to have too much of an entry fee. So I'm playing more online than B&M these days.

keeping in mind im taking it slow (money wise) online. I have been fortunate to make about 5-6 final tables with one win so far. been at it since early winter. i have yet to get into the bigger buy in MTTs so my win wasn't worth a lot ($3 freezeout, 300 players +/-).

ive made 3 final tables 500+ players out of 56 tourneys. i ended up winning all three for a grand total of 15,000. im positive that ive been lucky and i will not win 3 big tourneys for every 56 i play. but, hey, ill take what i can get,ive also made 1 final table with 205 players, ended up winning that one (fulltilt) for 1000.ive only made 4 final tables in my life, and ive gotten 1st all 4 times. :-) hopefully i can keep the streak going!!last night i came close out of 289 players on fulltilt, ended up 18th, when my QQ lost to A6

I had 4 wins last year all with the fields anywhere from 400-900. Final tables, I had around 14-16. I can't remember which. I stopped playing those ridiculous size fields though, they take forever and are quite the headache. You have to play great AND have the cards slap you in the face to do well.

I had 4 wins last year all with the fields anywhere from 400-900. Final tables, I had around 14-16. I can't remember which. I stopped playing those ridiculous size fields though, they take forever and are quite the headache. You have to play great AND have the cards slap you in the face to do well.
Agreed, with large fields, u need a lot of luck, especially when the blinds get very big at the end. won only 1 with >500 ppl and a couple of final tables. Usually play $50 buy-in and higher where there are less ppl (<300). Grind my way into money finishes., which is alot easier with less then 300 ppl. More profitable, less variance.

depends on the setting:live, in tourneys from 100-200 entrants, i've reached 3/14 final tables (no really strong finishes, though)online, since i got serious, my final table rate is at about 10% in 20-100 dollar buyin tourneys ranging from 200-900 entrants (i am not kidding). my top 3% in these tournaments is 3%. this seems relatively sustainable, as i'm drawing these stats from over 150 of these tournaments.the lower buyins are tougher in my opinion. they're full of overbets and all ins, and it's much tougher to make it through that minefield than through a bunch of supertight players who only play superstrong hands.

only made one with over 500 people and it had 2300 people in it. The bad part was that it was the smallest freeroll on party on i got like 12.50 for seventh. I beat out 2293 people and i got 12 bucks.

In tourneys with more than 500 people, I've made five final tables this year, 3 live, 2 online. Haven't had any victories though, grrr.., two seconds, two fourths, and a ninth. Played in about twenty tourneys this year, I usually play buy-ins anywhere from $100 to $1000.

Online MTT I haven't made a final table yet. I have played maybe 20 of them. I alwasy finish just out of the money (usually 2 or 3 spots) because I sometimes get overaggressive and end up digging my own grave.I have entered about 15 B&M tournaments and I have made the final table in 8 of them and actually won 4. I just don't think I have the patience to play online sometimes...

It can be really difficult to even make the money with such a large field (over 500), let alone the final table. I have made the final table of large tourneys 3 times, and each time was pretty tough. Never one a big one, closest I have come is 3rd. Of course I will usually make the money and then go out soon after, since I play kind of gung ho at that point, trying to increase my stack...

how much did reading harrington on holdem help yall in ur quest for final tables on mtt?
i haven't read it. to be honest, though, i have yet to read ANYTHING that i find at all useful for online MTTs, beyond the simple basic stuff to poker theory. even at the 100-dollar buyin level, the play is usually so bloody poor that using much in terms of trickiness just hurts you in the long run, at least until the very late stages.i think the best bit of advice one could give for online MTTs (especially for the lower buyins) is to play almost every pot like the implied odds are for all the money in front of whoever's in. to the LAG players, feigning weakness will get it all in most of the time, and to the calling stations, bet and bet away.

The norm from the better online players seems to be about the following formula. Cash in 10% of tourney's entered, hit the FT in 30% of those, then win 30% of the time. As for advice in $100+ MTT's, lurk over at http://pocketfives.com, there is a ton of good advice from some very solid players over there. (brsavage, sheets, NXST2, Duff McGuire, etc.[/url]

Played last five weeks 140-160 player MTT. $200-$500 buy-in (biggest game I can find in Fla. to get ready for WSOP). Placed 4th in $500 buy-in (most recent tourney on Sat.), and between 17th and 30th in the other 4.

I usually play the bigger tournaments online but lately ive been playing the smaller ones.( spending dollars and making dimes). ive been playing online for about 2 years and i won 2 tournaments in october- december( 5k) and took 2nd in a super weekday on party in january( 9k) i won a couple more but they were smaller and about 500 bucks or maybe a grand..I have put alot of time in tournaemtns though. I am a very tight player.. and sometimes I am over-tight.. something I have to work on... also if any1 knows anything online about bankroll management and how to cope with real life expenses along with a bankroll.. it would be great to pass it on this way. THanks!