Essay's Top Ten

Essay's Top Ten Academy Award Best Picture Winner Mistakes

1. "Shakespeare In Love" in 1998 over "Rushmore"

2. "Crash" in 2005 over "Captoe" or "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" (or any other movie really)

3. "Ordinary People" in 1980 over "The Shining" or "Friday the 13th"

4. "Oliver" in 1968 over "Rosemary's Baby"

5. "Chicago" in 2002 over "City of God"

6. "Dances with Wolves" in 1990 over "Edward Scissorhands" or "Reversal of Fortune"

7. "The Artist" in 2011 over "The Tree of Life"--or it's a push

8. "Birdman" in 2014 over "Interstellar"--I kid, Birdman is worthy

9. "The English Patient" in 1996 over "Bound"

10. "Forrest Gump" in 1994 over "Leon: the Professional" or "Bullets Over Broadway"

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he really really relates to Home Alone just for the title.

So, instead of doing actual work i need to do I decided to go through and tabulate all the punishments handed down by Essay. Not counted: prelim warnings (1 each) for BigD and Rod. Also, Essay was "

I'm assuming my jokes are valued at .77 of a man's.

i don't know why you're surprised. frau is a man, been obvious as the day is long for years now.

Bro, do you know how to lesbian? I know I joke about it, but really. Am I the only one who knows a trans person or two and lesbians in her real life?

i know bound is quite good. It's also a BDSM Lesbian love story. Which is why the orly is a particularly leering and creepy owl.

Oh man. I really got ol/dr'd there. I was talking about Oliver. But whatever. I stole a like from Frau, so I'll just stay quiet over here.

• Like 2

Bro, do you know how to lesbian? I know I joke about it, but really. Am I the only one who knows a trans person or two and lesbians in her real life?

I hired a lesbian once and she was a great employee. I have old friends on Facebook that are LGBQTUZDIS, but I don't currently have one in my real life friend rotation.

i've never know a trans person, no. nor a lesbian. i knew a black guy once, but we don't keep in touch.

The only gay club in lincoln burned down a couple months ago ( there' also a cruising bar, but it's well, for crusing) so the drag shows have changed venues to this hole in the wall, called the Alley. Which was the place to be, the night after RuPaul's drag race rolled into town.

Hmmm.

The first trans person I knew was an effeminate man with a terrible haircut. I was in my 20s, in LA, and had a retail job that had a flood of industry type customers. This guy and I hit it off, would make easy small talk, commiserate about having to work for a living. One day I came downstairs and I see my friend with the bad haircut wearing frumpy women's office wear. I short circuited and beat it. It's an odd, odd feeling, having your brain wrap around bad haircut, to man who lives as female, to maybe just female with wrong bits. It's not words on a tv screen, or Bruce Jenner in an interview. It's the guy (apologies, I really only knew the man) who would make fun of the editors he worked with.

The next week he brought in a note and left it with my co-worker for me. He said how disappointed he was, how he was living this new life, and how he had wanted me to be a friend. His signature was his new name. I emailed back at the address of the end of his note. I apologized, made it as breezy as possible, asked a few questions (not trans related), and waited. No response, not ever. I'm assuming she got laid off, or not brought back in for hours. LA has lots of employees that make a really good living who are temps. It's so easy to get rid of them.

I hate that I short circuited, that the entire time I knew him, I didn't see that he was inching towards a different life. In a maybe coincidence, I also post on a food board that has an LA section. There's a sometime poster with the same name as my former customer's new name. While we post on the same thread all talking about a diner, or where the new Japanese supermarket is--I've never broken the bubble. I don't know for sure if it's her, and I think that's where this story ends.

Another trans I've known is male to female, was a co-worker, and I didn't know until after we stopped working together. The person I knew was pushing hard, and eventually od'd, on what, I'm not sure.

• Like 1

I hired a lesbian once and she was a great employee. I have old friends on Facebook that are LGBQTUZDIS, but I don't currently have one in my real life friend rotation.

Pretend they're dating someone from the Sick thread, creep them, and befriend their friends. Especially with lesbians, you always know someone who knows someone.

I'm curious how one can judge what should've won over another when you didn't watch one of the films.

I'd guess you haven't seen a few others as well.

• Like 1

I know a few of the gays. Driving for uber the other night I picked up the manager of one of the gay bars in town and his partner. They were a riot and gave me the biggest tip I've received...IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

• Like 2

I worked with a large, gruff lesbian with 5 weiner dogs, I know, irony, and her partner looked like the chubby Drew Carey. Lesbians are sometimes angry

• Like 1

I'm curious how one can judge what should've won over another when you didn't watch one of the films.

I'd guess you haven't seen a few others as well.

Look, i just want the credit where its due, cause ima worry about me give a fvck about you. And just as a reminder to myself, i wear every single chain even when im in the house, cause...