• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nailed it

ah the "feminine mystique" defense. classic SA.

i don't care how inattentive your father is, an 8 year old girl doesn't arrange her dolls in a gang bang unless she's seen that somewhere. quit lying bro.

for reference:

I was trying to set up a timeline of events for the show, let me know if this corresponds with your notes.

--May 11th, 1984 Dora Kelly Lange's father dies. She's 17 at the time (date given by mother, victim's age was given in episode 1).

--October 11, 1987 Stacey Gerhart (14 years old) is murdered. Case still unsolved in 1995 when Cohle sees her on the Billboard.

--January 3rd, 1989 Cohle's daughter dies. Afterwards Cohle & Claire begin to resent each other. Cohle transferred from Robbery to Narcotics for the next three months.

--March 1989 Cohle & Claire divorce. On the job, Cohle kills a father for injecting his daughter with crystal. --1989 Cohle is involved in a deep undercover narcotics job for the next 4 years.

--1989 The Fontenot's attended the minister's church in Erath (minister said he'd seen them 5-6 years ago).

--1990 Marie Fontenot (10 years old), formerly of Erath area, goes "missing". It was assumed she left with her father, Len Stroghes. Her mother, Debbie Fontenot (priors for drug abuse), remarried & moved to Vegas.

--February 1993 Cohle kills 3 cartel members undercover. Sent to a psychiatric hospital in Texas (date given by Cohle in 2012 interview).

--May/June 1993 Cohle is out; suffers from PTSD, fried nerves, lack of sleep. Transferred to homicide in Louisiana. (Cohle said he was in the hospital for 4 months).

--Summer 1994 Dora Kelly Lange moves out of her place in Saint Martinville (given by landlord).

--Summer 1994 Dora Kelly Lange starts staying at the Hillybilly Bunny Ranch, south of Spanish Lake (given by interview with friend of Dora).

--October 1994 Cohle & Hart are partnered up (they were partnered 3 months before the 1995 murder). --December 3rd 1994 Dora Lange Kelly went by her mothers a month before her death (given by mother).

--December 1994 Dora Kelly Lange visits her friend with the black star tattoo's. Also, calls her ex husband in prison some time during this time. Tells them both that she's found a church.

--December 1994 Dora Kelly Lange leaves the Hillbilly Bunny Ranch two weeks before her murder. Her friend there said that she's found a church & was happy for her.

--December 14, 1994 Molly Ann Ross is chased through the woods by a "green eared spaghetti monster" in the same jurisdiction as the Marie Fontenot case.

--December 1994 A few weeks before the murder, reports of mutilated cats on the ministers church (given by minister).

--January 3rd, 1995 Dora Kelly Lange (28 years old) is found murdered in Erath.

--January 1995 Investigation of nearby area leads them to the Fontenot case. Cohle finds a "devil net" in the Fontenot shed.

--January 1995 After Dora Kelly Lange is identified, Cohle & Hart interview friends of the victim & track down where she was staying, Hillbilly Bunny Ranch, where they find her diary.

--January 1995 Cohle & Hart discover the church with a mural of a lady with an antler crown.

--1995 Case is solved.

--2002 Cohle & Hart have a falling out.

--2010 Cohle comes back from being off the grid for 8 years.

--April 26th 2012 Cohle is interviewed by the two detectives/agents.

--May 1st 2012 Hart is interviewed by the two detectives/agents.

i didn't think they had any naturals like that left in hollywood.

Suited wins this battle of the gifs.

So is this a mystery show? Like The Fugitive TV show from the 50's? Will they not be able to keep extending it going several seasons because it has to end and everyone knows that shows like How I Met Your Mother are stupid if they are stretched out too long?

It's an anthology. This season is entirely one story start to finish. Next season will be an entirely new cast, set in a different time and place with no relationship to this season on screen. Should allow them to continue to get actors who don't want to commit to a long tv show.

Really? I guess that's a disappointment, because I like Matthew McConaughey so much.

It's an Anthology format, so each season will be a brand new cast of characters/brand new story. Kinda like American Horror Story.

edit. I should read the whole thread before I respond.

I think its great. American Horror story is one of the best shows on TV, and it allows a series to tell a story over a reasonable arc. Homeland and The Killing could have benefited from this structure. In a way, the Wire had a modified version of this structure, with 1 year arc stories, though obviously characters carried over from year to year.

It would be cool if they kept getting top Hollywood actors/actresses to sign on for 8 episodes at a time. I wonder what the total time commitment is like compared to doing a big budget movie.

Agreed. The way Mcconaughey plays the past version compared to the present version is awesome too. They are both jaded/troubled, but in an entirely different way. Cohle is a great character. Episode 3 was fantastic.