• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nailed it

ah the "feminine mystique" defense. classic SA.

i don't care how inattentive your father is, an 8 year old girl doesn't arrange her dolls in a gang bang unless she's seen that somewhere. quit lying bro.

Rumor is that Brad Pitt may star in season 2.

Hank and Mexico summed up my thoughts on the finale. It was good, but I felt a bit letdown by the way the last few episodes went. Episodes 4 and 5 were really spectacular, so maybe the problem is just that the series peaked a little too early.

I expected a bit more mystery though, by the way the show had been going up til the finale. I thought there would be some weird, possibly semi-metaphysical mystery that they finally solved, but instead they sort of just found that the really bad guy was this dude who we all thought it was, and then they got him.

Still loved the show overall, and am excited to see what they do next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe the new season will be in the same universe, but different location, cops, etc.

Maybe this happens for several seasons and then all the seasons get tied together in an amazing series finale.

Hank and Mexico summed up my thoughts on the finale. It was good, but I felt a bit letdown by the way the last few episodes went. Episodes 4 and 5 were really spectacular, so maybe the problem is just that the series peaked a little too early.

I expected a bit more mystery though, by the way the show had been going up til the finale. I thought there would be some weird, possibly semi-metaphysical mystery that they finally solved, but instead they sort of just found that the really bad guy was this dude who we all thought it was, and then they got him.

Still loved the show overall, and am excited to see what they do next season.

i hear ya. to me it was like they were building a 10-12 episode story arc that was going to massive and sprawling. then HBO was like

29wmlc9.png

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I love Pitt. I think he is a Winner and a top shelf movie star. But his actual acting chops are so bad, I am trying to imagine what kind of character could both be the star of that show and be pulled off by Pitt.

#whatsinthebooooxxxx

As long as there's something in a box, I'm sure he'll do fine.

EDIT: wtf, did I blank out your hashtag or did you edit it in?

You blanked it. That hashtag was the keystone for that whole post.

I love Pitt. I think he is a Winner and a top shelf movie star. But his actual acting chops are so bad, I am trying to imagine what kind of character could both be the star of that show and be pulled off by Pitt.

A) I disagree that his acting chops are bad. I think he's quite effective at the roles he gets, he just don't really challenge himself often. He's been in some great movies, and some challenging parts.

B) If I'd asked you, 18 months ago, who was the better actor, MM or Pitt, I'd bet dollars to donuts you'd have picked Pitt. Give the show creators credit at giving an actor a role they can pull off.

Brad Pitt can't act. He is a movie star, but he can't act.

Watch him in 12 years a slave and he's a goddamn novice compared to fassbender, ejiofor, and Benedict cumberbatch. Even giamatti.

I think he was good in moneyball, great in tree of life, great (and misunderstood) in INglourious Basterds, Good in a tough role in Ben Button, great in a quirky role in Burn after Reading, hot as hell in Troy, Great in a random quirky role in snatch, great in flight club, underrated in meet joe black, great in 12 monkeys, Yes, he is limited and there are some things he can't do well, and he's certainly not in the Fassbender/cumberbatch tier.. But I wouldn't have put MM anywhere close to that tier either, until the past 18 months.

• Like 2

A) I disagree that his acting chops are bad. I think he's quite effective at the roles he gets, he just don't really challenge himself often. He's been in some great movies, and some challenging parts.

B) If I'd asked you, 18 months ago, who was the better actor, MM or Pitt, I'd bet dollars to donuts you'd have picked Pitt. Give the show creators credit at giving an actor a role they can pull off.

A) I think Pitt is great in almost all the roles he gets. When he does challenge himself -- as he did in Sev7n (or wherever the 7 goes), and as I'm imagining he would have to for TD -- it's kind of embarrassing. He is a movie star, not an artist.

B) I will make an amendment to this: if asked 18 mo ago, I should have taken Pitt, but I wouldn't have. Because my go-to reel of Pitt is the "what's in the booooxxx" scene, and I inexplicably love MM and would have taken up his case.

And just because we didn't know MM was secretly an acting genius doesn't mean every campy or mainstream actor we laugh at is.

Maybe he'd be great, but again, I can't imagine what that role would look like and will be pretty concerned about the direction if the show if he really is going to be the star.

---

I actually think my favorite Pitt performance was Burn After Reading. I think he killed that role.

And look, would I rather have Fassbender? yes.. but he's busy getting that paper. I'd also vote for Cumberbatch, but he's already playing that role, in it's original incarnation, in Sherlock. and is ****ing AMAZING in it. Anyone not watching Sherlock, is missing out. Every episode is 90 minutes long, it's like they put out 3 short movies every other year and it's god.

• Like 1

yes. sherlock is the tits and frankly if cumberbatch tried to do a cop role, i would have a hard time remembering that he wouldn't be playing sherlock in said vehicle.

I think he was good in moneyball, great in tree of life, great (and misunderstood) in INglourious Basterds, Good in a tough role in Ben Button, great in a quirky role in Burn after Reading, hot as hell in Troy, Great in a random quirky role in snatch, great in flight club, underrated in meet joe black, great in 12 monkeys, Yes, he is limited and there are some things he can't do well, and he's certainly not in the Fassbender/cumberbatch tier.. But I wouldn't have put MM anywhere close to that tier either, until the past 18 months.

I agree with all of this.

Brad Pitt rumors still floating but not even close to confirmed. As far as what season 2 might be like:

Nic Pizzolatto: Okay. This is really early, but I'll tell you (it's about) hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system.

Here's the rest of the interview (which is all about season 1, not 2): http://www.hitfix.co...n-1/single-page

Also, Sherlock is fantastic. I haven't watched season 3 yet but I'm excited to. Cumberbatch is obviously a knockout but Martin Freeman has also now starred in 3 of the best tv shows of all time (The Office, Sherlock, and I'm calling it early but Fargo).

• 3 weeks later...