2013 Nhl Signings/trades

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So they sent him to Brodeur for mentoring on who not to sleep with?!

Waaaaa, you made fun of my team, now Im gonna cry.

New Jersey makes people homesick.

Because its not right for the competitiveness of the league..There is a salary cap for a reason..

There are recapture rules for a reason too.

How is it not right for the competitive of the league?

There are recapture rules for a reason too.

How is it not right for the competitive of the league?

Because they are circumventing cap again...Spin it anyway you want, call it retiring...ITs bullshit and you know it..

I guarantee you Gary Bettman and Lou planned this all along...

Recapture rules arent in place for situations like this..They are in place to deter from stupid front end loaded contracts..Which ironically Kovalchuk is the precedent setter there as well..

The Devils fans get screwed..Thats the bottom line..

Do you actually believe that Lou had NO idea this was going to happen last year or even 2 years ago? Is Kovalchuk that mean to not tell Lou about this till after free agency period?

The Devils, NHL and Kovalchuk had the save face...This was the best way to do it...

How is it circumvention when it's well within the rules?

Everything else was in the rules, doesnt mean its not circumvention..

Because they are circumventing cap again...Spin it anyway you want, call it retiring...ITs bullshit and you know it..

I guarantee you Gary Bettman and Lou planned this all along...

Recapture rules arent in place for situations like this..They are in place to deter from stupid front end loaded contracts..Which ironically Kovalchuk is the precedent setter there as well..

The Devils fans get screwed..Thats the bottom line..

Do you actually believe that Lou had NO idea this was going to happen last year or even 2 years ago? Is Kovalchuk that mean to not tell Lou about this till after free agency period?

The Devils, NHL and Kovalchuk had the save face...This was the best way to do it...

lol youre getting a little far off with this. Gary and Lou planned this? They planned on having one of the best players in the world voluntarily leave the league for 5 years, leaving $77M on the table?

lol youre getting a little far off with this. Gary and Lou planned this? They planned on having one of the best players in the world voluntarily leave the league for 5 years, leaving $77M on the table?

You dont think the NHL is a huge beneficiary of this?

The Devils can now be sold.. The team has been stripped of all that money and is more attractive..The timing is perfect since Lou doesnt have to answer to fans and media on why he didnt spend the money in free agency.. I am almost certain this was planned from last year when Parise was "let go"...

Lou is a very smart man...If Kovalchuk announces his retirement before July 4, Lou has to answer to fans why he isnt resigning David Clarkson to the ridicolous term/money that he got from the Leafs..This way its so much easier...No room really to sign him..We have to let him go..

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY ZERO CHANCE that Lou didnt know about this

I think there is a good chance that this was all agreed to right after the lock out so that Kovy would come back without things getting messy and finish last season and then be able to play in Russia like he wants.

I think there is a good chance that this was all agreed to right after the lock out so that Kovy would come back without things getting messy and finish last season and then be able to play in Russia like he wants.

This wouldn't surprise me.

I think the Blues trade was pretty stupid because they are still left in a situation where they're gonna have to make another trade (like DM said). If MPS not being top six was a problem in edmonton, it's still going to be a problem in st. louis.

is that sarcasm?

I mean, I think he's a great player, and could put up great numbers. I'm just wondering if you're being a jerk to me :(

don't get my hopes up. it's mean.

No, I legitimately believe Perron is going to skyrocket in Edmonton. His hands and skills are otherworldly, if he kicks the injury bug and connects with one of the Oil centers, watch out.

isn't Perron a center himself?

NHL.com lists him as a LW, I don't know how he was used in St. Louis. His skillset is that of a winger for sure.

possibly...But we know that the highly sought after players get signed within the first couple of hours..