~~**official 2012/13 Ufa/rfa/trade Talk**~~

I guess the first 4 years he gets 13 mil signing and 1 mil season salary. So basically if Nashville matches they owe Weber 27 million dollars before they have the chance to trade him.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Excellent points Adam. I really agree with your take on Luongo, he reputation is so much worse then his actual play.I dont get why Vanoucver would be a good place, or why they would be so eager to sig

All I know is I'm going to be a very happy Ryan Ellis owner if Suter and Weber both ship out of town.

That could be a good line for the total NHL points on the season by everyone traded today.

I don't know... in terms of marketplace viability I think the Preds have to sign him and then pray for a lockout.
I disagree. Shea Weber isn't LeBron James, he isn't making Nashville a viable hockey market or not. The way to build a viable sports franchise in a difficult environment is not to overpay a star player (unless we're talking about a Crosby/Ovechkin MVP-candidate), but to build a consistent winner. I don't think paying Weber $8M/year for 14 years and giving up 4 1sts to do so is the Preds best way to build a winning team.
All I know is I'm going to be a very happy Ryan Ellis owner if Suter and Weber both ship out of town.
I think that will make Roman Josi their number 1 d-man
I wonder if Ryan goes soon now. I could see Pittsburgh go after him.
I still don't see why the Ducks would ever trade Ryan? What would they have to (realistically) get back for that to make sense? How often does a team get a young, relatively cheap and super talented forward? Isn't that what you rebuild FOR?
I still don't see why the Ducks would ever trade Ryan? What would they have to (realistically) get back for that to make sense? How often does a team get a young, relatively cheap and super talented forward? Isn't that what you rebuild FOR?
He's not really that cheap at a $5.1 cap hit, he tied his lowest production season last year, and he wants to be traded so he can start fresh somewhere that isn't constantly shopping him.

From what I read the Ducks would be looking for forwards in return for Ryan. The Pens have Dmen coming out of their ears but no extra forwards to give away. Unless something changes I have a hard time believing this will happen.

From what I read the Ducks would be looking for forwards in return for Ryan. The Pens have Dmen coming out of their ears but no extra forwards to give away. Unless something changes I have a hard time believing this will happen.
Buffalo can make a forwards-based trade work, but I doubt it will happen because Darcy doesn't lose trades and Anaheim isn't giving Ryan up for anything less than overpayment.I'd be happy to see something like this happen:GerbeLeinoLuke Adam2nd Round 2013Gerbe and Leino make Ryan's salary a wash for both sides, Adam is a former 49-goal scoring Q center and an AHL rookie of the year who is basically redundant in Buffalo's system now (with the addition of Grigorenko and Girgensons who both bump him down the chart, plus Hodgson's addition and the emergence of Ennis as a solid center). Two NHL-ready top six forwards, a very good prospect and a decent pick.
James Neal tho
James Neal tho
I've gotta believe the Stars didn't think Neal would be Neal without Richards. Probably would have been right...if it wasn't for that meddling Malkin. <grin>
373598_214293031918296_1091315267_n.jpgthankfully Weber signs with Nashville. Gotta love a flyer's failure in the middle of July.*obviously not devastating for the flyers and could prove to be a blessing in disguise but I still enjoy it currently.
the preds should have let him walk. that contract was idiotic.
I agree. I guess if there's a guy who's worth the contract it would have to be Weber, but I don't think there's a player you lock up for 14 years when he's about to be 27 years old. . 14 years at 82 games per is 1148 total games. Only the top 125 players in league history have played that many games or more...and that's not taking into account that Weber is already on career game #480. Add them up and that gives you 1628 career games at the end of the contract (admittedly, that's "possible" games...we all know he isn't playing them all) which would put him at #8 on the all time list behind Stevens, Andreychuk, Chelios, Recchi, Francis, Messier and Howe. So yeah, it's an ambitious contract term to say the absolute least.

Lots of disagreements to come... :)Adam, that possible trade should not only make you happy, it should make you eternally grateful. Leino no one wants at that contract, and I don't know if many teams would want a Gerbe. I also really disagree with you guys on Nashville matching. It was the right move in my opinion, not sure how you overpay for possibly the best D in the league. Four picks are not worth it, and nearly every team in the NHL will ask for him next year in a trade. That, and the organization can't afford to let him go. Also, the RFA process makes me laugh. I wish so called NHL fans would stop wondering why more teams don't sign players to offer sheets. And, Philly didn't lose a thing, they just tried, didn't work.

Philly didn't lose a thing but they failed. And I enjoyed it.Agree that Nashville didn't really have a choice. Hopefully the fans do their part by attending and hopefully they continue to compete.

Lots of disagreements to come... :)Adam, that possible trade should not only make you happy, it should make you eternally grateful. Leino no one wants at that contract, and I don't know if many teams would want a Gerbe.I also really disagree with you guys on Nashville matching. It was the right move in my opinion, not sure how you overpay for possibly the best D in the league. Four picks are not worth it, and nearly every team in the NHL will ask for him next year in a trade. That, and the organization can't afford to let him go.Also, the RFA process makes me laugh. I wish so called NHL fans would stop wondering why more teams don't sign players to offer sheets.And, Philly didn't lose a thing, they just tried, didn't work.
Like, people seem to think it's easy to sign players to offer sheets. Randoms are like, why are we not throwing an offer sheet at player x??????????? He has to want to sign it, and he has to be prepared for the possibility that it's matched and he gets that contract in the same city, blah blah blah. I hate the off-season, so many idiots out on the boards.