Official 2012 Trade Deadline Thread

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Jones to the Pens please? Or Hejduk?
adater ‏ @adater Avs are done for the day. Jones, etc., won't be traded. Good day alltbh I don't think the Duke has much left in the tank, he has 2 goals in his last 21 games. And yes I am happy the got McGinn for sure

I knew Nash wouldn't get traded I am glad the Leafs didn't do anything major as well. I want the team in place to rebound on its own.Going to listen to prime time now so Bobcat could say how retarded all the hype is towards trade deadline day.TSN home page is wayyyyyyy overhyped. http://www.tsn.ca/

Looks like Paul Gaustad to Nashville at the last second. 1st round pick coming back. I like it, this is the draft to load up on high picks for sure.
Heard earlier that the asking price for Gaustad was a first. Preds are absolutely insane to give it up, so good for Buffalo.
Looks like Paul Gaustad to Nashville at the last second. 1st round pick coming back. I like it, this is the draft to load up on high picks for sure.
Waaaaay too much for Gaustad....this VAN/BUF trade doesnt make much sense either.
Waaaaay too much for Gaustad....this VAN/BUF trade doesnt make much sense either.
Makes sense for Buffalo...I hate to lose Kassian but if we're getting Cody Hodgson back I'm good with it.
wowww, give up Gaustad and Kassian, and get a first and Hodgson. Regier must have naked pictures from the last GM meetings or something. Gaustad is a UFA for chrissakes.
That's the thing about Regier...he vastly overvalues his assets but somehow ends up getting what he wants from desperate GM's.
That's the thing about Regier...he vastly overvalues his assets but somehow ends up getting what he wants from desperate GM's.
This was said about Nashville this morning when they picked up Kostitsyn -- nice move but not enough to put Nashville over the time. Gaustad, I guess, was the other shoe dropping at the last second.

Pretty obviously that Nashville is going all in for this season. probably not a bad move in the position they are in with all the free agents they have.

Yeck. Their already calling this Cam Neely for a bag of pucks part 2 in Vancouver. I could understand trading Cody because this is our now or never time but this trade doesnt help us right now. Cody has great hockey sense and a elite level sniper shot. He will get 40 goals in Buffalo sooner then later. He ripped the organization a couple years ago in the media about how he got his back hurt and the teams responce and that probally played the biggest factor in the trade today. Hope Kassian can play a huge role in the playoofs but I have my doubts he will have the same impact as having a clutch sniper like cody on the 3rd line when the Sedins are getting shut down.

I rather have hodgson but I guess the team figured long term the 2 players they got outweighed the loss and probably figured they would be ok putting Pahlson or Maholtra on the 3rd line since they have more experience and I guess they want it to be our shut down line come playoff time.