Official 2012 Trade Deadline Thread

I'm pretty surprised at the Hodgson for Kassian Trade. I feel like that one could really backfire on Vancouver in the future.I'm ok with the Aulie for Carter deal. Makes sense to move some of our prospect depth up to forward. Never been a huge Ashton Carter fan, but that probably means he'll be a star.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ok with the Aulie for Carter deal. Makes sense to move some of our prospect depth up to forward. Never been a huge Ashton Carter fan, but that probably means he'll be a star.
Forget about the kid from That 70's Show and Punk'd, what do you think of Carter Ashton?
I'm pretty surprised at the Hodgson for Kassian Trade. I feel like that one could really backfire on Vancouver in the future.I'm ok with the Aulie for Carter deal. Makes sense to move some of our prospect depth up to forward. Never been a huge Ashton Carter fan, but that probably means he'll be a star.
I ve heard some great things about Ashton. Im also a big Aulie fan, good trade for both teams with two players with good upsides..I m really glad Burke didnt panic and make a big stupid trade for the sake of making a trade.And good job Sabres Kassian is a goof,goon,ass that i hate...Gragnani is meh...Hodgson has huge upside.

It was funny hearing Ray Ferraro talk about his son, relative to Ashton.In that FCHL draft, I was planning on taking one or the other early in the 3rd round. I don't remember which order it went though. Either I took Ferraro, then Steve took Ashton, or vice-versa. Not sure I wouldn't swap them out now, Ferraro has been a bit of a disappointment.I like the trade for the Leafs. Some will say he's probably just a fringe 2nd liner, at his peak, but what it does is shifts some balance in your prospect pipeline. You had a lot of good young d-men coming up, so it's dealing from a position of strength, to a position of relative weakness. With Kadri, Colborne, Frattin, McKegg, and now Ashton, you've got a slightly better chance that one or more of them become decent NHL players, despite the lack of a real blue-chip prospect.

It's too bad we didn't have particularly good record keeping practices throughout the history of the FCHL. However, I know that both Ashton and Ferraro went in the 3rd round in 2009. I took Ferraro at #33, which is the 3rd pick of the round.I know Jeff had #31 (unless he traded it away), and I'm guessing DaveyG had the #32. Steve finished higher than me in the standings, so I'm guessing he took Ashton at 34. I then took Silfverberg at 35, where I wanted Ashton. Weird how it works out.Ferraro has 6+9 in 41 games in his first AHL season.Ashton has 19+16 in 56 games in his first AHL season.Silfverberg, honestly, who I think will be better than either of them, has 21+26 in 45 games in the SEL, as a 21-year old, which is fantastic.It's possible Steve had DaveyG's 2009 3rd (32nd), taking Ashton before I took Ferraro, because I can't find record of DaveyG's 3rd that year, he could have traded it to someone else, though. Steve did have 2 2009 3rds, too. Anything is possible.

Hmmm, Carter Ashton didn't go until 43rd overall, a bunch of picks after Ferraro.I kinda remember now, hoping he would come back to me at 48.Good god, I picked CPZ one spot before Ashton. Holy homers batman!

Silfverberg, honestly, who I think will be better than either of them, has 21+26 in 45 games in the SEL, as a 21-year old, which is fantastic.
I wouldnt be so quick to judge him based on SEL scoring, personally.
I wouldnt be so quick to judge him based on SEL scoring, personally.
Well, it's not just that, but they said he would have made the Sens out of camp this season, but wanted to do one last year in Sweden. He's basically a lock for team next season. As big a lock as you can get for a guy with 0 NHL experience while we're still in the season prior.
Sulzer for Gragnani in there too.
Evens things out a little.
I liked the Leafs deal too. Not a big move, but I like picking up an F for a D, I like picking up a player with at least top-line potential over a depth player, even with less certainty, given the Leafs situation right now. I think the Lightning made a better trade, given their needs, but that it was good for the Leafs too.
I hate the Hodgson trade. Awful.
This has been the opinion of every Canucks fan I've heard from...but surprisingly all the pundits are calling it pretty even. That's just because they've never seen Gragnani play...I'm sorry in advance for all the turnovers he'll be responsible for.
As an AVS fan, today doesn't feel like a good day. I really don't understand this trade.
So far so good. McGuin is turning out some serios offensive production. I still like Galliardi but ill forget his jersey number pretty soon if this keeps up.