• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the difference between a particular gene sequence in an abstract sense and a particular gene sequence that exists within a cell? Can you explain the difference in a way that doesn't boil down

This is pretty funny. The problem isn't the itty bitty details. The problem is Romney refuses to say if he's going to play Poker or Go Fish with the cards, and is on record as saying he doesn't know

I see.   I'd rather give the poor tax breaks than give them welfare. As a general rule. Let them keep their money to live on rather than take their money and then provide for them.

But do we not all agree that society is better off when people who seek birth control have access to it? I mean this both socially and economically.

there are people out there (and possibly here) that think high schools should only be teaching abstinence. I don't have hope for ever reaching a consensus here.

But do we not all agree that society is better off when people who seek birth control have access to it? I mean this both socially and economically.
oh I don't think anybody would disagree with this. luckily there's no problem with access at all.
So women who buy condoms by the case are less likely to have lots of sex?I don't think the math works out the way you are saying it does....
I guess this is old news, but condoms are...not a good, nor popular form of conception for women. I really wanted to make a balloon joke here.
I was clearly talking about a line on the application where you have to check a box if you're a slut or not.
I thought that was "for office use only."
i have no problem with birth control, i also have no problem with her being a slut if she likes, i have no problem with her being a prude...i have problem with the fact that she thinks others should pay for it. it drives me crazy that intelligent people don't understand it is ok, good and should common place that you whoever you are pay for your needs. if you can't support the pill find a clinic for a condom whatever but it take care of it by your damn self like a normal person who contributes something to the greater good. wait - she is in law school forget all greater good and contributing anything worthwhile part, we'll stick with just pay your own bill.
I hope that you never have had sex without both people being tested first and wearing full dams, work out twice a day, never eat junk food, don't smoke and don't drink. otherwise, you are making decisions that are potentially costly to your health for selfish reasons, and "expecting others to pay for it" by potentially making insurance claims against the result of those health-poor decisions.
I guess it should have been "except for under wildly rare circumstances"
Apology accepted.
ummm I think you just agreed with me brv, which would mean disagreeing with yourself.
1). As a side note, beliefs don't equal actions2). If those beliefs are criminal, then they can be restricted.3). No one was discussing anything criminal, until you brought up dwarf murder.4). The constitution is pretty clear on all of this.

you mean like during an assembly or something? I'm picturing a bunch of kids in a gym and some guy running around with one of those t-shirt/potato gun type things shooting condoms into the stands. if that's what you mean then sure, I'm for it.

1000% yes.
Thanks, Randy Jackson.
you mean like during an assembly or something? I'm picturing a bunch of kids in a gym and some guy running around with one of those t-shirt/potato gun type things shooting condoms into the stands. if that's what you mean then sure, I'm for it.
I'm with Shake on this issue.
Does anyone think high schools should give out condoms or any form of birth control?
No. Schools are not parents, and should have a smaller role in parenting kids, not a larger role.Although, I would be fully on board with potato gun distribution.

I think someone blindfolded brvheart, spun him around ten times, and released him into this thread.

1). As a side note, beliefs don't equal actions
That is pretty close to exactly what I said in response to your post #1325, in which you claimed that "the government has no right to tell a religious institution what to believe.":
The government has no right to tell a religious institution what they can believe. It does have a right to tell a religious institution how they must act regardless of their religious beliefs.
We were discussing whether the government could compel a religious institution to pay for contraception, and you strangely claimed that they couldn't force a religious institution to believe something. I, like you, pointed out that beliefs are different than actions, and that the government is not trying to tell anyone what to believe. But surely they can compel a religious institution to follow the law.
2). If those beliefs are criminal, then they can be restricted.3). No one was discussing anything criminal, until you brought up dwarf murder.
We were discussing whether the government could prevent an institution from withholding contraception by law. I gotta say, when you first misunderstood the argument I made in post #1333, a rant grew inside of me. It was a long, nasty rant, borne out of years of a certain kind of person missing the point of that specific kind of argument. I developed it all in my head and then decided not to post it, because 1) it was going to be rather obnoxious and 2) I am in a liking brvheart phase, and I didn't want to bring the weight of all that experience down on your head unfairly when you were only one example of the phenomonen. But now that the misunderstanding has infected multiple pages, I just might have to write it out. It's festering inside me and I just don't know if I can contain it.
I think someone blindfolded brvheart, spun him around ten times, and released him into this thread.
Do we still say things like "post of the day?" Because this, this right here, this is great.
Thanks, Randy Jackson.
oh, we're in a fight now. I hate him so much; the fact that he survived the Idol purge makes me so angry.
No. Schools are not parents, and should have a smaller role in parenting kids, not a larger role.
Yeah, kids get condoms from their parents usually. That's definitely a normal role for parents: buying their child his first condom.

I don't think schools should give out birth control because just as vb said, it's a public health issue, and schools are not clinics, they're schools. though I have to warn anybody interested in challenging me on this that I actually don't care about this position at all and will NOT spend any additional time or energy considering it.

though I have to warn anybody interested in challenging me on this that I actually don't care about this position at all and will NOT spend any additional time or energy considering it.
That's good, because it's incredibly nonsensical.