I Have No Opinion On Contracts Thread 2011 Edition Part A

"In effort to attract our key demographic audience of senior executives and global business leaders, we're pleased to offer you a special discounted rate on the newly relaunched Bloomberg Businessweek."Ya, that sounds like me.
Got the same one -- figured it was Wired or something.
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll trade ya Blanks or Presley for him. If you get him, that is.p.s. did you figure out who the #1 guy on my list is yet? :club:
Haha, no actually. I thought it might be Cowgill. I have a couple ideas, but of the three I'd consider most likely, one has previously been in the MLB, another is not a really highly regarded prospect and the last is someone I doubt will be called up before the draft, so he'll just go there.I'm more a casual observer of the minors than researcher, so it is very likely that it is not one of those three.

Congrats Serge!Ok now that I got that out of the way it's time to talk about my car troubles. I have a 08 Hyundai Santa Fe which I've been completely happy with up until this point. Last Wednesday the check engine light came on and I called up my service center. No answer but I left a message. Typically they get back to me pretty quickly but it took another message and a few other call attempts and I finally got a hold of somebody on Monday...pretty ridiculous for a dealership. Anyway they said I could bring it in on Thursday which was a little long to wait but whatever I thought. I leave for work this morning and get about 2 miles away from my house when this happens (

). That's not my video but I had the same display but in addition had the check engine light on in the bottom left. My car topped out at like 25mph in a 45mph zone so I limped into the nearest parking lot. I was gonna call for a tow but turned off my car for a few moments and it came back up fine (still with check engine light though). I drove the 3 more miles and dropped it off at the dealership. Thankfully it's under warranty but I hate this waiting game to find out what's wrong.
Haha, no actually. I thought it might be Cowgill. I have a couple ideas, but of the three I'd consider most likely, one has previously been in the MLB, another is not a really highly regarded prospect and the last is someone I doubt will be called up before the draft, so he'll just go there.I'm more a casual observer of the minors than researcher, so it is very likely that it is not one of those three.
it's probably the third guy. I doubt he gets called up before the draft, but it's a possibility, and he's a first round talent (imo) if he does get called up. I'd use a non top 3 1st rounder on him if he doesn't get called up.
Congrats Serge!Ok now that I got that out of the way it's time to talk about my car troubles. I have a 08 Hyundai Santa Fe which I've been completely happy with up until this point. Last Wednesday the check engine light came on and I called up my service center. No answer but I left a message. Typically they get back to me pretty quickly but it took another message and a few other call attempts and I finally got a hold of somebody on Monday...pretty ridiculous for a dealership. Anyway they said I could bring it in on Thursday which was a little long to wait but whatever I thought. I leave for work this morning and get about 2 miles away from my house when this happens (
). That's not my video but I had the same display but in addition had the check engine light on in the bottom left. My car topped out at like 25mph in a 45mph zone so I limped into the nearest parking lot. I was gonna call for a tow but turned off my car for a few moments and it came back up fine (still with check engine light though). I drove the 3 more miles and dropped it off at the dealership. Thankfully it's under warranty but I hate this waiting game to find out what's wrong.
Sounds like it went into limp mode. It's kind of like a car's defensive mechanism when it knows somehting is wrong, and it doesn't want any more damage to be done. My guess is you have a problem with your throttle body/throttle actuator.

I tried sunny side up, but somehow screwed it up. No idea how. I've made 3 more since tossing that one, all perfectly, over hard even. Delicious breakfast. With some OJ and a couple small peaches.

Congrats Serge i always liked the name Mateo heard it in a rap freestyle by Biggie years ago. So its completely dead here in the park today so i get to relax a bit. Sitting down doing some paper work and a camp of about 20 kids pull up and the lady in charge says "do u give samples?"I have to say yes so she turns to all the kids and says free samples guys. **** me i would rather just give them a tub and leave me alone. I cant believe the nerve and pure shamelessness of some people.

I have to say yes so she turns to all the kids and says free samples guys. **** me i would rather just give them a tub and leave me alone. I cant believe the nerve and pure shamelessness of some people.
What a dumb bitch.

Word of advice to hospital rooms with new borns..Have a comfortable bed for the new dad as well...Not that hard to put a roll away bed in there..Didnt sleep much, came home now to take a quick nap and shower and back to hospital..Hospital room has a tv with 30 channels..but no Sportsnet..EPIC FAIL cant watch the Jays game.PS..For all the technie nerdy type guys that are good at stealing feeds..HOw can I watch the Jays game on my computer tonight..Thanks

I tried sunny side up, but somehow screwed it up. No idea how. I've made 3 more since tossing that one, all perfectly, over hard even. Delicious breakfast. With some OJ and a couple small peaches.
That is pretty healthy. I used to make 2-3 sunny side up, fry some bacon and just dump the whole thing on a piece of toast. When I was feeling energetic, I'd beat some extra egg and make the toast french toast-style.
Congrats Serge i always liked the name Mateo heard it in a rap freestyle by Biggie years ago. So its completely dead here in the park today so i get to relax a bit. Sitting down doing some paper work and a camp of about 20 kids pull up and the lady in charge says "do u give samples?"I have to say yes so she turns to all the kids and says free samples guys. **** me i would rather just give them a tub and leave me alone. I cant believe the nerve and pure shamelessness of some people.
Wow. I would've had the giant Chinese employee come out and pretend not to speak english.Well, I actually would've said something stern and dickish like "if you are expecting to make a purchase, I can give that person ONE or TWO samplles" but I'm an *******. The first one is funnier.
HOw can I watch the Jays game on my computer tonight..Thanks
MLB is pretty good at shutting down streams. All I know of that works is http://www.firstrowsports.eu/sport/baseball.htmlTypically you have to install Stream Torrent which as far as I know is safe. It's not the highest quality and the past few nights for Pirate games all I've gotten was audio but it was still better than nothing. Although with 2 games, 28 innings, 4 runs, 2 extra inning losses, and 1 pathetically horrible call nothing might have been the way to go. Then again Toronto teams as a whole are more familiar than Pittsburgh teams with losing so you're probably more prepared than me. :club:
MLB is pretty good at shutting down streams. All I know of that works is http://www.firstrowsports.eu/sport/baseball.htmlTypically you have to install Stream Torrent which as far as I know is safe. It's not the highest quality and the past few nights for Pirate games all I've gotten was audio but it was still better than nothing. Although with 2 games, 28 innings, 4 runs, 2 extra inning losses, and 1 pathetically horrible call nothing might have been the way to go. Then again Toronto teams as a whole are more familiar than Pittsburgh teams with losing so you're probably more prepared than me. :club:
Rasmus!

So, my boss is getting medical tests done today. He won't talk about what they're testing for, but has described the test in detail, and seems super-stressed about it.Basically, he's getting some radioactive dye injected in him, then has to go back a few hours later for x-rays and other tests.Anyone had this done before? What are they looking for?

Agreed! did they at least buy anything? or literally just come in for free samples and then leave?
Of course they didn't buy anything. Usually i will say because of peanut allergies we don't hand out samples to camp kids but this women caught me off guard first thing in the morning. Snyder, Rausmas, and Bautista is a pretty solid outfield. Use raja off the bench to pinch run late innings in a close game. Stealing second and third is almost a sure thing. Everytime Davis has stolen third he has scored this year.
So, my boss is getting medical tests done today. He won't talk about what they're testing for, but has described the test in detail, and seems super-stressed about it.Basically, he's getting some radioactive dye injected in him, then has to go back a few hours later for x-rays and other tests.Anyone had this done before? What are they looking for?
Sounds like they're testing for blockages in arteries and such.
I know when my Mom had breast cancer, she took a test similar to this, and she said it made her feel pretty horrible. I don't know exactly the purpose of the test though.I also had a similar test done when they were checking for kidney function. I didn't have to come back several hours later though, and it didn't have any side effects either.

A quick i hate montreal story. My bro-in-law is in town for the week and he tells me last month his biz partner's wife gets into a car accident with the two kids on board. The suv is a write off just to show how bad the accident is. This guy is a maniac on a normal day hearing his wife an kids are in trouble put him into super crazy maniac mode. So he guns it to the accident scene where the street is blocked off. First cop blocking the scene pulls him over and says liscense and registration. Cop wants to nail him for a seatbelt. He starts cursing at the cop saying its my wife and kids second cop hears the cursing runs over and says let him go.So get to the scene makes sure kids and wife is alright which miraculously they are so walking back to his car with wife and kids with him, original cop hands him a seatbelt ticket and says have a nice day.

Why didn't he just put his seat belt on?I would have to actively try to think about not doing it, in order to ever have no seat belt on in a car. It's that engrained into my brain.

Why didn't he just put his seat belt on?I would have to actively try to think about not doing it, in order to ever have no seat belt on in a car. It's that engrained into my brain.
Iam an automatic seatbelt guy myself but i guess his mind wasnt working straight. Regardless its not like he kept driving with it off he had arrived to the scene.
A quick i hate montreal story. My bro-in-law is in town for the week and he tells me last month his biz partner's wife gets into a car accident with the two kids on board. The suv is a write off just to show how bad the accident is. This guy is a maniac on a normal day hearing his wife an kids are in trouble put him into super crazy maniac mode. So he guns it to the accident scene where the street is blocked off. First cop blocking the scene pulls him over and says liscense and registration. Cop wants to nail him for a seatbelt. He starts cursing at the cop saying its my wife and kids second cop hears the cursing runs over and says let him go.So get to the scene makes sure kids and wife is alright which miraculously they are so walking back to his car with wife and kids with him, original cop hands him a seatbelt ticket and says have a nice day.
I like that they let him go first. Even that seems a bit of a surprise for cops. I hope his wife/kids were ok before giving him a ticket, but otherwise I'm cool with it.Ugh, my wife's first cousin passed away in a car accident recently. We aren't super-close because they live on the other side of the country, and the family has 15 siblings. The guy who died was in his 20's - his mother was in another city staying with her sister, as the sister had just been diagnosed with cancer. The father was coming to meet his son to have dinner together. There had been issues with the kid when he was younger, but they were largely reconciled. They found a note to his father in the car, in addition to about $1,000, that was to be the kid starting to pay back the parents for rehab and things like that. Worst part - the father actually came upon the accident since they take the same highway. He was stuck in traffic (caused by the accident) for a while - called his son to say he'd be late. Didn't get an answer, but knew the son would have been ahead of him on the same highway. Could tell the accident was cleared, so he walked up, both looking for his son's car that would also be stuck, but of course with the growing feeling of dread that any parent would have. Sure enough, he comes upon the accident, sees his son's car and loses his shit. Double worst part - he starts talking to the cops of course, freaking out about the accident. He tells them he recognizes the car and it is his son's. The cop tells him his son is fine, and on the way to the hospital. The dad gets to the hospital, they don't know what he's talking about. Drives back to the scene - finds out the cop misunderstood - the other car had a woman and child (who are fine), he had assumed he was referring to that child.Seems like it always works this way, but the police are pretty sure it was not his fault. The other woman was driving an SUV and drifted across the median. He swerved to get out of the way, she still hit the side of his car. Because he was swerving, he went hard into a ditch at a weird angle.Bleh, what an awful story. My wife and her family had only met the kid once, and that was 15 years ago, but that'd make me want to puke if it was a complete stranger. Can't imagine the parent's agony to go through something like this. Apparently they had to tell the mother and her sister on a cell phone in the mall. Not surprisingly they also had a moviesque public freakout.