I Have No Opinion On Contracts Thread 2011 Edition Part A

Thats a messed up story. It seems everywhere i drive i see makeshift memorials all over Toronto its crazy all of these accidents now. I drove by one about 3 weeks ago on black creek first thing in the morning its a staight 2 lane 70 zone. Sure enough next day driving home i see the flowers.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a messed up story. It seems everywhere i drive i see makeshift memorials all over Toronto its crazy all of these accidents now. I drove by one about 3 weeks ago on black creek first thing in the morning its a staight 2 lane 70 zone. Sure enough next day driving home i see the flowers.
Cellphones. Still.
Word of advice to hospital rooms with new borns..Have a comfortable bed for the new dad as well...Not that hard to put a roll away bed in there..Didnt sleep much, came home now to take a quick nap and shower and back to hospital..
When I sent you the text to congratulate, I hadnt read this. And its exactly the reason why I was also asking how you were doing. I understand us dads arent a priority, but I found it pretty brutal when my son was born. And we had to spend a few days extra in there because he had some issues, so I was constantly lacking sleep/totally stressed as a new Dad. Maybe easier for you having been thru this before, but I imagine its still a lot of lack of sleep going on.
Much like the Jays, i decided to shake things up..Great trade for the Jays by the way..Trade a bunch of crap and a semi prospect in Stewart for a potential perennial ALL STAR is Rasmus..
sorry if im going back to stuff you guys have alrweady discussed/wanted no part of, but, I gotta say, Alex A is slowly becoming my favourite GM in all sports. He continues to make moves that I love to see, very very active, and you can easily see his process and how hes rebuilding this team step by step. Just a great great job, and even if he gets some of them wrong, I dont care. I love that hes trying and not afraid to act.
When I sent you the text to congratulate, I hadnt read this. And its exactly the reason why I was also asking how you were doing. I understand us dads arent a priority, but I found it pretty brutal when my son was born. And we had to spend a few days extra in there because he had some issues, so I was constantly lacking sleep/totally stressed as a new Dad. Maybe easier for you having been thru this before, but I imagine its still a lot of lack of sleep going on.
LOL i thought you texted me after this..but its so true..We have a nice private room...They are charging $280 a night(not that I am paying, its covered with my insurance) but its not that hard to put a small bed there. There is lots of room for it.
sorry if im going back to stuff you guys have alrweady discussed/wanted no part of, but, I gotta say, Alex A is slowly becoming my favourite GM in all sports. He continues to make moves that I love to see, very very active, and you can easily see his process and how hes rebuilding this team step by step. Just a great great job, and even if he gets some of them wrong, I dont care. I love that hes trying and not afraid to act.
Can you imagine if we had the same payroll as the Yanks and Red Sox..Logically with moves like this we should demolish them in a short period of 5-10 years..However unfortunately as great moves as he is making , its still hard to compete with those payrolls.You are so right though..He targets his man and goes after him..Apparently he has been watching Rasmus for a long time.

I slept in a lounge chair overnight when my 2nd was born. A whole half of a room and they have a lounge chair. Not even a ****ing stool with it.

at Sick Kids hospital the room where my Niece was years ago had a parent's bed in it permanently. They just expected that the parents weren't going to be leaving the room.

at Sick Kids hospital the room where my Niece was years ago had a parent's bed in it permanently. They just expected that the parents weren't going to be leaving the room.
Sick Kids is a great hospital..However its not a hospital you want to be in, as it usually means you are high risk or there are problems..Some of the stuff you see there just breaks your heart.
Sick Kids is a great hospital..However its not a hospital you want to be in, as it usually means you are high risk or there are problems..Some of the stuff you see there just breaks your heart.
Breaks your heart, and when you leave, gives you lots of perspective too. Suddenly, the small things dont matter at all.This thread getting way too serious, Im gonna go watch Steve's movie for the first time to put a smile on my face. Cheers!
Yeah wasn't talking about a birth there but if a kid is there for something when they're older.My Sister In Law just retired as a nurse at Sick Kids and I know about how tough some of the stories can be. She worked mostly in the burn and plastic surgery unit and what she liked about that was that the kids got better there from the time they arrived to the time they left as opposed to the cancer unit for example.
Is that the actual name of the hospital?
Technically it's The Hospital For Sick Children but everybody just calls it Sick Kids.It's as good a children's hospital as there is in the World both for treatment and research into children's deseases.http://www.sickkids.ca/
Is that the actual name of the hospital?
Its the Hospital for Sick Children...Called Sick Kids for short..Its a world famous kids hospital.Bob, I commend all those nurses there like your sis in law..They do an amazing job.

Did I ever mention to you all how much I hate Thursdays when the Tigers are in town? I would suspect I have since I hate them so damn much but I could be wrong. Well anyway, I will complain again. Or for the first time.I hate Thursdays when the Tigers are in town.My commute home used to be about 35 minutes but then in May they decided to shut down the freeway I used till late October. So now I had to take a new way home which not only adds an extra 18 miles a day to my round trip commute, it has also added about 20 minutes on average to my ride home. We already know how much I hate my job as it is but with a close to an hour ride home I hate it even more. Also the extra gas expense doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy either. But the problem with Thursdays is that my new way home takes right past Comerica Park. On days like today, when the Tigers are playing their usual afternoon Thursday game, my commute now takes over 2 hours because we take the regular traffic and add 20K tiger fans heading home after the game and they all go north because no one goes South farther into Detroit. Last time I tried a different way home suggested to me by a coworker. I now believe the coworker does not like me. It took about 1.5 hours to get home but it put me through a horrible part of town by way of side streets and I didn't feel very safe where I was. There is another way I could go but it does take me another 10 miles out of my way so the time difference might not be there. I hate Thursdays when the Tigers are home.What I do like is burnt ruffles. That was yummy.

Here is a fun little story ..My dad who is a doctor as most know , looks after several nursing homes in the city along with his practice.One of the nursing homes is Seven Oaks which happens to be across from the hospital we are at now Centenary Hospital.Last week the staff on the 4th floor hit the lottery...Lotto Max prize of around $15 million..Apparently they are splitting it roughly 35 ways for about $400K..My dad is one of the doctors that looks after the 5th and 7th floors..So he wasnt involved in the lottery..Lot of nurses and some doctors are taking home a nice payday...They all contribute $1 a week..Dont feel sorry for my dad as a year and a half ago he won a nice little prize.

Here is a fun little story ..My dad who is a doctor as most know , looks after several nursing homes in the city along with his practice.One of the nursing homes is Seven Oaks which happens to be across from the hospital we are at now Centenary Hospital.Last week the staff on the 4th floor hit the lottery...Lotto Max prize of around $15 million..Apparently they are splitting it roughly 35 ways for about $400K..My dad is one of the doctors that looks after the 5th and 7th floors..So he wasnt involved in the lottery..Lot of nurses and some doctors are taking home a nice payday...They all contribute $1 a week..Dont feel sorry for my dad as a year and a half ago he won a nice little prize.
lucky for the hospital that it was split 35 ways, and not 10 or less, or they'd be looking for a bunch of new employees.
lucky for the hospital that it was split 35 ways, and not 10 or less, or they'd be looking for a bunch of new employees.
Ya $400k is good money but not enough to give a good job over...Especially if you are someone under 50 years old.
Yeah, general consensus amongst non-Toronto writers is that AA is completely awesome. I like him in interviews too - he is willing to actually reveal information, but still plays it pretty tight to the vest.I read a quote from one of the major ESPN writers recently that AA makes more calls than any other GM. Considering he's been able to put together several deals that address the other teams needs, I'd guess teams are still going to be very happy to work with him, even if most think he keeps getting the best of them.
I read a quote from one of the major ESPN writers recently that AA makes more calls than any other GM. Considering he's been able to put together several deals that address the other teams needs, I'd guess teams are still going to be very happy to work with him, even if most think he keeps getting the best of them.
I read the same quote, I think on twitter. Imagine how obvious it must be if its being reported. I hope the hype machine doesnt go overdrive on him, I think some GM's would start to be more gunshy around him. At least they would try and find alternates if at all possible.