How's This For Polite

This is you trying to discredit my post by pointing out that I edited it even though I didn't change the meaning. This is petty and amusing.I did the calculations in my head so there is nothing to show you. I didn't use Bayesian inference as I am unfamiliar with the incidence of this crime in Georgia or the entire USA for that matter and it relies on the probability of guilt which I, like Gardner-Medwin, don't believe to be an accurate measurement. Instead, I considered the three propositions used by Gardner-Medwin which are as follows:1) The known facts and testimony could have arisen if the defendant is guilty,2) The known facts and testimony could have arisen if the defendant is innocent,3) The defendant is guilty.Based on the story we have I believe 1 and not 2 which makes the shooter guilty, imo. If a witness or the shooter comes forward with facts or testimony supporting 2 then I will reconsider my position. My calculations lead me to believe the shooter was not in imminent danger and probably used "deadly force to repel a non-deadly attack" so, no, I don't think your (nor the Marine's) alleged knowledge of guns, distances, etc, is relevant.Simply my response to such things as "drooling retard" and "addled primate."
Oh, ok.Well, glad you cleared all of that up with your nebulous internal calculations of a story without the necessary detail to come to a conclusion. We get it, you "believe" the shooter was a psychopath who should be in the military.Got it. Now run along - your contribution to the thread is no longer just a matter of vapid assumption, but now you're ruining the fun.
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, ok.Well, glad you cleared all of that up with your nebulous internal calculations of a story without the necessary detail to come to a conclusion. We get it, you "believe" the shooter was a psychopath who should be in the military.Got it. Now run along - your contribution to the thread is no longer just a matter of vapid assumption, but now you're ruining the fun.
LOLNo, I don't believe the shooter should be in the military, but he certainly seems better qualified for that than he does for functioning in society.Are you simply amusing yourself around here or do you actually dislike yourself? I'm just curious because it would be completely understandable if you do dislike yourself as it may have been passed down genetically from your parents who may also have disliked themselves so much they chose to breed outside their own race.
LOLNo, I don't believe the shooter should be in the military, but he certainly seems better qualified for that than he does for functioning in society.
Got it. You believe the shooter is a psychopath who seems better qualified for the military than functioning in society. I've written your beliefs down in my journal so I can reference them later. Thank you for the clarification.
Are you simply amusing yourself around here or do you actually dislike yourself? I'm just curious because it would be completely understandable if you do dislike yourself as it may have been passed down genetically from your parents who may also have disliked themselves so much they chose to breed outside their own race.
That's better, back to the fun.

Wow, talk about logic you guys are all idiots that couldn't put an 8 piece puzzle together.This is the south and the guy was coming home from a Tim McGraw concert. Judging by the pic, he has a beer belly so obviously the guy was drunk. He stopped so his niece could pee, which means he was letting her drink as well so she was obviously about 18 years old and pretty hot looking in her mini-skirt and cowboy boots and had been shaking her shit all night causing the old fat drunk guy's head to swell with resentment over how his life had turned out, since he was such a loser, a schmuck that had never had sex till he was 23 in the first place missing out on all the young booty and earning him the nickname "solo" from hisonly friends, the dork ass nerds in school.At this point it's pretty obvious what happened. The drunk never gave a description of the man or the car. Why? Why does he only refer to him as a "gentleman"? Because the guy is black. As he enters the store a young black male who is on the smaller side, the type of guy who is used to being verbally abused and treated with bigotry, a guy that probably just lost his job and the company used the excuse that it was cutting back when in reality it was about the time he would have received benefits to help pay for his daughters medical bills that were mounting, medical bills because her mother was a crack whore who partook during pregnancy and has since run off leaving the weight of the world on his ever burdensome shoulders. What was his degree worth for after spending $25K on student loans for community college? And of course he has a gun, what normal black dude living in Atlanta carrying children around doesn't. You never know when you are going to get hit from either a gangbanger or some drunk ass cracker and you have a family to protect. Goddam, US of A where everyone over 12 owns two guns and he's thinking, " Why couldn't I have been born in England?"So here he is going in the store to grab a orange juice to stop the daughter in the car seat from whining from her childhood ailments and damn how was he going to afford more medicine, when this drunk ass cracker starts mouthing at him and using derogatory racial terms about how "brothers" don't know their place. Is it his fault the drunk ass loser didn't hear him mumble thanks? MF wouldn't know African American Vernacular English if it hit him in the face. So as he heads to his car this drunk ass KKK wannabe keeps mouthin' and chasin' him around and follows him to the goddam car? He was rushing back to the car in case someone called the police for leaving a child unattended and he had to reach in under the seat for the gun just to be careful since that honky loser was still following him around running his mouth, and he was starting to sweat as his daughter was looking worse now and he might have to rush her to the ER, another thing he couldn't afford but no doctors would even let him in the door without insurance and as he turns around he sees a metal flash as the guy is rushing towards him. Before he knows it the gun goes off. Crap, is it his fault the flash of metal was a foot wide cowboy ass beltbuckle? Asswipe asked for it though, and really he has no time to stay and chat since he has to get his daughter some help....So now this drunk ass cracker is sobered up and soaking up all the attention and trying to lay blame on someone else for his dimwitted blurry actions that he honestly only half remembers and isn't about to accept the blame or face the facts that he is still a loser, a loser that can't wait to get away from this interview and go home and jack off to the thought of the hot tv reporter and lay on his ass and collect unemployment and sympathy for as long as he can soak it up. He's thinking that if he lays it on thick enough the local bar will hold a charity for him like that other sick kid or something they did, and maybe he can milk his time off work for another 6 months or so.

I'm really confused at the drastic racial turn this thread has taken.

This is what happens when people stop being polite...and start getting real.
Truuueee STOrrryyYYYReal World: FCPSkel: Look, look. I'm not really saying anything here, I'm just... I'm just...Jublank: USA! What're you a commie?!Skel: No... listen, that's not fair...Randy: Where's the beer? Skel: Seriously, Jub, listen...Jublank: BG, put out that fucking cigar!Skel: Jub, pay attention. Listen, we're all here together right, and I'm just saying...Randy: Puzzles! Bible VERSES! GAY SANDALS!Skel: Jub, listen, I'm not saying... I'm not saying.VB: Has anyone seen my notes?Jub: Where did you come from VB? I thought you were in the Books room?Skel: Jub, seriously man, listen, I'm not saying that I'm saying anything, I'm just sayingBG: God loves Jesus and Jesus loves republicans.Randy: OH MAN... BIBLE VERSE DUDE! I'm gonna quote so many bible verses once I find my beer.Skel: Listen, Jub. Not a big deal, ok. I don't really have a position I'm just saying...Spade: SHUT THE FUCK UP.Digmonk: lol baby killer for freedom psychopath in my calculation
Wow, talk about logic you guys are all idiots that couldn't put an 8 piece puzzle together.This is the south and the guy was coming home from a Tim McGraw concert. Judging by the pic, he has a beer belly so obviously the guy was drunk. He stopped so his niece could pee, which means he was letting her drink as well so she was obviously about 18 years old and pretty hot looking in her mini-skirt and cowboy boots and had been shaking her shit all night causing the old fat drunk guy's head to swell with resentment over how his life had turned out, since he was such a loser, a schmuck that had never had sex till he was 23 in the first place missing out on all the young booty and earning him the nickname "solo" from hisonly friends, the dork ass nerds in school.At this point it's pretty obvious what happened. The drunk never gave a description of the man or the car. Why? Why does he only refer to him as a "gentleman"? Because the guy is black. As he enters the store a young black male who is on the smaller side, the type of guy who is used to being verbally abused and treated with bigotry, a guy that probably just lost his job and the company used the excuse that it was cutting back when in reality it was about the time he would have received benefits to help pay for his daughters medical bills that were mounting, medical bills because her mother was a crack whore who partook during pregnancy and has since run off leaving the weight of the world on his ever burdensome shoulders. What was his degree worth for after spending $25K on student loans for community college? And of course he has a gun, what normal black dude living in Atlanta carrying children around doesn't. You never know when you are going to get hit from either a gangbanger or some drunk ass cracker and you have a family to protect. Goddam, US of A where everyone over 12 owns two guns and he's thinking, " Why couldn't I have been born in England?"So here he is going in the store to grab a orange juice to stop the daughter in the car seat from whining from her childhood ailments and damn how was he going to afford more medicine, when this drunk ass cracker starts mouthing at him and using derogatory racial terms about how "brothers" don't know their place. Is it his fault the drunk ass loser didn't hear him mumble thanks? MF wouldn't know African American Vernacular English if it hit him in the face. So as he heads to his car this drunk ass KKK wannabe keeps mouthin' and chasin' him around and follows him to the goddam car? He was rushing back to the car in case someone called the police for leaving a child unattended and he had to reach in under the seat for the gun just to be careful since that honky loser was still following him around running his mouth, and he was starting to sweat as his daughter was looking worse now and he might have to rush her to the ER, another thing he couldn't afford but no doctors would even let him in the door without insurance and as he turns around he sees a metal flash as the guy is rushing towards him. Before he knows it the gun goes off. Crap, is it his fault the flash of metal was a foot wide cowboy ass beltbuckle? Asswipe asked for it though, and really he has no time to stay and chat since he has to get his daughter some help....So now this drunk ass cracker is sobered up and soaking up all the attention and trying to lay blame on someone else for his dimwitted blurry actions that he honestly only half remembers and isn't about to accept the blame or face the facts that he is still a loser, a loser that can't wait to get away from this interview and go home and jack off to the thought of the hot tv reporter and lay on his ass and collect unemployment and sympathy for as long as he can soak it up. He's thinking that if he lays it on thick enough the local bar will hold a charity for him like that other sick kid or something they did, and maybe he can milk his time off work for another 6 months or so.
You should write a book man!
No, I don't believe the shooter should be in the military, but he certainly seems better qualified for that than he does for functioning in society.
Are you serious? You know, I really don't get ticked off, even when spademan blasted me on the religion forum. I understood what I was getting into. But are you really being serious? You might want to look at how many people who used to be in gangs, or going down a bad path that the military has helped out. Please, before you say retarded things that really do not make any sort of logical sense, check your facts. Every organization has bad apples. Every status has undesirable people. Don't try to put it like we are friggin monsters. Also, about the 'alledged gun knowledge' and so on. Yes, there is no 'alledged', due to the fact we have to qualify with a rifle every year. Also, let me put it to you this way. When a military member is put up for the medal of honor, a discussion occurs between several people to discuss if his/her actions deserve that award. Guess who is included in the discussion. MEDAL OF HONOR RECIPIENTS. So yes, what spade was saying and what I was saying (although approached slightly different) has relevance. However, I am not saying that I knew what went on and that he was right/wrong. I was just adding contribution to the conversation. Bit of advice: I would highly suggest not comparing military members to savages, seeing as we are the ones who help protect your right to call military members savages. Its really silly to spit in the face of whom is protecting you. Just saying.
Are you serious? You know, I really don't get ticked off, even when spademan blasted me on the religion forum. I understood what I was getting into. But are you really being serious? You might want to look at how many people who used to be in gangs, or going down a bad path that the military has helped out. Please, before you say retarded things that really do not make any sort of logical sense, check your facts. Every organization has bad apples. Every status has undesirable people. Don't try to put it like we are friggin monsters. Also, about the 'alledged gun knowledge' and so on. Yes, there is no 'alledged', due to the fact we have to qualify with a rifle every year. Also, let me put it to you this way. When a military member is put up for the medal of honor, a discussion occurs between several people to discuss if his/her actions deserve that award. Guess who is included in the discussion. MEDAL OF HONOR RECIPIENTS. So yes, what spade was saying and what I was saying (although approached slightly different) has relevance. However, I am not saying that I knew what went on and that he was right/wrong. I was just adding contribution to the conversation. Bit of advice: I would highly suggest not comparing military members to savages, seeing as we are the ones who help protect your right to call military members savages. Its really silly to spit in the face of whom is protecting you. Just saying.
Whoa! Easy on the trigger there Mayo. I was simply referring to his apparent talent with a gun.
Whoa! Easy on the trigger there Mayo. I was simply referring to his apparent talent with a gun.
Wow... then I completely missed that. If that was the case, I apologize.

After more skimming, has anyone mentioned that the shooter *probably* could have gotten in his car and shut the door in the same amount of time it took to reach into it, grab the gun, turn, and shoot with *about* a second to spare?

After more skimming, has anyone mentioned that the shooter *probably* could have gotten in his car and shut the door in the same amount of time it took to reach into it, grab the gun, turn, and shoot with *about* a second to spare?
No, because it's only *probable* if you assume that he wanted to jump into the car before grabbing the gun. If I'm being followed to my car by someone, the first thing I want is my gun, and if it's under the seat or something, I would most certainly grab it before I got in, it's much faster. After grabbing it from under the seat I'd have to turn to get in. Furthermore, a car, as far as I know, is not a blanket. When I was very young child and afraid of monsters from time to time I would pull my blanket up over my head. I was completely protected from the thrashing clawing and gnashing teeth of whatever might be outside. A car has no such magical properties. Especially if I don't know how close the guy is.This is pure speculation, and totally disregarding where the gun might have been, the dynamics of how he grabbed it and, well, a bunch of shit. Seriously, you're just imagining it happened one way, then you're imagining that everyone would react to the scenario you're imagining the same way you would.
Yes, I did.
This is pure speculation, and totally disregarding where the gun might have been, the dynamics of how he grabbed it and, well, a bunch of shit.Seriously, you're just imagining it happened one way, then you're imagining that everyone would react to the scenario you're imagining the same way you would.
No shit. How many times are you going to say that we don't know what happened? Every post here is based on "if this was the situation, then this could have been done differently". Honestly, at this point jumping in to say "but wait, that might not have been the situation" isn't really doing anything. No shit getting in the car and driving away might not have been possible or might have actually been dangerous, but you don't know that anymore than I know it might have been an easy way to diffuse a situation that ended up in someone almost getting killed in front of his family. I'm saying that would have been one of the options for the shooter...you can't say it was a bad option, because you have no clue. I'm not saying it was definitely the best option here, just that it was an option that would have been better than shooting someone in pretty much every case except the one you outline in which the manners nazi was a raving lunatic bent on physically harming the shooter, even though that's based on even less evidence than the idea that the manners nazi was just being kind of a dick, but hadn't started screaming or threatening harm. Your argument for dismissing it is that it *might* not have been possible or optimal. No shit, but that's not helpful, and I think there's a better chance that it was the right play in that situation rather than shooting. Unless, again, the manners nazi didn't tell the whole story and it was a situation in which the shooter could legitimately believe he was about to be attacked. I just found a tick on my inner thigh.Shit, I shouldn't have deleted the rest of your post. A car isn't a magic blanket, but nothing we know to this point suggests the shooter should have expected the ******* to smash through his window, pull him out, and rape him. Nothing we know to this point suggests that he should have expected any violent intent. And yes, spadey, I realize that *could* have been the *******'s intent. But all we know is the story that was told, and that story does not include threats of violence.There was other stuff I wanted to say, I think, but this is probably enough for now. You'll probably have enough trouble decoding that horribly articulated paragraph.