Mark Of The Best (rush) (.25/.50)

Villain is a Rush reg and likely knows that I am a TAG reg. If I recalled correctly at the time, he's somewhat LAG. The only specific note that I have on him is that he smoothcalled A9o on the button against an MPR, flatcalled an Axx flop, flatted the turn, and checked a scary river. If you specifically request, I can dig up whatever stats you want.feral_cow_icon.gifMoooooooooooraaawwwr.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50 - 9 playersHJ: $39.25 CO: $70.20 (Hero)Button: $50.00 SB: $43.95 BB: $59.80 UTG: $61.30 UTG+1: $50.00 MP: $102.45 MP2: $50.00 Preflop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with :club::ts (9 players)5 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BB calls $1Flop: ($3.25) :3h:qh:jh (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB calls $2Turn: ($7.25) :5c (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $5, BB calls $5River: ($17.25) :4h (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $18, BB raises to $51.30, and is all in, Hero ?

maths ittI call. If he isn't value betting thinly than the raise is super polarized and full houses are hard to make. And that being said perhaps he's just a spew who thinks any trips is the nuts... also, if you're gonna bet pot+1bb, might as well over bet like $24... are you aiming for 7x hero calls and 88 type hands anyway?

Yeah seems like he could have worse enough to call getting like 3 to 1 or whatever it is. I don't love it, but at the lower stakes people are more apt to do dumb things like overvalue A7 and weird shit.Mark

If I was playing this hand I would call because that's what I do, call rivers without thinking :PI'm having a really tough time putting him on a hand, I would expect a lot of stuff to c/r the flop because that's what people do with sets, draws or over pairs. Of the 6's he might have there aren't a huge amount he is playing even as a lag, presumably A6, 76, 65 and maybe 64 or 86? If he has 86 or 65 does he think you are snapping him off with worse ever?

I think there are probably more combos of spazz then value so I guess I call. How many entries is he on, bc if 4 tabling I doubt he does this as a bluff then

does anyone think the villian does not put hero on nowhere near a hand as strong as trips and thinks a shove will get hero to fold most of his range?
This is somewhat relevant.
I think there are probably more combos of spazz then value so I guess I call. How many entries is he on, bc if 4 tabling I doubt he does this as a bluff then
He was likely 4-tabling.I guess the hand's not quite as interesting as I thought considering everyone's firmly in the call camp. Maybe I should've doctored it and given us AA or non-nut trips or something. It's just that I don't expect that villains CRAI on the river as bluffs often...especially against bets as large as I made. I felt he could have worse trips or some sort of busted draw though, so I did end up making the call.He really surprised me by showing up with KJo for a really strange/ambitious line.
  • 2 weeks later...
He really surprised me by showing up with KJo for a really strange/ambitious line.
i think Cantu said this once