Random News Observations

Just finished the debate and these are my general "change of feelings" from before to after:Ron Paul : UpHerman Cain: Way up (I thought he was a crazy-type 3rd partier before the debate. I didn't know he was a logical former CEO)Pawlenty: WAY WAY down (This guy might be just a notch above retarded. How many times did he mention that he was from a working class town? This guy is everything I hate about politics.)Santorum: Way down (see notes on Pawlenty)Gary Johnson: Down (I wasn't impressed with his delivery. I liked some of what he said, but he was not a good communicator and has zero chance at winning. Especially since he's pro-choice, which I didn't know.)
I pretty much agree with this except Cain, who at first I thought was decent, but I started to dislike him by the end. I'm not sure why.I think Ron Paul is a lot less coherent than during the last election, but still ran circles around the others. I can't get over how disappointed I am in Gary Johnson. He really needs practice or something. It's like Pawlenty is a series of rehearsed soundbites with no substance, and Johnson is the exact opposite. I know which one I'd prefer, but you can't get elected without at least a reasonable set of coherent soundbites.
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

Wow, I did not even see Rick Santorum the first time through. Can't believe he is running. If you want to know who I really hate the most BG, it's Santorum. He is fifty times worse than Palin or Bachmann. He's completely insane and is just a disgusting human being.I'm rarely surprised by anything politicians say anymore but when Santorum said the problem with Social Security is lost taxes on people who were aborted.....well, that floored even me.Henry, everything you post about Gary Johnson makes him seem like a good guy with a lot of positive things to say.....but also paints him as someone who is really disdainful of the political part of the process and my guess is he just does not want to put in the effort to be polished in a TV debate.....possibly because he knows he can't actually win. I think if he thought he could win, he would put in the effort.Herman Cain is like Rudy Guiliani....at first he seems alright and then he keeps talking and you just wish he would shut up and go away. Plus, Cain's first media salvo was to declare he would never appoint a Muslim to any position in government. Sigh.

It's like Pawlenty is a series of rehearsed soundbites with no substance, and Johnson is the exact opposite.
After the debate I really can not express how much I hate Pawlenty. To me, he's the exact opposite of Chris Christie. Gary Johnson seemed a little bit like a lost child, basically a totally strange non-factor who everyone is wondering why he's there. Chris Christie on the other hand, is someone that answers questions genuinely and you immediately trust him. Even if Pawlenty is a good guy, I almost immediately hated him, and the more he spoke the less I trusted him.
  • 2 weeks later...

So since the argument has always been that a minority doesn't get to redefine the word 'marriage', I guess this pretty much ends the debate:gallup20_wide.jpg

I think at this point the chances are very good that Romney, Daniels or Pawlenty will be the nominee. I guess there could be a late entrant but it's hard to imagine any of the other current candidates winning. Do you guys think there are any real differences between these three?

I think at this point the chances are very good that Romney, Daniels or Pawlenty will be the nominee. I guess there could be a late entrant but it's hard to imagine any of the other current candidates winning. Do you guys think there are any real differences between these three?
Yes. Pawlenty, while I hate him, is more conservative that Romney. Romney isn't even really a republican. He would be very similar to Obama, who has shifted to the center since entering the white house.

And another one bites the dust. Daniels decides not to run. This is starting to get ridiculous. Republicans are down to 2 real candidates and the race has barely even started. Looks like no one wants to take one for the team and risk losing. Of course with Obama acting as a republican in disguise maybe the unofficial plan is to tank in 2012.

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.businessinsider.com/janice-hahn-ad-2011-6Hilarious Republican attack ad for a California House special election.
Are their allegations false, or just their method of telling about Hahn's record?I never heard of her or this special election, so I don't know anything about her.
Let me know how it is.I will be voting for Palin or Bachmann or whomever Cane hates the most.But I hope its a Palin/Bachmann ticket.Guaranteed invasion at least once a month.
It appear Bachmann cleaned up on the second debate. I guess it's going to be a Bachmann/Palin debate.I wonder how the liberals will attempt to destroy Bachmann now.Probably go after her record of raising 20+ foster children as "proof she's been on the take from the government for years"
It appear Bachmann cleaned up on the second debate. I guess it's going to be a Bachmann/Palin debate.I wonder how the liberals will attempt to destroy Bachmann now.
They'll probably just let her talk. Always fun to hear from a party that has misrepresented Obama's religion, nationality and childhood complain that liberals are too mean and stoop low to destroy people.I can't believe they would let that ad above on TV. It's so absurd it will probably just help Janice whoever running in whatever election.
They'll probably just let her talk. Always fun to hear from a party that has misrepresented Obama's religion, nationality and childhood complain that liberals are too mean and stoop low to destroy people.
Obama said he was a muslim too"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarifiedand what was said about his childhood? not the part about him going to a muslim school, cause who would print such a vile lie...oh wait, that was in Obama's book. Maybe about his snorting coke? That is terribl....oh wait, also in Obama's own book.What did anyone say about his childhood then?
I can't believe they would let that ad above on TV. It's so absurd it will probably just help Janice whoever running in whatever election.
Come on...that was never on any tv.
Obama said he was a muslim too"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarifiedand what was said about his childhood? not the part about him going to a muslim school, cause who would print such a vile lie...oh wait, that was in Obama's book. Maybe about his snorting coke? That is terribl....oh wait, also in Obama's own book.What did anyone say about his childhood then?
That his upbringing was "un-American", gave him a "completely different worldview", made him see the world in a "Kenyan colonial sort of way" and resulted in a "deep seated hatred for white people" and probably fifty other things I'm forgetting.
That his upbringing was "un-American", gave him a "completely different worldview", made him see the world in a "Kenyan colonial sort of way" and resulted in a "deep seated hatred for white people" and probably fifty other things I'm forgetting.
"... .. The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person who, uh, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know there's a reaction that's been been bred into our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way and that's just the nature of race in our society. We have to break through it..." - Senator Barack Obama
"... .. The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person who, uh, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know there's a reaction that's been been bred into our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way and that's just the nature of race in our society. We have to break through it..." - Senator Barack Obama
Well, now I don't know what to believe....
Well, now I don't know what to believe....
That's why I listen to Rush Limbaugh.You never have to 'not know' ever again.
what is the mistake here?
Well, among many others, it's that he wasn't raised in Kenya.
where does anyone mention in this thread where BHO was raised or suggest he was raised in Kenya? Cane simply posted the below and i agreed with him...LOL"That his upbringing was "un-American", gave him a "completely different worldview", made him see the world in a "Kenyan colonial sort of way" and resulted in a "deep seated hatred for white people" and probably fifty other things I'm forgetting."
where does anyone mention in this thread where BHO was raised or suggest he was raised in Kenya? Cane simply posted the below and i agreed with him...LOL"That his upbringing was "un-American", gave him a "completely different worldview", made him see the world in a "Kenyan colonial sort of way" and resulted in a "deep seated hatred for white people" and probably fifty other things I'm forgetting."
and that's why we don't take you seriously.

Not really a "News Observation" but thought it would go in this Thread...The lovely and talented Mrs Pot Odds RAC went to the Detroit Institute of the Arts over the weekend. She reports that in the Egyptian collection the years are indicated with the designation "BCE". As in the year "3000 BCE". I'd never seen this before, but apparently to be "Sensitive to Non-Christians" there is a move to eliminate the terms BC and AD and replace them with BCE (Before Common Era) and CE (Common Era).

Not really a "News Observation" but thought it would go in this Thread...The lovely and talented Mrs Pot Odds RAC went to the Detroit Institute of the Arts over the weekend. She reports that in the Egyptian collection the years are indicated with the designation "BCE". As in the year "3000 BCE". I'd never seen this before, but apparently to be "Sensitive to Non-Christians" there is a move to eliminate the terms BC and AD and replace them with BCE (Before Common Era) and CE (Common Era).
I saw this in a number of my textbooks in college. Not that new. Why is sensitive to non-christians in quotations?? Like that's such a bad thing.here's more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Era