Random News Observations

So Rush has a new Tea, Two If By Tea.He did a promo thing to give some away at a 4th of July event ( where kids are forced into Republican party )He showed up with 3,800 cases of Tea, gave it away, and gave all the other vendors $500 just in case their sales took a hit for him giving away Tea. Then he gave money to the city's disaster fund out of his own pocket for the recent problems they had.Man I love that guy.
Awesome.
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

So Rush has a new Tea, Two If By Tea.He did a promo thing to give some away at a 4th of July event ( where kids are forced into Republican party )He showed up with 3,800 cases of Tea, gave it away, and gave all the other vendors $500 just in case their sales took a hit for him giving away Tea. Then he gave money to the city's disaster fund out of his own pocket for the recent problems they had.Man I love that guy.
Oh I see, when Rush does an economic stimulus its a good idea.
You don't think there's a slight difference between taking money from people involuntarily and giving it to the politically connected vs a person voluntarily giving his own money to those he feels are deserving?
You don't think there's a slight difference between taking money from people involuntarily and giving it to the politically connected vs a person voluntarily giving his own money to those he feels are deserving?
Was just a joke. But most people pay their taxes voluntarily so I don't know what money you think was given involuntarily.
Was just a joke.
I hope so. Charity vs. Taxation are on opposite sides of a very large chasm.

I didn't pay my taxes once and the IRS voluntary took my bank account.

But most people pay their taxes voluntarily so I don't know what money you think was given involuntarily.
Sure they do. If all penalties were removed, everyone would still pay all their taxes.Also, I have a bridge over here that is on special this week....
Sure they do. If all penalties were removed, everyone would still pay all their taxes.Also, I have a bridge over here that is on special this week....
Massachusetts, the liberal mecca, had a voluntary contribution line added to their state taxes a decade or so ago.It resulted in about $3,000 in additional taxes being collected the one and only year they offered it.After the state spent a bit advertising the opportunity for liberals to put their money where there mouth was to show the republicans how much better they were.So it probably cost them 100Xs their collection to let everyone know about it.Explanation for liberals:( that means they lost money offering voluntary taxes )
We have collectively decided through a democratic process to give some of our wealth for common purposes. It is not stolen from us, that is ridiculous. We argue over how much tax is the optimal amount for each person to contribute, but pretty much no one thinks tax should be done away with completely. Not even you.
Being wealthy doesn't make one a democrat....
Being wealthy does have the potential to make one smarter, however.

I hate you both.I'm not going anywhere. I'm just saying that you are ascribing high IQ's to being a democrat, and I'm saying statistically, there are plenty of other factors to make such a claim on causation... problematic. All of those generally blue states, probably have the highest rates of private schooling and tutoring as well, because they are wealthy states. Could that not be the cause of the high IQ's... and not the fact that they are democrats, and thereby naturally smarter than everyone else?

We have collectively decided through a democratic process to give some of our wealth for common purposes. It is not stolen from us, that is ridiculous. We argue over how much tax is the optimal amount for each person to contribute, but pretty much no one thinks tax should be done away with completely. Not even you.
I didn't use the word stolen, I said involuntary. I'm guessing that most people would withhold at least 90% of their federal tax given the opportunity. That makes at least 90% of it involuntary.
I didn't use the word stolen, I said involuntary. I'm guessing that most people would withhold at least 90% of their federal tax given the opportunity. That makes at least 90% of it involuntary.
You said it was "taken involuntarily". Just because I'd prefer to pay less does not mean I am paying involuntarily. I voluntarily agree to pay what the country decides through its democratic process. There is a big difference between me sending my money in to the government and it being taken from me against my will.
I love how hard the Tea Party owned themselves by calling themselves the Tea Party. First of all: tea? Ok England. And second of all, tea party:tea_party.jpgI seriously can't believe that Rush is selling tea and you don't even bat an eyelid. WE DRINK COFFEE IN THIS HERE COUNTRY, FELLA. Unless it's iced tea. That's a delicious refreshing beverage.
I seriously can't believe that Rush is selling tea and you don't even bat an eyelid. WE DRINK COFFEE IN THIS HERE COUNTRY, FELLA. Unless it's iced tea. That's a delicious refreshing beverage.
raspberry.png