Random News Observations

So you think people should be punished for saving? What could possibly go wrong....?
that's an extremely simplistic take. I think it's just a counter-balance to the fact that it is mostly rich people who get a relatively huge tax break on the income they earn through capital gains.I mean if there is an alarming crisis of rich people suffering in America let me know. As far as I can tell, this is the best country to be rich in other than Monaco.
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

that's an extremely simplistic take. I think it's just a counter-balance to the fact that it is mostly rich people who get a relatively huge tax break on the income they earn through capital gains.I mean if there is an alarming crisis of rich people suffering in America let me know. As far as I can tell, this is the best country to be rich in other than Monaco.
If the problem is that you think the rich are getting a break on income, first, the graph shows otherwise, and second, you don't solve that problem by punishing savers, you solve it by fixing the income tax laws.Frankly, I think taxing savings is the absolutely worst tax, because savings is what drives the economy. "Wealth" is the capital in capitalism. Tax savings, and you get less capital to invest in the future.
If the problem is that you think the rich are getting a break on income, first, the graph shows otherwise, and second, you don't solve that problem by punishing savers, you solve it by fixing the income tax laws.Frankly, I think taxing savings is the absolutely worst tax, because savings is what drives the economy. "Wealth" is the capital in capitalism. Tax savings, and you get less capital to invest in the future.
fair enough.

Just saw this on TV last night.Propoganda ad by from "Citizens Against Government Waste,"

The message of this ad, that some future China surpassed America by not using stimulus spending intentionally misleads the viewer. China has successfully out-stimulused (sp?) us and proved that it works.
Just saw this on TV last night.Propoganda ad by from "Citizens Against Government Waste,"
The message of this ad, that some future China surpassed America by not using stimulus spending intentionally misleads the viewer. China has successfully out-stimulused (sp?) us and proved that it works.
Slave labor, no regard for the environment at all and artificially devaluing their currency might also be a factor...but it probably is that the communist were just better at buying stuff than Obama.
Yeah, they are really kicking our butt:gdp-per-capita-east-asia1.jpg
China has successfully out-stimulused (sp?) us and proved that it works.
Oh my ****.
  • 2 weeks later...
What do you know, Rupert Murdoch has a line.
The bottom line.What do you know, not enough Fox News sheep watch Beck.But I thought all Fox News watchers were unthinking robots who followed the Fox line?
The bottom line.What do you know, not enough Fox News sheep watch Beck.But I thought all Fox News watchers were unthinking robots who followed the Fox line?
Beck still has plenty of sheeplike followers. The real problem is that he was an embarrassment to the advertisers. They were refusing to advertise on his show.Fox is more than willing to put up with crazy people that make them money, but they draw the line at unprofitability.
Beck still has plenty of sheeplike followers. The real problem is that he was an embarrassment to the advertisers. They were refusing to advertise on his show.Fox is more than willing to put up with crazy people that make them money, but they draw the line at unprofitability.
I think Rachel Maddow is still on TV...so I assume Fox isn't alone on this.
If that is the case, then he'll be on another network soon, like MSNBC where the ad rates are much much lower.
No surprise, the AZ immigration law is going down in flames:http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/04/11/arizona.i...x.html?hpt=Sbin
Didn't everyone already know that the 9th circuit would block this? I would say that there is a good chance that the 9th's decision will be overturned 5-4. Then again, it's a pretty stupid law.
http://100gf.wordpress.com/2011/04/09/repu...-to-be-factual/from now on, I will just assume anything a Republican says "was not meant to be factual". Politics makes a lot more sense that way.
yes because only Republicans do that.
http://100gf.wordpress.com/2011/04/09/repu...-to-be-factual/from now on, I will just assume anything a Republican says "was not meant to be factual". Politics makes a lot more sense that way.
Maybe he was just using hyperbole? Who knows. It was a stupid thing to say for sure, but how did this even hit your radar?
Maybe he was just using hyperbole? Who knows. It was a stupid thing to say for sure, but how did this even hit your radar?
I've been hearing about it because Colbert is Tweeting something about it every 15 minutes for the last two days, "facts" about Kyl not meant to be factual statements, such as John Kyl killed a man for snoring, and he can unhinge his jaw to swallow large prey.Funny idea beaten into the ground, but even CNN picked up on Colbert's thing. In other words, I think Colbert made it news.