Random News Observations

Taking your question more seriously for a moment, assuming your not trolling ( which is a ridiculous assumption when talking with you)...

Because I think that the prohibition on pot is an unjust law, does not mean that I violate that law. I haven't smoked pot in years, but when I did, I never possessed it in any significant amount that would have resulted in anything but a fine. I have never sold pot. I don't think it's wrong to do it, however I did not do it for the same reason I didn't purger myself, I don't want to go to jail. The risk is not worth the reward. I don't judge those who do sell it, who are economically incentivized to it by that unjust law. I'm simply too risk adverse to do it myself. I'm no activist, and pot legalization is no great cause of mine.

I will say that I don't think the laws prohibiting perjury are unjust, in fact I think having a law against lying under oath is extremely useful. If there were no penalties for lying under oath, our legal system would not work, or at least would be a great deal more difficult to make work, as everyone would be lying to protect their own interests. That's not to say I wouldn't lie under oath, if I had some great incentive to do so, like avoiding jail for some greater charge, to save my job, to protect a loved one, to save my marriage or somthing. I would not, however, risk jail time to serve on a jury. That seems like a preposterous risk with zero reward.

My world view is mostly cost/benefit analysis, there's nothing sacred about it.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

My beard is at near Duck Dynasty levels, I doubt I would have been picked for this particular trial anyway, I have real "pot friendly look ( though I haven't smoked it in years now). This way maybe the term jury nullification will rattle around in some of their brains.

Gaddangit,I just knew it, I freaking just knew it. THX +6

Taking your question more seriously for a moment, assuming your not trolling ( which is a ridiculous assumption when talking with you)...

Because I think that the prohibition on pot is an unjust law, does not mean that I violate that law. I haven't smoked pot in years, but when I did, I never possessed it in any significant amount that would have resulted in anything but a fine. I have never sold pot. I don't think it's wrong to do it, however I did not do it for the same reason I didn't purger myself, I don't want to go to jail. The risk is not worth the reward. I don't judge those who do sell it, who are economically incentivized to it by that unjust law. I'm simply too risk adverse to do it myself. I'm no activist, and pot legalization is no great cause of mine.

I will say that I don't think the laws prohibiting perjury are unjust, in fact I think having a law against lying under oath is extremely useful. If there were no penalties for lying under oath, our legal system would not work, or at least would be a great deal more difficult to make work, as everyone would be lying to protect their own interests. That's not to say I wouldn't lie under oath, if I had some great incentive to do so, like avoiding jail for some greater charge, to save my job, to protect a loved one, to save my marriage or somthing. I would not, however, risk jail time to serve on a jury. That seems like a preposterous risk with zero reward.

My world view is mostly cost/benefit analysis, there's nothing sacred about it.

I can accept this explanation.

Just don't let it happen again!

Hippy

How sad is Canada for being absorbed with USA Envy?

Like you don't have enough of your own snow. and btw keep your stinkin geese

How sad is Canada for being absorbed with USA Envy?

Like you don't have enough of your own snow. and btw keep your stinkin geese

yah, not really proud of the geese. They crap bigger turds than Great Danes do. Disgusting birds.

yah, not really proud of the geese. They crap bigger turds than Great Danes do. Disgusting birds.

Get out of my country. There is nothing quite like the soulful, blaring honk of a group of Canada Geese. It's like a Celine Dion song, just more musical.

Shit is getting real with this hacker. How long before high level government officials simply stop emailing all together.

IT is amazing that no one has figured out how to make hack proof e mails, or web sites. IF i were bill gates Id have a whole department dedicated to come up with a way. Would have to be worth billions if they could do it.

I will never stop being fascinated when I take a crap of such immense size that I simply can't understand how it fits in my ass. I feel like some of my craps defy general relativity. Seriously, my ass should be called worm hole.