Random News Observations

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

I really think it would be better if we didn't jump to any conclusions about these fellows and their intent and motives.

Being member of al qeada is apparently relevant since they were probably influenced more by being in Toronto.

Silliness. When the arresting police force indicate strong links to an organization with outspoken religious motives, we would be wrong not to assume ideological motives.

Silliness. When the arresting police force indicate strong links to an organization with outspoken religious motives, we would be wrong not to assume ideological motives.

So we've had a week of focusing on the muslim terrorist in Boston, proven their Chechen ties and radical muslim bent, but we are to withhold judgement.

But these guys who were captured and arrested without having done anything, we already know enough to judge them?

I still want to know why al qeada is targeting Canada?

You guys are loved by the world, you don't start wars to impress your daddy, you don't have a military that can even protect your border, let alone project power.

Why would al qeada want to harm you guys? What makes this partly your fault?

So we've had a week of focusing on the muslim terrorist in Boston, proven their Chechen ties and radical muslim bent, but we are to withhold judgement.

But these guys who were captured and arrested without having done anything, we already know enough to judge them?

You guys are loved by the world, you don't start wars to impress your daddy, you don't have a military that can even protect your border, let alone project power.

You forget that Canada fought in Afghanistan against both Al Qaeda and The Taliban and for a long time we were doing more of the fighting there than any country other than the U.S.

Plus this train would have been coming from New York so it also would be an attack against Americans.

I never play the "blame the victim" card - I don't think it is the fault of Americans that they are consistently targeted. The Al-Qaeda's and extremists of the world UNFAIRLY see the United States as a symbol of things that are wrong, when in reality, those things that they feel are wrong are widely exhibited all over the world, including in Canada and Europe. Perhaps they are more strongly exhibited in the United States these days, but let's be honest, if Europe hadn't buried itself under monarchies for a few hundred years, the income equalities there would likely make the United States look like Norway.

Your first two sentences are so full of illogical and misinformation that I won't bother.

You forget that Canada fought in Afghanistan against both Al Qaeda and The Taliban and for a long time we were doing more of the fighting there than any country other than the U.S.

Plus this train would have been coming from New York so it also would be an attack against Americans.

So it was Bush's fault.

Man you Canadians do import everything you can from America.

Jerry Falwell: America got what it deserves re Sandy.

Left: Jerry Falwell is horrible evil person who should be deported.

Un Human Rights Official/ 40 year tenured professor: America got what it deserved re Boston Bombing

Left: He presents a reasonable point that we should explore more for it's insight.

Jerry Falwell: America got what it deserves re Sandy.

Left: Jerry Falwell is horrible evil person who should be deported.

Un Human Rights Official/ 40 year tenured professor: America got what it deserved re Boston Bombing

Left: He presents a reasonable point that we should explore more for it's insight.

Those situations have significant differences. Plus, all the lefties in here have argued against the UN official. Keep telling yourself everyone is against you though, fear is a powerful weapon.

Those situations have significant differences. Plus, all the lefties in here have argued against the UN official. Keep telling yourself everyone is against you though, fear is a powerful weapon.

Any chance you can point to a single post of the many where any lefty has argued against this UN official?

Just one post dealing with this man.

Doesn't even have to be a good post, can just mention his name and any word with a negative connotation at all anywhere in the post.

Any chance you can point to a single post of the many where any lefty has argued against this UN official?

Doesn't even have to be a good post, can just mention his name and any word with a negative connotation at all anywhere in the post.

My apologies, I thought you were referring to the stupid lefty quote from earlier. Then again, perhaps you could point to a post where any lefties have suggested the post had insight.

I was wrong, but you were making things up first!

My apologies, I thought you were referring to the stupid lefty quote from earlier. Then again, perhaps you could point to a post where any lefties have suggested the post had insight.

I was wrong, but you were making things up first!

FCP Rules say I was first; so I'm right.

Charter membership has its privledges.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A lot more detail in this Toronto Star story that came out overnight. The Star hates Ford with a passion as they are lefties and Ford is a small government right winger.

I voted for Ford since I agree with most of his basic policies about respect for the taxpayers money and not just giving in to the Unions but he's a super flawed person. Hopefully he resigns and a good not crazy center-right candidate runs for Mayor

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford in 'crack cocaine' video scandal

A video that appears to show Toronto’s mayor smoking crack is being shopped around by a group of Somali men involved in the drug trade.

My apologies, I thought you were referring to the stupid lefty quote from earlier.

106803-217123-1286950490547jpg-620x.jpg

I'm not happy that I decided to venture in this part of the forum.

Bob/BigD beat me to the punch on the Ford drug stuff.

I should've created a Towelie joke account. I'm too lethargic to bother setting that stuff up anymore.

Sounds like a Cat 5 tornado or at least a 4

The Associated Press ‏@AP 1h

BREAKING: National Weather Service: Tornado in suburban Oklahoma City had winds up to 200 mph -RJJ