Random News Observations

Peter King is pissed at his own party for not allowing vote on Hurricane Sandy relief

http://www.businessi...ublicans-2013-1

http://youtu.be/9aNwMbKdCDE

and Chris Christie is just as pissed

http://www.businessi...ief-bill-2013-1

Read more: http://www.businessi...1#ixzz2Gqku1uqq

government sucks...you are shocked by this? during Katrina it was GB's fault...now it is the republicains fault...regardless when government gets involved it is going to cost more, provide less and be painfully slow...and coming soon to all of us they will be providing health care!! Jeez what could go wrong???

When are people going to realize they are not better off with big government?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

At least they are near as pissed off as most of us liberals are at Obama. Christ, Romney couldn't have given them a sweeter deal.

This is a legit question, not sarcastic like the response below. But why was it such a sweet deal for dems? Looks to me like there were small effective tax hikes on the rich people, which pretty much had to be a given in the current climate and with a D in the White House...and yet payroll tax benefits were dropped, which has a significantly bigger effect on a bigger number of people. I'm surprised the Ds gave up anything, and it seems like what they gave was significant.

I'm not getting deeply involved in this, as should be obvious by the lack of numbers in my post, just looking for the opinions of R-leaners on this issue, and you're pretty much the only one who actually speaks in full sentences and isn't balloonguy (haven't seen brvheart in a while).

government sucks...you are shocked by this? during Katrina it was GB's fault...now it is the republicains fault...regardless when government gets involved it is going to cost more, provide less and be painfully slow...and coming soon to all of us they will be providing health care!! Jeez what could go wrong???

When are people going to realize they are not better off with big government?

You're right, it will cost more, provide less and be painfully slower than all those other trillion dollar relief organizations who are specifically mandated to look out for the American people. Wait, those don't exist? Oh. So I guess maybe expensive and slow is better than...nothing.

This is a legit question, not sarcastic like the response below. But why was it such a sweet deal for dems? Looks to me like there were small effective tax hikes on the rich people, which pretty much had to be a given in the current climate and with a D in the White House...and yet payroll tax benefits were dropped, which has a significantly bigger effect on a bigger number of people. I'm surprised the Ds gave up anything, and it seems like what they gave was significant.

I'm not getting deeply involved in this, as should be obvious by the lack of numbers in my post, just looking for the opinions of R-leaners on this issue, and you're pretty much the only one who actually speaks in full sentences and isn't balloonguy (haven't seen brvheart in a while).

You're right, it will cost more, provide less and be painfully slower than all those other trillion dollar relief organizations who are specifically mandated to look out for the American people. Wait, those don't exist? Oh. So I guess maybe expensive and slow is better than...nothing.

What did the Democrats give up?

What did the Democrats give up?

Payroll taxes cuts expiry. And I know, they were just "temporary" - but so were other measures that were extended in the past or now. That had a way bigger effect than other changes, and no reason they couldn't have been extended or made permanent as well...

Well, there are plenty of good reasons, but I mean, it was a part of the deal, and something the D's "gave up."

oh boy, he is a special one!! Some of what he says is actually true, some of it presented in a normal tone and conversation is even logical...but he is certainly batshit crazy!!

That being said banning guns solves nothing.

He called him the "gun guy". Can't I assume that he's uninformed about this particular individual?

Bob's MO is to post link often with little or no comments. the link will typically be some kind of leftist view or some nut job from the right and disappear. of course things are going to be assumed, it is left that way intentionally IMO.

You didn't already know that Alex Jones was crazy?

He called him the "gun guy". Can't I assume that he's uninformed about this particular individual?

I knew who Jones is but since we don't have talk radio the same here I had never really been exposed to his full level of insanity and I bet the average person hasn't been exposed to him before that either.

Bob's MO is to post link often with little or no comments. the link will typically be some kind of leftist view or some nut job from the right and disappear. of course things are going to be assumed, it is left that way intentionally IMO.

I like people to read things or see things for themselves and form their own opinions. I don't get the talking points e-mails from the vast left wing conspiracy so I don't want to get off message.

since we don't have talk radio the same here

I don't understand. You don't have talk radio? Or you have talk radio, but the hosts aren't allowed to discuss crazy stuff? Because after, say, 10pm on any AM station in the US, the least crazy discussion is going to be about aliens.

I like people to read things or see things for themselves and form their own opinions. I don't get the talking points e-mails from the vast left wing conspiracy so I don't want to get off message.

off measage....cmon...

I don't understand. You don't have talk radio? Or you have talk radio, but the hosts aren't allowed to discuss crazy stuff? Because after, say, 10pm on any AM station in the US, the least crazy discussion is going to be about aliens.

For whatever reason batshit crazy talk isn't on Canadian radio like it is in the US and what we do have are different programs then in the US.

Rush was on the radio here about a decade ago but his show didn't last long.

Happy 100th birthday to Richard Nixon who was one of the best Presidents of the 20th Century.

Watergate was really no different then other things that every President has done.

For whatever reason batshit crazy talk isn't on Canadian radio like it is in the US and what we do have are different programs then in the US.

Rush was on the radio here about a decade ago but his show didn't last long.

That's not a surprise, since his entire show is about AMERICA.

That's not a surprise, since his entire show is about AMERICA.

Actually I think I was mistaken and he's never been on Canadian radio although over 90% of Canadians live close enough to the border to listen to American radio stations.

I would absolutely love for Americans to hear what constitutes talk radio in Canada. If you can, turn on CBC Radio or CBC Radio 2 on the internet - that pretty much is what our version is. I feel dumb listening to it. They mainly interview authors and scientists. Average IQ is...a lot higher than mine.

The dumbest talk radio we have is about sports, usually hockey, and of course even the dumbest Canadian knows enough about hockey that we don't just jerk off about Tebow all day.

It's your mo to post some empty platitude about silly libs or govt bad. Such irony