Fchl Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game 3 tonight, with Dubey a big favourite to put the big hammer down on a 3-0 lead! With a likely split in games 5 and 6, I really needed to take one of the first two and game 4. Now I'll have to get really lucky in games 3-4.

The seals take a stranglehold on the series with a 4-2.5 victory in Game 3.Right back at it on Sunday, and the Seals have a strong lineup, with Iginla, Staal, Stamkos, Morrow and Getzlaf all going on a 7 game night.

game 4: FCHL ChampionshipsFollowing a series trend, the Moneyshots jumped ot an early lead in game 4. Unfortunately for them, another series trend was the Golden Seals getting huge production from players a little ways down the depth chart, as Brendan morrow scored 1g and 2a against Danny's goalies, for a 4 point swing in the late game to help the Seals win their first FCHL championship.Lethbridge Golden Seals 2.5 Halifax Moneyshots 0.5Lethbridge wins 4-0I finished the Playoffs with a 12-2 record, and while it may look like it was a breeze, it was actually anything but.In round 1, leading 3-2 against the BlackDevilHawks, I needed a third period goal from Eric Belanger to tie the game, then a very late goal from Devin Setoguchi for the series victory. If we had gone to 7, the DevilHawks would have been victorious, in convincing fashion.In round 2, I took a 3-0 lead, only to lose game 4. A scoring change 2 days later gave me the victory, and a 4-0 series win. If not for that scoring change, the Biatch would have stormed back to tie the series at 3-3, and I would have just snuck by with a game 7 victory on the strength of 2 goals and as assist from Iginla against my own brother, of all people.In the finals, Danny had an early lead in all 4 games, and I had to sweat the late game, always getting key production when I needed it from the likes of Devin Setoguchi, Brendan Morrow, Ryan Getzlaf, and Iginla.

Hey, congrats Dave! I didn't realize there was a game last night, very well deserved championship. You inherited a strong contender, that's true, but you put the work in and made the Golden Seals a championship team. Congrats also go out to Danny, he battled all season long and should have a very strong team again next year.

One brother wins the championship, the other brother finishes last place in his league..HMMMM:)

One brother wins the championship, the other brother finishes last place in his league..HMMMM:)
Eh, its only the NHL. Who really cares about that.Now, last place in FCHL? No one ever lives that down.
Eh, its only the NHL. Who really cares about that.Now, last place in FCHL? No one ever lives that down.
Last place is so hard to get! I've tried for 3 years and failed each time!

You guys should put together a quick playoff pool like we have in the AHL.Edit: rulesHere are the specs for this years playoff pool, a freeroll for all:When the NHL players start, all 20 teams will post ONE lineup of 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, and one goalie. Once you submit this lineup you may NOT make any changes for the entire round of the playoffs. You can use any combination of farm/reserve players you wish.SCORING:Goals: 1Assists: 1Goalie Win: 2Goalie Loss: -1In playoff round #1 you face off against the five other teams in your division. The three highest scoring teams will qualify for round #2 of the playoffs. In the case of a tie:Most goalsMost assistsMost goalie winsHighest scoring player, if tied, second highest scoring player, and so onIn round #2, point totals are reset and you may post a brand new lineup. The top two highest scoring teams from that round qualify for round 3.In round #3 the top two teams in each division face off for the right to represent their division in the finals. All 4 division winners will face off in the finals.Here is how the finals works: If The Big M's represent the AHL South, he can use ANY players he chooses to ice a full lineup, by borrowing players from other teams in the AHL South. Goalies cannot be borrowed.To make everyone have a rooting interest in the finals, if your division wins, everyone on the division is a winner:Playoff Champion: $400Other Teams in the Winning Division: $100Fun stuff! Just thought I'd throw that out there for those eliminated to let them know there is still something to look forward to... basically to make Bob feel better about being out Smile

Was bored and was looking at tiers.Tier 1 Forwards1.Corey Perry Broadway 74.002. Daniel Sedin Golden Seals 72.503. Steven Stamkos Golden Seals 68.004. Martin St. Louis Newmarket Hurricanes 65.005. Jarome Iginla Golden Seals 64.506. Alex Ovechkin Newmarket Hurricanes 58.507. Ryan Kesler asdfjkl; 57.008. Henrik Sedin Halifax Moneyshots 56.509. Teemu Selanne Halifax Moneyshots 55.5010. Patrick Marleau Broadway 55.00

Tier 2 F11. Eric Staal (Car - F) Golden Seals 54.50 12. Jonathan Toews (Chi - F) BlackDevilHawks 54.00 13. Patrick Sharp (Chi - F) Golden Seals 52.50 14. Bobby Ryan (Anh - F) The Lost Cause 52.50 15. Brad Richards (Dal - F) Newmarket Hurricanes 52.50 16. Thomas Vanek (Buf - F) Newmarket Hurricanes 52.50 17. Henrik Zetterberg (Det - F) DTD Injured Reserve 52.00 18. Danny Briere (Phi - F) Halifax Moneyshots 51.00 19. Jeff Carter (Phi - F) Tulane Flyers 51.00 20. Claude Giroux (Phi - F) FA 50.50 21. Patrick Kane (Chi - F) The Lost Cause 50.00 22. Loui Eriksson (Dal - F) asdfjkl; 50.00 23. Sidney Crosby (Pit - F) IR asdfjkl; 49.00 24. Anze Kopitar (LA - F) DTD asdfjkl; 49.00 25.Rick Nash (Cls - F) DTD Halifax Moneyshots 4926. John Tavares (NYI - F) FA 48.00 27. Phil Kessel (Tor - F) asdfjkl; 48.00 28. Ryan Getzlaf (Anh - F) Golden Seals 47.50 29. Jeff Skinner (Car - F) FA 47.00 30. Matt Duchene (Col - F) FA 47.00 31. David Backes (StL - F) KC Reserves 46.50 32. Milan Lucic (Bos - F) TheBetmanAles 46.00 33. Joe Thornton (SJ - F) asdfjkl; 45.50 34. Ilya Kovalchuk (NJ - F) Fearsome Beavers 45.50 35. Alex Tanguay (Cgy - F) TheBetmanAles 45.50 36. Dany Heatley (SJ - F) The Lost Cause 45.00 37. Mike Ribeiro (Dal - F) Broadway 45.00 38. Brenden Morrow (Dal - F) Golden Seals 44.50 39. Mike Richards (Phi - F) Fearsome Beavers 44.50 40. Logan Couture (SJ - F) FA 44.00

Can I ask how. I could only think to c&p yahoo stuff.
Yeah, just copy/pasted it to Excel, removed the unnecessary info, then just screen capped the various tiers for the post.
Yeah, just copy/pasted it to Excel, removed the unnecessary info, then just screen capped the various tiers for the post.
But how did you figure which team owns each player in 5 minutes?
But how did you figure which team owns each player in 5 minutes?
It's in the Yahoo stuff... go to the player list from within the pool, and it already has it set to have the FCHL points instead of NHL points, and has the teams. For the farm players, you'll notice I was too lazy to find the FCHL team, since they're just FAs on Yahoo. Also, too lazy to do it for goalies as well. :club:
It's in the Yahoo stuff... go to the player list from within the pool, and it already has it set to have the FCHL points instead of NHL points, and has the teams. For the farm players, you'll notice I was too lazy to find the FCHL team, since they're just FAs on Yahoo. Also, too lazy to do it for goalies as well. :club:
Ahh...you, you're good.
Was bored and was looking at tiers.Tier 1 Forwards1.Corey Perry Broadway 74.002. Daniel Sedin Golden Seals 72.503. Steven Stamkos Golden Seals 68.004. Martin St. Louis Newmarket Hurricanes 65.005. Jarome Iginla Golden Seals 64.506. Alex Ovechkin Newmarket Hurricanes 58.507. Ryan Kesler asdfjkl; 57.008. Henrik Sedin Halifax Moneyshots 56.509. Teemu Selanne Halifax Moneyshots 55.5010. Patrick Marleau Broadway 55.00
The way Perry, Marleau and a couple of others performed over the last month, I am scared to death to figure out if I got past Danny in the first round what would have happened? I got a feeling it would make me ill.
The way Perry, Marleau and a couple of others performed over the last month, I am scared to death to figure out if I got past Danny in the first round what would have happened? I got a feeling it would make me ill.
Anaheim didn't play much though. You might have got past Jay but I don't think you would have had enough games to get past Dubes.